Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weak air compressor?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RPA-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twvandusen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Weak air compressor? Reply with quote

My Nanchang can’t get up to 30 ATMs for takeoff. Several leaks were fixed during a recent annual but a small leak still exists. The compressor may be weak and unable to compensate for the leak. Is there a way to test the compressors performance?

- The Matronics RPA-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RPA-List
Keebler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Re: Weak air compressor? Reply with quote

Did you ever get a response. I think I may have a weak compressor as well but not sure how to check it.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Clouddog

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Weak air compressor? Reply with quote

First of all, try posting maintenance issues on the YAK list. I'm an RPA member and long time CJ owner and didnt even know this RPA list existed until now. I think everyone uses the YAK fourm for maintenance issues.

Regardless, make sure your filter is clean, and pull the banjo fitting from the compressor and clean the valve on the inside of the fitting. This gets gunked up and will not allow the air to flow. When you put the banjo fitting back on, you may need to have some new crush washers available from Doug Sapp . Look for leakes in the line from the compressor to the snot valve. Also clean the snot valve and insure the knob remains closed should have a spring on it to keep it closed. If the snot valve does not close then your air is leaking.another possibility is your over pressure relief valve your need servicing. If its acting up then pressure will vent overboard.

Again, try using the YAK list for maintenance questions in the futyre.

Clouddog

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:16 am    Post subject: Re: Weak air compressor? Reply with quote

First of all, try posting maintenance issues on the YAK list. I'm an RPA member and long time CJ owner and didnt even know this RPA list existed until now. I think everyone uses the YAK fourm for maintenance issues.

Regardless, make sure your filter is clean, and pull the banjo fitting from the compressor and clean the valve on the inside of the fitting. This gets gunked up and will not allow the air to flow. When you put the banjo fitting back on, you may need to have some new crush washers available from Doug Sapp . Look for leakes in the line from the compressor to the snot valve. Also clean the snot valve and insure the knob remains closed should have a spring on it to keep it closed. If the snot valve does not close then your air is leaking.another possibility is your over pressure relief valve your need servicing. If its acting up then pressure will vent overboard.

Again, try using the YAK list for maintenance questions in the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RPA-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: