Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
BBS Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists
 
 Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flying by angle of attack.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
motoadve



Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 85
Location: Seattle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject: Flying by angle of attack. Reply with quote

Any of you have AoA indicators?
Been flying with an angle of attack indicator in my Cessna 182 for 1500 hrs, love it!

Recently bought a Nanchang CJ 6, first mod I added was an AoA .

Highly recommended, its a safety improvement and no guessing the numbers anymore , Vso, Vx, Vy,Vg , It compensates for weight and temperature, no more floating or sinking, land at the right speed.

https://youtu.be/mST0M0QBNPI


- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

_________________
www.Backcountry182.com
Cessna 182 P
CJ -6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Dawg



Joined: 19 May 2013
Posts: 349

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Flying by angle of attack. Reply with quote

What AOA system r u using?

Quote:
On Feb 6, 2019, at 6:46 PM, motoadve <motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr> wrote:



Any of you have AoA indicators?
Been flying with an angle of attack indicator in my Cessna 182 for 1500 hrs, love it!

Recently bought a Nanchang CJ 6, first mod I added was an AoA .

Highly recommended, its a safety improvement and no guessing the numbers anymore , Vso, Vx, Vy,Vg , It compensates for weight and temperature, no more floating or sinking, land at the right speed.

https://youtu.be/mST0M0QBNPI

--------
www.Backcountry182.com
Cessna 182 P
CJ -6




Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=487465#487465











- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

_________________
Dawg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
motoadve



Joined: 23 Apr 2009
Posts: 85
Location: Seattle

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Flying by angle of attack. Reply with quote

Alpha Systems

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

_________________
www.Backcountry182.com
Cessna 182 P
CJ -6
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
hill(at)doctor-hill.com
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject: Flying by angle of attack. Reply with quote

Since 2012, I’ve had the Alpha Systems AOA in my CJ mounted directly above the airspeed indicator. Would not fly without it. For this who have knowledgeably flown with an AOA indicator, this needs no explanation. Attached is a picture.
Warren Hill
N464TW
Mesa, AZ
[img]cid:DC655A05-07B8-4035-A1DB-4419C0F23732(at)guest-wireless.disney.com[/img]
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2019, at 7:46 PM, motoadve <motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr (motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr)> wrote:
--> Yak-List message posted by: "motoadve" <motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr (motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr)>Any of you have AoA indicators?Been flying with an angle of attack indicator in my Cessna 182 for 1500 hrs, love it!Recently bought a Nanchang CJ 6, first mod I added was an AoA .Highly recommended, its a safety improvement and no guessing the numbers anymore , Vso, Vx, Vy,Vg , It compensates for weight and temperature, no more floating or sinking, land at the right speed.https://youtu.be/mST0M0QBNPI--------www.Backcountry182.comCessna 182 PCJ -6Read this topic online here:http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=487465#487465



- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List



IMG_6891.jpeg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.31 MB
 Viewed:  595 Time(s)

IMG_6891.jpeg


Back to top
Dawg



Joined: 19 May 2013
Posts: 349

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject: Flying by angle of attack. Reply with quote

You are welcome. I owned the patent for 17 years.

Quote:
On Feb 6, 2019, at 7:27 PM, motoadve <motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr> wrote:



Alpha Systems

--------
www.Backcountry182.com
Cessna 182 P
CJ -6




Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=487467#487467











- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

_________________
Dawg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jonboede(at)hotmail.com
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:49 pm    Post subject: Flying by angle of attack. Reply with quote

If I have a tragic accident — where I lose all feeling in my butt — an AoA for the CJ would be the first thing I’ll get.

Quote:
On Feb 6, 2019, at 6:53 PM, motoadve <motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr> wrote:



Any of you have AoA indicators?
Been flying with an angle of attack indicator in my Cessna 182 for 1500 hrs, love it!

Recently bought a Nanchang CJ 6, first mod I added was an AoA .

Highly recommended, its a safety improvement and no guessing the numbers anymore , Vso, Vx, Vy,Vg , It compensates for weight and temperature, no more floating or sinking, land at the right speed.

https://youtu.be/mST0M0QBNPI

--------
www.Backcountry182.com
Cessna 182 P
CJ -6




Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=487465#487465











- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Back to top
Dawg



Joined: 19 May 2013
Posts: 349

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject: Flying by angle of attack. Reply with quote

Famous last words. I’ve stalled at over 200 kts. Feeling in my butt was heavy.

Quote:
On Feb 6, 2019, at 7:48 PM, Jon Boede <jonboede(at)hotmail.com> wrote:



If I have a tragic accident — where I lose all feeling in my butt — an AoA for the CJ would be the first thing I’ll get.

> On Feb 6, 2019, at 6:53 PM, motoadve <motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr> wrote:
>
>
>
> Any of you have AoA indicators?
> Been flying with an angle of attack indicator in my Cessna 182 for 1500 hrs, love it!
>
> Recently bought a Nanchang CJ 6, first mod I added was an AoA .
>
> Highly recommended, its a safety improvement and no guessing the numbers anymore , Vso, Vx, Vy,Vg , It compensates for weight and temperature, no more floating or sinking, land at the right speed.
>
> https://youtu.be/mST0M0QBNPI
>
> --------
> www.Backcountry182.com
> Cessna 182 P
> CJ -6
>
>
>
>
> Read this topic online here:
>
> http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=487465#487465
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>






- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List

_________________
Dawg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dsavarese0812(at)bellsout
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:50 am    Post subject: Flying by angle of attack. Reply with quote

Speaking of AOA's, if you haven't looked at the Aerovonics AV20-S instrument, you may want to.

https://aerovonics.com/av-20-1. Not only is it an AOA, but also a G meter, artificial horizon, True Airspeed, Volt meter, OAT (requires optional, external probe) and timers. If you go to the downloads page, there is a simulator which you can place on your screen and go through all the pages of the instrument. $800. Just installed one in my a/c. All I can say is, very impressive.
Dennis


On Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 7:50:03 PM EST, motoadve <motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr> wrote:




--> Yak-List message posted by: "motoadve" <motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr (motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr)>

Any of you have AoA indicators?

Been flying with an angle of attack indicator in my Cessna 182 for 1500 hrs, love it!

Recently bought a Nanchang CJ 6, first mod I added was an AoA .

Highly recommended, its a safety improvement and no guessing the numbers anymore , Vso, Vx, Vy,Vg , It compensates for weight and temperature, no more floating or sinking, land at the right speed.

https://youtu.be/mST0M0QBNPI

--------

www.Backcountry182.com

Cessna 182 P

CJ -6

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=487465#487465

http://www.matronics.com/p; - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -
<; --> http:// -Matt Dralle, List Admin.

="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution


- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Back to top
hill(at)doctor-hill.com
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:03 am    Post subject: Flying by angle of attack. Reply with quote

Dennis,
I also felt the need for some additional information. Along with the AOA I added a Dynon Pocket Panel. Your approach sounds more cost effective. Here is an image.

Warren
[img]cid:B2FBA522-B562-4D3E-BEA7-826B5B47901D(at)guest-wireless.disney.com[/img]
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2019, at 7:49 AM, A. Dennis Savarese <dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net (dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net)> wrote:

Speaking of AOA's, if you haven't looked at the Aerovonics AV20-S instrument, you may want to.
https://aerovonics.com/av-20-1. Not only is it an AOA, but also a G meter, artificial horizon, True Airspeed, Volt meter, OAT (requires optional, external probe) and timers. If you go to the downloads page, there is a simulator which you can place on your screen and go through all the pages of the instrument. $800. Just installed one in my a/c. All I can say is, very impressive.
Dennis


On Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 7:50:03 PM EST, motoadve <motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr (motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr)> wrote:


--> Yak-List message posted by: "motoadve" <motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr (motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr)>

Any of you have AoA indicators?
Been flying with an angle of attack indicator in my Cessna 182 for 1500 hrs, love it!

Recently bought a Nanchang CJ 6, first mod I added was an AoA .

Highly recommended, its a safety improvement and no guessing the numbers anymore , Vso, Vx, Vy,Vg , It compensates for weight and temperature, no more floating or sinking, land at the right speed.

https://youtu.be/mST0M0QBNPI

--------
www.Backcountry182.com
Cessna 182 P
CJ -6


Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=487465#487465

http://www.matronics.com/p; - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -<; --> [/url]
[url=http://forums.matronics.com/]http:// -Matt Dralle, List Admin.

="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution






- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List



AOA.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  208.23 KB
 Viewed:  579 Time(s)

AOA.jpg


Back to top
dsavarese0812(at)bellsout
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject: Flying by angle of attack. Reply with quote

Nice configuration.
Dennis

On Thursday, February 7, 2019, 9:07:11 AM EST, Warren Hill <hill(at)doctor-hill.com> wrote:




Dennis,
I also felt the need for some additional information. Along with the AOA I added a Dynon Pocket Panel. Your approach sounds more cost effective. Here is an image.

Warren
[img]cid:eR8IBAYTdLpWLJZ3Qd81[/img]
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2019, at 7:49 AM, A. Dennis Savarese <dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net (dsavarese0812(at)bellsouth.net)> wrote:

Speaking of AOA's, if you haven't looked at the Aerovonics AV20-S instrument, you may want to.
https://aerovonics.com/av-20-1. Not only is it an AOA, but also a G meter, artificial horizon, True Airspeed, Volt meter, OAT (requires optional, external probe) and timers. If you go to the downloads page, there is a simulator which you can place on your screen and go through all the pages of the instrument. $800. Just installed one in my a/c. All I can say is, very impressive.
Dennis


On Wednesday, February 6, 2019, 7:50:03 PM EST, motoadve <motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr (motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr)> wrote:


--> Yak-List message posted by: "motoadve" <motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr (motoadve(at)racsa.co.cr)>

Any of you have AoA indicators?
Been flying with an angle of attack indicator in my Cessna 182 for 1500 hrs, love it!

Recently bought a Nanchang CJ 6, first mod I added was an AoA .

Highly recommended, its a safety improvement and no guessing the numbers anymore , Vso, Vx, Vy,Vg , It compensates for weight and temperature, no more floating or sinking, land at the right speed.

https://youtu.be/mST0M0QBNPI

--------
www.Backcountry182.com
Cessna 182 P
CJ -6


Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=487465#487465

http://www.matronics.com/p; - MATRONICS WEB FORUMS -<; --> [/url]
[url=http://forums.matronics.com/]http:// -Matt Dralle, List Admin.

="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.matronics.com/contribution






- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List



AOA.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  208.23 KB
 Viewed:  577 Time(s)

AOA.jpg


Back to top
colin.macd(at)yahoo.com
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject: Flying by angle of attack. Reply with quote

Colin A. Macdonald

On Feb 6, 2019, at 6:09 PM, l129bs(at)gmail.com wrote:


- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Back to top
Ttail



Joined: 24 Jun 2013
Posts: 77

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Flying by angle of attack. Reply with quote

Dawg wrote:
Famous last words. I’ve stalled at over 200 kts. Feeling in my butt was heavy.




[/quote]

Hopefully not in a CJ Dawg Smile


- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -
 

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group