Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin GMU11?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stabelvej9(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:47 pm    Post subject: Garmin GMU11? Reply with quote

Hi

Anyone who have been experimenting with Garmins GMU11 unit?
I plan to instal it in the fuselage - Garmin recommend that installation is done in the wing.
Hmmm … ??

Regards
Gert

OY-GDS, Mono, 914, Woodcomp 3000

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
davidjoyce(at)doctors.org

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Garmin GMU11? Reply with quote

Gert, I have installed a GMU 22 with my G5 system at top of fuselage behind the D panel. I previously had a Blue Mountain magnetometer (looking like the GMU11) at bottom of fuselage a foot back from D panel. Both seem to work/have worked OK., and the G5 system appears to be very critical of its inputs.
Regards, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2018-03-03 06:37, Gert Dalgaard Sřrensen wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: =?utf-8?Q?Gert_Dalgaard_S=C3=B8rensen?= <stabelvej9(at)gmail.com (stabelvej9(at)gmail.com)>

Hi

I plan to instal it in the fuselage - Garmin recommend that installation is done in the wing.
Hmmm ... ??

Regards
Gert

ttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
ics.com
.com
.matronics.com/contribution

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

stabelvej9(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:12 am    Post subject: Garmin GMU11? Reply with quote

Thanks’ David - at the top behind the “D” is exactly the position that I consider.What do you mean when you write “ - and the G5 system appears to be very critical of its inputs”
Regards
Gert

Quote:
Den 3. mar. 2018 kl. 10.04 skrev davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk (davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk):

Gert, I have installed a GMU 22 with my G5 system at top of fuselage behind the D panel. I previously had a Blue Mountain magnetometer (looking like the GMU11) at bottom of fuselage a foot back from D panel. Both seem to work/have worked OK., and the G5 system appears to be very critical of its inputs.

On 2018-03-03 06:37, Gert Dalgaard Sørensen wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: =?utf-8?Q?Gert_Dalgaard_S=C3=B8rensen?= <stabelvej9(at)gmail.com (stabelvej9(at)gmail.com)>

Hi

Hmmm ... ??

Regards
Gert

ics.com
.com

davidjoyce(at)doctors.org

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:40 am    Post subject: Garmin GMU11? Reply with quote

Gert, I mean that it seems to have a self testing system. It seems to analyse the inputs from each of the attached units and puts up messages if it is not happy. It also does its own independent calibration of the magnetometer. I have always had to have someone outside the plane lining it up on different headings with a specially accurate compass to calibrate the plane's compass or magnetometer, but the G5/ GMU calibration just requires you to go to a compass square, then point the plane roughly north. Then the G5 takes over, telling you turn slowly right; hold it there; turn slowly right; hold it there and so on whilst you go slowly through 360 degrees. Then it says All done. That is probably not quite the same as saying that it can determine the magnetic cleanliness of your positioning of the magnetometer but it certainly seems to be critical of the nature of its inputs.
Regards, David

On 2018-03-03 09:12, Gert Dalgaard Sřrensen wrote:
Quote:
Thanks' David - at the top behind the "D" is exactly the position that I consider. What do you mean when you write " - and the G5 system appears to be very critical of its inputs"
Regards
Gert

Quote:
Den 3. mar. 2018 kl. 10.04 skrev davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk (davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk):

On 2018-03-03 06:37, Gert Dalgaard Sřrensen wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hi

Hmmm ... ??

Regards
Gert

ics.com
.com

stabelvej9(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:56 am    Post subject: Garmin GMU11? Reply with quote

Tank you very much for info.Regards Gert

Quote:
Den 3. mar. 2018 kl. 10.40 skrev davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk (davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk):

Gert, I mean that it seems to have a self testing system. It seems to analyse the inputs from each of the attached units and puts up messages if it is not happy. It also does its own independent calibration of the magnetometer. I have always had to have someone outside the plane lining it up on different headings with a specially accurate compass to calibrate the plane's compass or magnetometer, but the G5/ GMU calibration just requires you to go to a compass square, then point the plane roughly north. Then the G5 takes over, telling you turn slowly right; hold it there; turn slowly right; hold it there and so on whilst you go slowly through 360 degrees. Then it says All done. That is probably not quite the same as saying that it can determine the magnetic cleanliness of your positioning of the magnetometer but it certainly seems to be critical of the nature of its inputs.
Regards, David

On 2018-03-03 09:12, Gert Dalgaard Sørensen wrote:
Quote:
Thanks' David - at the top behind the "D" is exactly the position that I consider. What do you mean when you write " - and the G5 system appears to be very critical of its inputs"
Regards
Gert

Quote:

On 2018-03-03 06:37, Gert Dalgaard Sørensen wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Hi

Hmmm ... ??

Regards
Gert

ics.com
.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: