Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

In flight facilities

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graeme bird

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: In flight facilities Reply with quote

Does anyone nip down the back and use the little boys room in their Europa?
I was looking to see what the glider pilots do; external catheter, Coloplast and a bag or bottle. Or maybe just a fabric conditioner bottle and some loose clothing and Y fronts. Maybe a tube and a somewhere to vent it so as not to corrode anything. The low seat and angle wont help and the lack of height to shift around.
Should be able to enable (inflate) the auto pilot during the process.
I expect the Doctor puts in a proper catheter Smile

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List

Kit2 G-PATS - (kesterton) Mono Classic 912 warpdrive
Kit 1 G-UMPY - Mono Classic/XS 912S, Woodcomp G(@)gdbmk.co.uk
dpark748(at)me.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: In flight facilities Reply with quote

Max 2 1/2 hour legs!!!
G-LDVO
Dave Park
Quote:
On 5 Jan 2018, at 21:40, graeme bird <graeme(at)gdbmk.co.uk> wrote:

I was looking to see what the glider pilots do; external catheter, Coloplast and a bag or bottle. Or maybe just a fabric conditioner bottle and some loose clothing and Y fronts. Maybe a tube and a somewhere to vent it so as not to corrode anything. The low seat and angle wont help and the lack of height to shift around.

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY - Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S, Woodcomp 3000/3W CS, trutrak Gemini 2 axis AP, PAW, PFLARM core, ads-b out, 8.33khz, mode S, FP-5, Aera500, SD on Nexus, SmartA3
325 hours &amp; 6 years on the Mono, 930 total
g(at)gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=477109#477109

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

davidjoyce(at)doctors.org

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:55 pm    Post subject: In flight facilities Reply with quote

Graeme, This doctor uses a bottle, which fits nicely in thegap under the high support. You really ned two hands for it, so ideally you have an autopilot to hold the fort whilst you do the business. I have only had two disturbing incidents over the years:
Quite a lot of years ago I was flying solo out to Prague, and approaching the Czech border I had noticed that there was nothing but dense forest all the way to the distant horizon, and tought that would not be a good place for the engine to go quiet. Possibly the thought was enough to tense the bladder, so out came the bottle. Having completed the manoeuvre I looked at the panel and found everything electrical was dead! The engine being a 914 was relying on electricity to run its two fuel pimps, which induced a bit of urgrncy in may emergency checks. Fortunately I started in the right place and found that the toggle switches for master & alternator were both off, having been snared by my trouser bottom when I lifted my leg to replace the bottle. At the time I thought this was a very lucky escape and felt obliged to report the incident on this forum, only to be told by Andy Draper that if I had wired things properly it wouldn't stop anyway, as the pump is supplied by the alternator upstream of alternator switch.
The other incident was slightly more embarrassing! I was on a Dawn to Dusk Challenge flight down in S France with a long range tank and we were at the end of a long leg. My mate was flying whilst I made use of the facilities and in mid flow the engine coughed and stopped. Instantly and in a slightly tense voice came, "You have control!" Not good timing! (The engine had stopped because we had run the main tank dry and for the first time ever, the long range tank had not auto siphoned).
Many of my gliding friends did have funnels connected to a tube, but they ended up with dried out uric acid crystals under the fuselage (which would not be good for the mono tail wheel & spring!) but again even for 7 or 8 hour flights I found a bottle adequate
Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2018-01-05 21:40, graeme bird wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: "graeme bird" <graeme(at)gdbmk.co.uk (graeme(at)gdbmk.co.uk)>

--------
Graeme Bird
G-UMPY - Mono Classic/XS FFW 912S, Woodcomp 3000/3W CS, trutrak Gemini 2 axis AP, PAW, PFLARM core, ads-b out, 8.33khz, mode S, FP-5, Aera500, SD on Nexus, SmartA3
325 hours &amp; 6 years on the Mono, 930 total
g(at)gdbmk.co.uk

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=477109#477109
ttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
ics.com
.com
.matronics.com/contribution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: