Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mouttain High )2 System Distribution Head Location

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kearney

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Mouttain High )2 System Distribution Head Location Reply with quote

Hi

I need to find reasonable locations for the distribution heads for my Mountain High O2 system.

I am thinking of installing them in my Aerosport overhead console. For the front seat positions, the best location seems to be the large access panel - this is easy. The rear positions also can fit in the overhead console but the best spot is behind the rear access panel. In this location I can't figure out how to do the install.

I am also using an Aerosport center console and have thought about putting the controllers on the front and back. These locations would work except I plan to put the headphone jacks etc in these locations.

Given all that I have two questions.

1. For those who have installed in the overhead console, are you happy with this location and if not why not. Pix of how the install worked would be great.

2. For those who installed elsewhere, I'd be interested in seeing pix of the location and comments on the location.

Cheers

Les

C-GCWZ - Flying
C-GROK - Some assembly required

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
philperry9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject: Mouttain High )2 System Distribution Head Location Reply with quote

I put mine in the center console and I regret it every time I fly....   Finding another location is something I'd like to do at some point in the future.

My thought process was to put the headsets, oxygen outlets, and misc cables (USB, Cigarette lighter, etc) near the center point of the cabin.  It would serve as the distribution point to all 4 seats and the cables/hoses would not be a factor when exiting the airplane.
What I can tell you is that it's a nightmare to pull the console to inspect/service the tunnel.  It's a nightmare to get the cables/hoses re-installed in a consistent enough fashion where the interior bin will sit down flush and where the rudder cables won't rub against them.   I really regret putting anything in my center console.  I should have left it naked and when on finding a different spot.  I constantly have mess of cables/hoses to fight through.  I've also found that with that many wires/hoses in the box, things (wires and hoses) get pressed into position and it binds them.  I currently have an electrical gremlin in my pilot outlet that I need to trace.  I am 100% sure it's a connector issue but when you can't permanently mount the wires and forget about them, things like connector problems happen.  That area is just too dynamic from maintenance period to maintenance period to expect everything to be rock-solid all the time.
If you do decide to install in the center console, I've attached some pictures.  The factory backing plates on the outlets were too wide to allow side-by-side installation of the outlets in the width of the console.   So I had to remove them and build a single backing plate that allowed me to squeeze the two outlets closer together.  Worked well.
The overhead air console is probably a good choice, but I know MH wants you to mount them in a place that has static cabin pressure.  I know the sensor is on the face of the outlet, but I still think it would be a good idea to build a receptacle box in the overhead to hold them, then seal that box with proseal so it won't be subject to the positive pressures inside the overhead console.  That's something I'm still considering as I'm not real happy with my center console setup.  I just have too many wires and not enough space.  Good luck!
Phil

[img]cid:ii_jfsetgpo2_162ab1660e202697[/img]

[img]cid:ii_jfsetv1w3_162ab16a88a845c5[/img]

[img]cid:ii_jfseua4g4_162ab16f52d493f0[/img]

[img]cid:ii_jfseumu25_162ab1734eba1471[/img]

[img]cid:ii_jfsev3jc6_162ab17890dff7f0[/img]

[img]cid:ii_jfsevd1v7_162ab17bb2901430[/img]

[img]cid:ii_jfsevprt8_162ab17fb6eb5a23[/img]

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 10:03 AM, kearney <kearney(at)shaw.ca (kearney(at)shaw.ca)> wrote:
Quote:
--> RV10-List message posted by: "kearney" <kearney(at)shaw.ca (kearney(at)shaw.ca)>

Hi

I need to find  reasonable locations for the distribution heads for my Mountain High O2 system.

I am thinking of installing them in my Aerosport overhead console. For the front seat positions, the best location seems to be the large access panel - this is easy.  The rear positions also can fit in the overhead console but the best spot is behind the rear access panel. In this location I can't figure out how to do the install.

I am also using an Aerosport center console and have thought about putting the controllers on the front and back. These locations would work except I plan to put the headphone jacks etc in these locations.

Given all that I have two questions.

1. For those who have installed in the overhead console, are you happy with this location and if not why not. Pix of how the install worked would be great.

2. For those who installed elsewhere, I'd be interested in seeing pix of the location and comments on the location.

Cheers

Les

C-GCWZ - Flying
C-GROK - Some assembly required

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=479197#479197

====================================
-List" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
FORUMS -
eferrer" target="_blank">http://forums.matronics.com
WIKI -
errer" target="_blank">http://wiki.matronics.com
b Site -
          -Matt Dralle, List Admin.
rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

image.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  278.35 KB
 Viewed:  3441 Time(s)

image.png

image.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  313.82 KB

image.png

image.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  316.79 KB

image.png

image.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  326.2 KB

image.png

image.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  267.98 KB

image.png

image.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  331.24 KB

image.png

image.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  310.4 KB

image.png

kearney

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject: Re: Mouttain High )2 System Distribution Head Location Reply with quote

Hi Phil

Thanks for the pix and insights. In my flying -10, I did much the same thing except I have a flange mounted CPC on the tunnel cover under the consol. To remove the consol, I simply unscrew the CPC and the whole thing comes off as a unit.

I do have O2 ports on the front of consol as well except these are strictly outlets (no electronic heads) as they predate the new MHS system. I only have a single quick disconnect on a supply line to break.

I plan to do the same thing again on the center consol using a single CPC. I don't want to put O2 on the console this time due to the additional wiring and connections associated with the distribution head. Also, I like the real estate for jacks etc.

Based on you comments I'll find a different home for the O2 distribution heads.

Lastly, my airplane builder fluid looks equally dark but generally says Guinness and comes in a can.

Cheers

Les

philperry9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Mouttain High )2 System Distribution Head Location Reply with quote

If you look closely, I used a CPC too. No way I’d try it without the CPC. Just too many wires to my use one.

Phil

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
On Apr 9, 2018, at 11:13 AM, kearney <kearney(at)shaw.ca> wrote:

Hi Phil

Thanks for the pix and insights. In my flying -10, I did much the same thing except I have a flange mounted CPC on the tunnel cover under the consol. To remove the consol, I simply unscrew the CPC and the whole thing comes off as a unit.

I do have O2 ports on the front of consol as well except these are strictly outlets (no electronic heads) as they predate the new MHS system. I only have a single quick disconnect on a supply line to break.

I plan to do the same thing again on the center consol using a single CPC. I don't want to put O2 on the console this time due to the additional wiring and connections associated with the distribution head. Also, I like the real estate for jacks etc.

Based on you comments I'll find a different home for the O2 distribution heads.

Lastly, my airplane builder fluid looks equally dark but generally says Guinness and comes in a can.

Cheers

Les

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=479202#479202

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: