Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need GNS 480 and Navworx help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saolesen(at)sirentel.net

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Need GNS 480 and Navworx help Reply with quote

While doing my annual, I took time to run a wire from my 480 to the Navworx box. I fiddled with the 480 software to set it to the ADS-B out setting and did the same with Navworx to accept the 480 input. I rolled the plane out in to the subzero WI weather to view the GPS satellites and got nothing. The 480 wasn’t talking to the 600B.

I used: P1-6 for serial 3 out at 9600 from the 480
Pin 34 on the 600B
UAT software 4.1
The 480 has the ADS-B out software installed

In the 480 Ground Service Mode, there was no activity showing on Serial 3 in the monitor mode.

Where am I going wrong?

Sheldon Olesen
RV-10 N475PV 791 hrs

Sent from my iPad

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
rene(at)felker.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Need GNS 480 and Navworx help Reply with quote

I do not know about the 480, but I had to connect two wires for the 430.

Pin 34 with the GPS (ads-B out + setting on the 430)
Pin 11 with time "time mark out" from the 430

Set the NAVWORX box to use the ads-b out + from the garmin, do not know what it was labeled as, but I think it was generic and not specific to the 430.

Hope this helps in some way.

Do you have the correct UAT version and date? The is more than one 4.1 floating around.

Rene'
801-721-6080

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Need GNS 480 and Navworx help Reply with quote

Sheldon,

I'm not the 480 expert when it comes to NavWorx - I think that's Phil Yoder (he got the 480 AMOC), but I think you need a timing signal (pins 1-17 and 1-19 on the 480 to pins 2 and 21 on the 600B) as well as the source which is ARINC (pins 5-5 and 5-25 on the 480 to pins 9 and 28 on the 600B)...according to my NavWorx Manual.

Hope this helps,
Ralph

--

Airdog77

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: Need GNS 480 and Navworx help Reply with quote

Sheldon,

Just to confirm, when you say that your
Quote:
480 has the ADS-B out software installed
does that mean you have the latest 2.4 software version on your unit?

I ask because I've seen discussions on ADS-B vs ADS-B+ out there, and there seems to be confusion between the two. Version 2.3 will give you ADS-B, but to drive an S-mode transponder for ADS-B you need 2.4.

Again, just double-checking.

Cheers,
Wade

www.longezpush.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: