Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

High Oil temps Rotax 912uls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonealjr

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: High Oil temps Rotax 912uls Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
I am a new owner of series 5 w Rotax 912uls & having oil temp issues. Even at cruise she us running 240-250 at sea level on 80 degree day. I have attached some pictures of a few quick mods I did yesterday these seemed to only lower things 5-10 degrees. Please share your experience/knowledge and solutions.

Thank you in advanced,

Jimmy

- The Matronics Kitfox-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kitfox-List

kitfox oil cooler 3 .jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.32 MB
 Viewed:  6385 Time(s)

kitfox oil cooler 3 .jpg

kitfox oil cooler 2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.6 MB

kitfox oil cooler 2.jpg

kitfox oil cooler .jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.97 MB

kitfox oil cooler .jpg

kitfox oil cooler 4 .jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.51 MB

kitfox oil cooler 4 .jpg

Go fast & always take chances / Minimize your regrets with age
Dick Maddux

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:22 am    Post subject: Re: High Oil temps Rotax 912uls Reply with quote

Jimmy
When i bought my Kitfox 4 the previous owner had a heat sink with aluminum fins wrapped around the oil tank. It made the oil too cool so I took it off. You might try to locate one. It was installed with 2 giant hose clamps. Ball park size 1 ft by 6 inches. The thing was easily mold-able around the tank.
The front of my radial style cowling is a bit larger then yours and allows more room for air flow across the cooler
My oil temp runs around 190 degrees when 90 degrees outside here in Florida.I have cockpit controllable shutters on the face of my oil cooler and water radiator to regulate the temps for summer and winter flying.
Hope this gives you some ideas.
Dick

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

jonealjr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: High Oil temps Rotax 912uls Reply with quote

Thank you. I have the large Rotax oil cooler on order.

Go fast & always take chances / Minimize your regrets with age
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kitfox-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: