Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Water cooler vs duct

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alan.twigg775(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject: Water cooler vs duct Reply with quote

I have a set of Nev’s cowlings, with revised radiator duct sides ( CD2&3), Nev acquired for me a radiator with extra jackets to the side and side exiting hoses.
I have installed it which involved cutouts in the side panels, this means mounting forward of the footwell. I now have not enough room between lower cowl and the radiator, Ie negative by 10mm.
Has anyone fitted this sort of radiator? I am close to ditching it and fitting the original standard, (does anyone have a spare?
Alan Twigg
Motorglider kit 463
Almost there, radiator and control set ups to go. 2018 might be the year.

Sent from my iPhone

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
JonathanMilbank

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Water cooler vs duct Reply with quote

Hi Alan,

I too have installed Nev's cowlings and I took his advice to fit the same water radiator in the same position as found in the XS installation, but I also took his advice to use the oil cooler from my original Classic cowlings. No problems.

Perhaps you could attach a few photographs to enable better understanding of your set-up.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

spcialeffects

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Water cooler vs duct Reply with quote

Hi Alan. I too have fitted Nev’s cowls and have plenty of photos of my installation if your interested as a photo says a thousand words. My email is spcialeffects(at)aol.com

Regards Frank

Nigel Graham

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Water cooler vs duct Reply with quote

........"I am close to ditching it and fitting the original standard, (does anyone have a spare? "

I might be able to help you out Alan. Contact me off list.

Nigel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: