Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Condition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kelly McMullen

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: First Condition Reply with quote

1. It is a condition inspection, not conditional.
2. Your operating limitations will tell you exactly what to do and what language to use on the sign off.
3. You can use whatever checklist pleases you as long as it contains at least the scope and detail of 14 CFR 43 Appendix D.
4. Your sign off will contain the these or similar words " I find this aircraft to be in a condition for safe operation." That is why it is a condition inspection.
I ass-ume you have obtained from your local FSDO a repairman's certificate for your aircraft that permits you to sign off this inspection.
You must maintain "records" of maintenance and inspections. Whether those take the form of logbook(s) or a three ring binder or a file folder does not matter.
As Bob mentioned, there is no such thing as "airworthy" for an aircraft that does not have an approved type certificate and type certificate data sheet. Only aircraft that have a Standard Airworthiness Certificate on a white piece of paper will meet that requirement. The fact that you have a Special Airworthiness Certificate in the Experimental category with operating limitations is your clue that it will never be "airworthy".

Kelly
A&P/IA, EAA Tech Counselor

Quote:
Sent from my IBM-360 main frame

On Sat, May 26, 2018 at 3:07 PM, Vernon Franklin <vernon.franklin(at)gmail.com (vernon.franklin(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
My first year has flown by Smile I am starting my conditional this week.
I found this RV conditional check list online that looks pretty thorough, I thought I would share:

My main question for the group is in regards to logs.  What is the wording that I should use for the log entries when complete?  Specifically, for the Engine, Propeller and Aircraft logs.
Is it similar to an annual?  For example:  "I certify this XXX has been inspected in accordance with a conditional inspection, and was determined to be in an airworthy condition."

Thanks!
--
Vernon Franklin

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List

vernon.franklin(at)gmail.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject: First Condition Reply with quote

All very good information, thanks guys.  It sounds like the log entry I added before first flight.  It should just be repeated at each year's condition.
Quote:
"I certify this aircraft has been inspected in accordance with scope and detail of Appendix D to Part 43 and has been found to be in a condition for safe operation."

Yes, the Repairman's Certificate was the first thing I went out and got after completion.  I would be surprised to hear of any builder who didn't.
Thanks everyone!
Vernon

On Sat, May 26, 2018 at 9:05 PM Kelly McMullen <apilot2(at)gmail.com (apilot2(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:

1. It is a condition inspection, not conditional.
2. Your operating limitations will tell you exactly what to do and what language to use on the sign off.
3. You can use whatever checklist pleases you as long as it contains at least the scope and detail of 14 CFR 43 Appendix D.
4. Your sign off will contain the these or similar words " I find this aircraft to be in a condition for safe operation." That is why it is a condition inspection.
I ass-ume you have obtained from your local FSDO a repairman's certificate for your aircraft that permits you to sign off this inspection.
You must maintain "records" of maintenance and inspections. Whether those take the form of logbook(s) or a three ring binder or a file folder does not matter.
As Bob mentioned, there is no such thing as "airworthy" for an aircraft that does not have an approved type certificate and type certificate data sheet. Only aircraft that have a Standard Airworthiness Certificate on a white piece of paper will meet that requirement. The fact that you have a Special Airworthiness Certificate in the Experimental category with operating limitations is your clue that it will never be "airworthy".

Kelly
A&P/IA, EAA Tech Counselor

Quote:
Sent from my IBM-360 main frame

On Sat, May 26, 2018 at 3:07 PM, Vernon Franklin <vernon.franklin(at)gmail.com (vernon.franklin(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
My first year has flown by Smile I am starting my conditional this week.
I found this RV conditional check list online that looks pretty thorough, I thought I would share:

My main question for the group is in regards to logs.  What is the wording that I should use for the log entries when complete?  Specifically, for the Engine, Propeller and Aircraft logs.
Is it similar to an annual?  For example:  "I certify this XXX has been inspected in accordance with a conditional inspection, and was determined to be in an airworthy condition."

Thanks!
--
Vernon Franklin

--
Vernon Franklin

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: