Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Motor Glider Airbrake Pushrods Tube.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alan.twigg775(at)gmail.co

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject: Motor Glider Airbrake Pushrods Tube. Reply with quote

I am struggling to find the last bit of Airbrake installation in the manual.
The manual tells you to cut the tubes to 95” and instal one end fitting, stating” the final length will be stabilised later”.
I cannot find the later bit; how do I establish Tube length to install the final end fitting?

I am pleased to say that these are around the last bits in my parts box, having all the painting done, engine installed and interior trim completed.

All you USA builders must have faced this and I must be missing something obvious.

Regards to all
Alan Twigg
MG kit 463, hoping to fly in the 25th anniversary year.
Sent from my iPad

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
iancook_1(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:54 am    Post subject: Motor Glider Airbrake Pushrods Tube. Reply with quote

Alan,
My wings are off at the moment and at Lasham in my trailer. You are most welcome to measure at your convenience, if the rod ends are accessible?

Ian

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On 27 Jan 2018, at 07:39, Alan Twigg <alan.twigg775(at)gmail.com> wrote:

I am struggling to find the last bit of Airbrake installation in the manual.
The manual tells you to cut the tubes to 95” and instal one end fitting, stating” the final length will be stabilised later”.
I cannot find the later bit; how do I establish Tube length to install the final end fitting?

I am pleased to say that these are around the last bits in my parts box, having all the painting done, engine installed and interior trim completed.

All you USA builders must have faced this and I must be missing something obvious.

Regards to all
Alan Twigg
MG kit 463, hoping to fly in the 25th anniversary year.
Sent from my iPad

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

h&jeuropa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Motor Glider Airbrake Pushrods Tube. Reply with quote

Alan,

There is nothing in the build manual concerning what you are trying to do.

Go to Bud Yerly's website under articles,

http://customflightcreations.com/techniques-articles-and-build-information/techniques-articles/

and will find the only published instructions.

We've come to a halt on our wings since there are no instructions on how to make the trailing edge of the wing/aileron/air brake align properly and ours definitely do not align!

Hope this helps.

Jim & Heather

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: