Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

uAvionix EchoUAT Working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronko(at)att.net

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: uAvionix EchoUAT Working Reply with quote

Pulsar friends,
Weather not cooperating to fly, but the EchoUAT and SkyFx installed last weekend, works great.  On the ground, sitting between steel hangers at Aurora, Illinois airport I got ADS-B data every second.  Here is a screen snapshot using the Avare app via the EchoUAT wifi to my Samsung Tab 3.

Ronko
Sent from BlueMail

- The Matronics Pulsar-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Pulsar-List

Screenshot_2019-01-18-17-06-04.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  510.39 KB
 Viewed:  3466 Time(s)

Screenshot_2019-01-18-17-06-04.png

esalehto(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:00 am    Post subject: uAvionix EchoUAT Working Reply with quote

Hi Ron,
I can see traffic. Do you receive weather while in ground?
Esa
Pulsar XP

On Sunday, January 20, 2019, 5:55:35 PM CST, Ron Koval <ronko(at)att.net> wrote:

Pulsar friends,
Weather not cooperating to fly, but the EchoUAT and SkyFx installed last weekend, works great. On the ground, sitting between steel hangers at Aurora, Illinois airport I got ADS-B data every second. Here is a screen snapshot using the Avare app via the EchoUAT wifi to my Samsung Tab 3.

Ronko
Sent from BlueMail

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

phil(at)ishml.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject: uAvionix EchoUAT Working Reply with quote

It’s not unusual to pick up the 1090 traffic (airliners) on the ground since that may be received directly from the aircraft, but 978 traffic and weather is broadcast from the reporting station.  Unless it’s on your airfield, you’re not likely to receive those signals while on the ground.

Phil

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Esa Lehto
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 2:59 AM
To: pulsar-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Pulsar-List: uAvionix EchoUAT Working

Hi Ron,

Esa

Pulsar XP

On Sunday, January 20, 2019, 5:55:35 PM CST, Ron Koval <ronko(at)att.net> wrote:

Pulsar friends,

Weather not cooperating to fly, but the EchoUAT and SkyFx installed last weekend, works great.  On the ground, sitting between steel hangers at Aurora, Illinois airport I got ADS-B data every second.  Here is a screen snapshot using the Avare app via the EchoUAT wifi to my Samsung Tab 3.

Ronko

Sent from BlueMail

ronko(at)att.net

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject: uAvionix EchoUAT Working Reply with quote

Phil,
Great point. The EchoUAT receives both 978MHz data and 1090MHz data from aircraft equipped with 1090 output.
Interesting, I can go into a monitor mode of the received data and on the ground I was getting a continuous, about every 1 second a stream of data and nearly every data stream was about the same number of characters. Not sure if this is more characteristic of the ground transmission reception or just the way that the device is parsing data from aircraft. I would think that data from aircraft would update, just when they are pinged from 1090 radar thus thinking I would see data more random, unevenly timed.
Also watching the map, updated just about 1 second intervals, it seemed like every aircraft on the screen moved.
I did expand out the screen to try to see weather, which I had enabled to display, but I did not see a speck of weather indications, which at the time I ran the ground test, there was definitely some weather that should have shown up.
I am at a Class D airport, but don't know if ground 978MHz is implemented at KARR. Realizing the FAA's goal is to see your position on the ground, not sure how they could do this without 978MHz source at the specific airports (I'm sure that class B and C have it).
Thanks for your insights.
Best regards,
Ronko

On Monday, January 21, 2019, 5:57:07 PM CST, Phil Ishmael <phil(at)ishml.com> wrote:

It’s not unusual to pick up the 1090 traffic (airliners) on the ground since that may be received directly from the aircraft, but 978 traffic and weather is broadcast from the reporting station. Unless it’s on your airfield, you’re not likely to receive those signals while on the ground.

Phil

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Esa Lehto Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 2:59 AM To: pulsar-list(at)matronics.com Subject: Re: uAvionix EchoUAT Working

Hi Ron,

Esa

Pulsar XP

Pulsar friends,

Weather not cooperating to fly, but the EchoUAT and SkyFx installed last weekend, works great. On the ground, sitting between steel hangers at Aurora, Illinois airport I got ADS-B data every second.  Here is a screen snapshot using the Avare app via the EchoUAT wifi to my Samsung Tab 3.

Ronko

Sent from BlueMail

ronko(at)att.net

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject: uAvionix EchoUAT Working Reply with quote

Also, my screen shot I captured with the ADS-B on and receiving only after a few minutes. I understand that if I were able to receive and display weather, it takes 5-10 minutes to capture transmitted weather data FIS-B.

On Tuesday, January 22, 2019, 11:40:26 AM CST, Ronald Koval <ronko(at)att.net> wrote:

Phil,
Great point. The EchoUAT receives both 978MHz data and 1090MHz data from aircraft equipped with 1090 output.
Interesting, I can go into a monitor mode of the received data and on the ground I was getting a continuous, about every 1 second a stream of data and nearly every data stream was about the same number of characters. Not sure if this is more characteristic of the ground transmission reception or just the way that the device is parsing data from aircraft. I would think that data from aircraft would update, just when they are pinged from 1090 radar thus thinking I would see data more random, unevenly timed.
Also watching the map, updated just about 1 second intervals, it seemed like every aircraft on the screen moved.
I did expand out the screen to try to see weather, which I had enabled to display, but I did not see a speck of weather indications, which at the time I ran the ground test, there was definitely some weather that should have shown up.
I am at a Class D airport, but don't know if ground 978MHz is implemented at KARR. Realizing the FAA's goal is to see your position on the ground, not sure how they could do this without 978MHz source at the specific airports (I'm sure that class B and C have it).
Thanks for your insights.
Best regards,
Ronko

On Monday, January 21, 2019, 5:57:07 PM CST, Phil Ishmael <phil(at)ishml.com> wrote:

It’s not unusual to pick up the 1090 traffic (airliners) on the ground since that may be received directly from the aircraft, but 978 traffic and weather is broadcast from the reporting station. Unless it’s on your airfield, you’re not likely to receive those signals while on the ground.

Phil

From: owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-pulsar-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Esa Lehto Sent: Monday, January 21, 2019 2:59 AM To: pulsar-list(at)matronics.com Subject: Re: uAvionix EchoUAT Working

Hi Ron,

Esa

Pulsar XP

Pulsar friends,

Weather not cooperating to fly, but the EchoUAT and SkyFx installed last weekend, works great. On the ground, sitting between steel hangers at Aurora, Illinois airport I got ADS-B data every second.  Here is a screen snapshot using the Avare app via the EchoUAT wifi to my Samsung Tab 3.

Ronko

Sent from BlueMail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Pulsar-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: