Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grand Rapids EIS 2000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willydewey

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject: Grand Rapids EIS 2000 Reply with quote

Hi Guys
I have an anomoly. My Grand Rapids EIS2000 reads 8.5 volts when the engine is running and I am in the air in the cruise. Ay the same time my supplimentary analogue voltmeter shows 13.8 volts as normal. Cannot stop the warning EIS light from flashing as a result. Any Ideas and suggestions would be much appreciated.
Best Regards and I hope all you Guys have a good Christmas and a safe and happy 2019
Very sorry about the crash in Holland. RIP and sympathies to the families
Bill

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List

davidjoyce(at)doctors.org

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:00 am    Post subject: Grand Rapids EIS 2000 Reply with quote

If it is anything like an MGL EIS that I recently had dealings with, it is probably a poor earth return from the EIS. Happy Christmas, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2018-12-17 09:54, willydewey wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: "willydewey" <willydewey(at)gmail.com (willydewey(at)gmail.com)>

Hi Guys
I have an anomoly. My Grand Rapids EIS2000 reads 8.5 volts when the engine is running and I am in the air in the cruise. Ay the same time my supplimentary analogue voltmeter shows 13.8 volts as normal. Cannot stop the warning EIS light from flashing as a result. Any Ideas and suggestions would be much appreciated.
Best Regards and I hope all you Guys have a good Christmas and a safe and happy 2019
Bill

--------
Give a wise man knowledge and he will be yet wiser

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=486339#486339
lotstore.com
.matronics.com/contribution
ttp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
ics.com
.com
.matronics.com/contribution

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Burrilla

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject: Grand Rapids EIS 2000 Reply with quote

I assume that the two instruments are measuring the voltage at the same point and that the connections to the EIS are all good.

I had a faulty reading on one sensor on mine and it turned out the pin wasn’t locked in the plug so had shaken loose.

If you determine it is a faulty unit I have one for sale I removed last year and it is functional.

Alan Burrill
G-OBJT

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On 17 Dec 2018, at 09:54, willydewey <willydewey(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Guys
Bill

--------

pjeffers(at)talktalk.net

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:39 am    Post subject: Grand Rapids EIS 2000 Reply with quote

Hi Bill,
The 13.8volt bit would seem to indicate that the battery and charging system is AOK.   I would probably concur with David and go for high resistance in the +ve sensing or earth connections on the EIS itself.   Failing that contact Grand Rapids Avionics  in the States.  They really know their stuff.
Pete
PS Have a very happy Xmas.

From: owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-europa-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of davidjoyce(at)doctors.org.uk
Sent: 17 December 2018 10:00
To: europa-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Grand Rapids EIS 2000

If it is anything like an MGL EIS that I recently had dealings with, it is probably a poor earth return from the EIS. Happy Christmas, David Joyce, GXSDJ

On 2018-12-17 09:54, willydewey wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: "willydewey" <willydewey(at)gmail.com (willydewey(at)gmail.com)> Hi GuysI have an anomoly.  My Grand Rapids EIS2000 reads 8.5 volts when the engine is running and I am in the air in the cruise. Ay the same time my supplimentary analogue voltmeter shows 13.8 volts as normal. Cannot stop the warning EIS light from flashing as a result. Any Ideas and suggestions would be much appreciated.Best Regards and I hope all you Guys have a good Christmas and a safe and happy 2019Very sorry about the crash in Holland. RIP and sympathies to the familiesBill --------Give a wise man knowledge and he will be yet wiser
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi Guys
Quote:
Hi Guys
Quote:
Hi Guys
Quote:
Hi Guys
Quote:
Hi Guys
Quote:
Hi Guys
Quote:
Hi Guys
Quote:
Hi Guys
Quote:
Hi Guys
Quote:
Hi Guys
Quote:
I have an anomoly.  My Grand Rapids EIS2000 reads 8.5 volts when the engine is running and I am in the air in the cruise. Ay the same time my supplimentary analogue voltmeter shows 13.8 volts as normal. Cannot stop the warning EIS light from flashing as a result. Any Ideas and suggestions would be much appreciated.
Quote:
I have an anomoly.  My Grand Rapids EIS2000 reads 8.5 volts when the engine is running and I am in the air in the cruise. Ay the same time my supplimentary analogue voltmeter shows 13.8 volts as normal. Cannot stop the warning EIS light from flashing as a result. Any Ideas and suggestions would be much appreciated.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Burrilla

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:02 am    Post subject: Grand Rapids EIS 2000 Reply with quote

It's worth noting that the Sensor is attached internally to the `Power input for the device, there is no separate sensor or earth, so effectively the voltage is that of the Power in to the device and putting a resistor or any other complaint in the circuit will impact he power to the device itself.

Pin 9 is the Power input and ground is on pin 13 of the connector.

I have a paper copy of the wiring diagram if that helps.

Alan Burrill
G_OBJT

Quote:
On 17 Dec 2018, at 10:28, Alan Burrill <alanb(at)dpy01.co.uk> wrote:

I assume that the two instruments are measuring the voltage at the same point and that the connections to the EIS are all good.

I had a faulty reading on one sensor on mine and it turned out the pin wasn’t locked in the plug so had shaken loose.

If you determine it is a faulty unit I have one for sale I removed last year and it is functional.

Alan Burrill
G-OBJT

Sent from my iPad

> On 17 Dec 2018, at 09:54, willydewey <willydewey(at)gmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>
> Hi Guys
> I have an anomoly. My Grand Rapids EIS2000 reads 8.5 volts when the engine is running and I am in the air in the cruise. Ay the same time my supplimentary analogue voltmeter shows 13.8 volts as normal. Cannot stop the warning EIS light from flashing as a result. Any Ideas and suggestions would be much appreciated.
> Best Regards and I hope all you Guys have a good Christmas and a safe and happy 2019
> Very sorry about the crash in Holland. RIP and sympathies to the families
> Bill
>
> --------
> Give a wise man knowledge and he will be yet wiser
>
>
>
>
> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=486339#486339
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

willydewey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:01 am    Post subject: Re: Grand Rapids EIS 2000 Reply with quote

Thanks Guys for your replies all very much appreciated.
With the Christmas and New year Holidays upon us I have not been to the airfield to carry out the suggested work but hope to do so shortly providing the Beast from the East does not arrive.
Happy New year to One and All
Bill Dewey G-IANI

willydewey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject: Re: Grand Rapids EIS 2000 Reply with quote

Burrilla wrote:

Alan Burrill
G-OBJT

Sent from my iPad

Quote:
On 17 Dec 2018, at 09:54, willydewey <willydewey> wrote:

Hi Guys
Bill

--------

HI Alan
I am still struggeling with the voltage on my GR 2000 EIS and have tried out the suggestions by the GR suppott team as well as those proposed by Pete Jeffers and David Joyce all to no avail. Its a bit uneconomical to send the unit back to GR and you mentioned that you had one hanging around that you might be willing to part with. If thats still the case how much are you asking for it as it might be a cheaper route for me. unfortunatly the builder didnt leave any slack in the connecting cables and so just to remove the EIS its necessary to remove the binacle as well as the instrument panels
best regards
Bill Dewey GIANI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: