Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CJ Pitot Static system

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
glipaz

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:27 pm    Post subject: CJ Pitot Static system Reply with quote

Who is a maven on the pitot static system in the CJ? On the new plane I am having interesting readings on the airspeed gauges (front and rear). I do not trust the readings except in level flight. In the climb (after take off and also in climb from level flight), the A/S quickly drops to around 40 kts. In descents it seems too low as well. I did a rudimentary test on the pitot tube with a large syringe and pumped the air up to 150 kts on the gauges. It held there pretty well and speed bled off slowly (likely from the rain weep holes?).
Thanks, Gil

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Harv

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: CJ Pitot Static system Reply with quote

Check all the flexi lines in the system for condition and security.

On our CJ most of the tubing looked very tired and we replaced it and still had a few issues and these traced back to bad flexi line connection at the pitot head itself (if you remove the grub screws from it the head can be pulled forwards out of the end of the tube and this will expose the lines which gave us issues).

There are a pair of water traps in the lines located in the stb wing but I’ve never found anything in them.

Good luck with it

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

glipaz

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: CJ Pitot Static system Reply with quote

For anyone following, I pulled the static line off the front cockpit airspeed indicator and everything starting working again but based on the "alternate" air port. Now to find what is blocking the static line before re-attaching.

AlaskaChang801

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: CJ Pitot Static system Reply with quote

glipaz wrote:
For anyone following, I pulled the static line off the front cockpit airspeed indicator and everything starting working again but based on the "alternate" air port. Now to find what is blocking the static line before re-attaching.

👍🏻👍🏻

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: