Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lcottrell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: new video Reply with quote

https://vimeo.com/349345840     password    owyheeflyer
Mike is getting more comfortable in his plane, so we expanded our flight range a bit. We flew for 2 hours 22 minutes and we both - my HKS running at full cruise, Mikes 80 hp rotax loafing along, burned 3.2 gph.
Larry
--
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject: new video Reply with quote

Enjoyed both of your videos, Larry. It pretty out there this year. Nicely produced as usual.George Helton
Firestar, Hirth 2702
Mesick, Michigan
gdhelton(at)gmail.com (gdhelton(at)gmail.com)

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 21, 2019, at 9:08 PM, Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
https://vimeo.com/349345840 password owyheeflyer
Mike is getting more comfortable in his plane, so we expanded our flight range a bit. We flew for 2 hours 22 minutes and we both - my HKS running at full cruise, Mikes 80 hp rotax loafing along, burned 3.2 gph.
Larry
--

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email address before sending.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

lcottrell

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject: new video Reply with quote

Thank you George, and Ki. I was beginning to think that I was the only one on the list that was conscious and awake. Smile You guys need to do some flying!
Larry
On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 8:55 AM George Helton <gdhelton(at)gmail.com (gdhelton(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Enjoyed both of your videos, Larry. It pretty out there this year. Nicely produced as usual.George Helton 
Firestar, Hirth 2702
Mesick, Michigan 

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 21, 2019, at 9:08 PM, Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Larry
--

--

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 3:58 pm    Post subject: new video Reply with quote

It’s been kind of a rough season for flying up here in Michigan. Rain, winds and nasty weather in general. I’ve gotten in maybe 7 hrs. so far. Mostly long cross countries.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 22, 2019, at 12:12 PM, Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Thank you George, and Ki. I was beginning to think that I was the only one on the list that was conscious and awake. Smile You guys need to do some flying!
Larry
On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 8:55 AM George Helton <gdhelton(at)gmail.com (gdhelton(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
Firestar, Hirth 2702
Mesick, Michigan

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
https://vimeo.com/349345840 password owyheeflyer
Larry
--

--

lcottrell

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject: new video Reply with quote

Its been much the same here, this is the most that I have flown this year. Sigh! Hang in there, gotta get better. 
Larry
On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 6:00 PM George Helton <gdhelton(at)gmail.com (gdhelton(at)gmail.com)> wrote:

Quote:
It’s been kind of a rough season for flying up here in Michigan. Rain, winds and nasty weather in general. I’ve gotten in maybe 7 hrs. so far. Mostly long cross countries.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 22, 2019, at 12:12 PM, Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com (lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Larry

Quote:
Firestar, Hirth 2702
Mesick, Michigan 

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:
Larry
--

--

--

jhauck36(at)outlook.com

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: new video Reply with quote

My 80 horse 912 burned 4 gph at 5,000 rpm and 80 to 85 mph depending on how it was loaded.  Ran on 87 octane car gas.  Plugs changed every 200 hours.  My 100 horse 912 burned 5 gph at 5,000 rpm and 80 to 85 mph depending on how it was loaded.  Require at least 91 octane fuel.  Plugs changed every 100 hours.

Hard to beat the 80 horse 912.  I feel it is the best all around engine for a MKIII.  Yes, the 100 horse was an ass kicker and a bit more fun to horse around with.  Also had that extra bit of power to get the job done when really heavy and at higher altitudes.

I’m about 5,200 miles into the Great Loop now.  Weathered in at St Joseph, MI.  Tried to find Rick Nielsen’s phone number, but still digging.  He has a lake house around here somewhere.  Another 1,200 or so miles back to Demopolis, AL, where I started cruise 15 April 2019.  60 miles of open water to cross to Chicago, then back into the river system and home.  Hope you all will not get to riled about me adding this little note to my Kolb List contribution.

John H
mkIII
St Joe, MI

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Larry Cottrell
Sent: Monday, July 22, 2019 8:04 PM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Kolb-List: new video

Its been much the same here, this is the most that I have flown this year. Sigh! Hang in there, gotta get better. 

Larry

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 6:00 PM George Helton <gdhelton(at)gmail.com (gdhelton(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

Larry

Quote:

Enjoyed both of your videos, Larry. It pretty out there this year. Nicely produced as usual.
George Helton 

Firestar, Hirth 2702

Mesick, Michigan 

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

Larry

--

--

--

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:48 am    Post subject: new video Reply with quote

Hello John! It sounds like you’ve already passed me.I’m in Mesick which is probably only 40 miles east of Ludington. 50 or so miles from Manistee. Do you need Rick Nielsen’s phone number?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 22, 2019, at 8:36 PM, John Hauck <jhauck36(at)outlook.com (jhauck36(at)outlook.com)> wrote:
Quote:
<![endif]--> <![endif]-->
My 80 horse 912 burned 4 gph at 5,000 rpm and 80 to 85 mph depending on how it was loaded. Ran on 87 octane car gas. Plugs changed every 200 hours. My 100 horse 912 burned 5 gph at 5,000 rpm and 80 to 85 mph depending on how it was loaded. Require at least 91 octane fuel. Plugs changed every 100 hours.

Hard to beat the 80 horse 912. I feel it is the best all around engine for a MKIII. Yes, the 100 horse was an ass kicker and a bit more fun to horse around with. Also had that extra bit of power to get the job done when really heavy and at higher altitudes.

I’m about 5,200 miles into the Great Loop now. Weathered in at St Joseph, MI. Tried to find Rick Nielsen’s phone number, but still digging. He has a lake house around here somewhere. Another 1,200 or so miles back to Demopolis, AL, where I started cruise 15 April 2019. 60 miles of open water to cross to Chicago, then back into the river system and home. Hope you all will not get to riled about me adding this little note to my Kolb List contribution.

John H
mkIII
St Joe, MI

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Larry Cottrell
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com (kolb-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: new video

Larry

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

Larry

Quote:

Enjoyed both of your videos, Larry. It pretty out there this year. Nicely produced as usual.
George Helton

Firestar, Hirth 2702

Mesick, Michigan

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

https://vimeo.com/349345840   password owyheeflyer

Larry

--

--

--

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:50 am    Post subject: new video Reply with quote

Rick’s cellphone is 1 (941) 586-8268

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 22, 2019, at 8:36 PM, John Hauck <jhauck36(at)outlook.com (jhauck36(at)outlook.com)> wrote:
Quote:
My 80 horse 912 burned 4 gph at 5,000 rpm and 80 to 85 mph depending on how it was loaded. Ran on 87 octane car gas. Plugs changed every 200 hours. My 100 horse 912 burned 5 gph at 5,000 rpm and 80 to 85 mph depending on how it was loaded. Require at least 91 octane fuel. Plugs changed every 100 hours.

Hard to beat the 80 horse 912. I feel it is the best all around engine for a MKIII. Yes, the 100 horse was an ass kicker and a bit more fun to horse around with. Also had that extra bit of power to get the job done when really heavy and at higher altitudes.

I’m about 5,200 miles into the Great Loop now. Weathered in at St Joseph, MI. Tried to find Rick Nielsen’s phone number, but still digging. He has a lake house around here somewhere. Another 1,200 or so miles back to Demopolis, AL, where I started cruise 15 April 2019. 60 miles of open water to cross to Chicago, then back into the river system and home. Hope you all will not get to riled about me adding this little note to my Kolb List contribution.

John H
mkIII
St Joe, MI

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com) [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com (owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com)] On Behalf Of Larry Cottrell

Larry

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

Larry

Quote:

George Helton

Firestar, Hirth 2702

Mesick, Michigan

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

Larry

--

--

--

jhauck36(at)outlook.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:31 am    Post subject: new video Reply with quote

Dog gone it.  I was in Ludington 4 days waiting weather.  Second day at St Joe.  May get out of here today, for sure tomorrow.  Well, maybe tomorrow.  Nothing is for sure on Lake Michigan.

Thanks for the come and Rick’s phone number.

john

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of George Helton
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:48 AM

Hello John! It sounds like you’ve already passed me.
I’m in Mesick which is probably only 40 miles east of Ludington. 50 or so miles from Manistee. Do you need Rick Nielsen’s phone number?
Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

My 80 horse 912 burned 4 gph at 5,000 rpm and 80 to 85 mph depending on how it was loaded.  Ran on 87 octane car gas.  Plugs changed every 200 hours.  My 100 horse 912 burned 5 gph at 5,000 rpm and 80 to 85 mph depending on how it was loaded.  Require at least 91 octane fuel.  Plugs changed every 100 hours.

Hard to beat the 80 horse 912.  I feel it is the best all around engine for a MKIII.  Yes, the 100 horse was an ass kicker and a bit more fun to horse around with.  Also had that extra bit of power to get the job done when really heavy and at higher altitudes.

I’m about 5,200 miles into the Great Loop now.  Weathered in at St Joseph, MI.  Tried to find Rick Nielsen’s phone number, but still digging.  He has a lake house around here somewhere.  Another 1,200 or so miles back to Demopolis, AL, where I started cruise 15 April 2019.  60 miles of open water to cross to Chicago, then back into the river system and home.  Hope you all will not get to riled about me adding this little note to my Kolb List contribution.

John H
mkIII
St Joe, MI

Larry

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

Larry

Quote:

George Helton 

Firestar, Hirth 2702

Mesick, Michigan 

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

Larry

--

--

--

jhauck36(at)outlook.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:55 am    Post subject: new video Reply with quote

Sorry about that folks.  Thought I was going back copy to George H.

My bad.  ;-(

John h
mkIII
St Joe, MI

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of John Hauck
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 8:31 AM
Subject: RE: Kolb-List: new video

Dog gone it.  I was in Ludington 4 days waiting weather.  Second day at St Joe.  May get out of here today, for sure tomorrow.  Well, maybe tomorrow.  Nothing is for sure on Lake Michigan.

Thanks for the come and Rick’s phone number.

john

From: owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-kolb-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of George Helton
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:48 AM

Hello John! It sounds like you’ve already passed me.
I’m in Mesick which is probably only 40 miles east of Ludington. 50 or so miles from Manistee. Do you need Rick Nielsen’s phone number?
Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

John H
mkIII
St Joe, MI

Larry

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

Larry

Quote:

George Helton 

Firestar, Hirth 2702

Mesick, Michigan 

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

Larry

--

--

--

gdhelton(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject: new video Reply with quote

Darn it! I would have been glad to pick you up. You could have hung out up here in the land of misfit toys. Yes , the Great Lakes can be very unpredictable. Just like flying, always error on the safe side. Did you get ahold of Rick?

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

John H
mkIII
St Joe, MI

Larry

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

Larry

Quote:

George Helton

Firestar, Hirth 2702

Mesick, Michigan

Sent from my iPhone

Quote:

Larry

--

--

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: