Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Throttle box cable sleeve retention TH04

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
graeme bird

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:49 am    Post subject: Throttle box cable sleeve retention TH04 Reply with quote

I was messing with the throttle box yesterday to ensure parallel operation of carbs. The end of one cable outer was firmly retained in the throttle box threaded feed through TH04 but one was loose (which might have been my fault). I can't recall or see if these came fixed in to the feed through or whether the spiral on the belden cable outer kind of screws into them or whether or not it needs to be fixed. I always have the carb wire locked to prevent it moving.
Does it screw in? has it broken? Should it be wire locked at the throttle box end or the cable outer fixed to something?

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List

Kit2 G-PATS - (kesterton) Mono Classic 912 warpdrive
Kit 1 G-UMPY - Mono Classic/XS 912S, Woodcomp G(@)gdbmk.co.uk
JonathanMilbank

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: Throttle box cable sleeve retention TH04 Reply with quote

It's me again, Graeme. As you indicated in your previous posting, we both have Classics and probably have the original throttle cables supplied by Europa. Without going to the airfield and back in order to look at my throttle box and refresh my memory, I seem to recall that the fittings on both ends of each cable are "welded" to the spiral of the Bowden sheath. If this is so, then I guess that you're looking at replacement of the cables.

Iain Clarke recently had throttle cable problems which he eventually managed to sort out. He discovered after purchasing the cables supplied by the factory that they have an inherent rough feeling when being operated, no matter what he did in order to route them smoothly with wide bends and maybe some lubricant if I recall correctly.

Eventually he bought cables from a different source, which are lined inside with teflon and that was the end of both roughness and difficulty of balancing the carburettors. You'll need to check the facts with him, I suggest.

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?t=16770506

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

graeme bird

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: Throttle box cable sleeve retention TH04 Reply with quote

To answer my own question, for the record, the ends are swaged so cable metal spiral is attached to the threaded section.

Kit2 G-PATS - (kesterton) Mono Classic 912 warpdrive
Kit 1 G-UMPY - Mono Classic/XS 912S, Woodcomp G(@)gdbmk.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: