Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SwitchBox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Avionics-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnF

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:56 am    Post subject: SwitchBox Reply with quote

I purchased a Switchbox unit to allow me to activate my plane's heater from my home so that it would be warm by the time I got to the airport.

It worked. I let it sit tuned off for two months or so, when tried to use it, not working. Sent it back to maker. When returned, still not working. Maker can test it remotely and says its all OK.

Unit can be turned on/off by cell phone or via APP on internet. Neither work.

I have an AT&T SIM card with lots of money in it
When I call the unit I get "Welcome to Verizon wireless network. Your call cannot be completed as dialed. Please hang up and try again."

Why do I get Verizon when I have an AT&T SIM card?

Maker seems to have given up trying to fix the unit, saying his checking shows it works fine....but it doesn't !!!

Any hints would be appreciated. I am in for about $400 on this thing now.

- The Matronics Avionics-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Avionics-List
JohnF

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: SwitchBox Reply with quote

After exhaustive work on the Switchbox I finally gave up. I could not get it to work via cell phone call or the internet APP.

I am going to simply discard the unit after spending about $600 on it, shipping back and forth, and SIM card money.

Too bad...the unit looks like a quality product, but the means of connecting needs a major change.

- The Matronics Avionics-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Avionics-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Avionics-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: