Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fwd: Re: Z14 with SDS EM5 ENG BUS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Foghorn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:49 pm    Post subject: Fwd: Re: Z14 with SDS EM5 ENG BUS Reply with quote

Not sure this went through. I had some account issues but Matt has be back on line.

Jeff Parker

Sent from my iPad

Begin forwarded message:
Quote:
Date: November 11, 2020 at 22:20:04 EST
To: aeroelectric-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Re: Z14 with SDS EM5 ENG BUS
I’ll attach my schematic below. I have a VP-X, 2xGRT sport EX and EIS. My goal is simple and robust.
I actually have more of a 101 than Z14 since I only have one battery. The Aux ALT (B&C 410) B-lead is run through a hall effect sensor to the GRT EIS. I didn’t want to wire up a shunt so I’m only using it for Aux Alt Amps reading (hence the “check Aux Alt Amps” on the checklist). The Aux Alt regulator is set at 13.9 volts. The primary ALT is connected through the VP-X and will show volts and amps. It’s a plane power so we’ll see how it works out. I’ve heard good and bad things about them. If/when it fails I’m going to get an externally regulated B&C.
Should I run both B-leads through the hall effect sensor? Should I add the shunt and get the aux alt volts? Keep in mind that I’ve only powered up the complete system once (no smoke) so I haven’t done all the settings for the GRT sport and EIS.

I’ve had John Bright look this over many times and he’s very critical. You should have seen my first attempt! Thanks John.

I’m looking forward to the feed back from the broader audience.

Quote:

Jeff Parker

Quote:
On 11Nov, 2020, at 19:41, Charlie England <ceengland7(at)gmail.com (ceengland7(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Looks pretty good to me. I wish I had one to offer, but I'm far enough from flying that I have not yet created an actual checklist. I did give operations a lot of thought while laying out the architecture, though, and I suspect that I'll end up with something very similar to Jeff's. Jeff, the one thing I noticed was: "Aux ALT ON Check Bus amps" Mine will almost certainly say 'check bus volts', because the low volts warning will instantly show up, and seems an easy method of detecting alternator operation, to me. Perhaps my decision to use a 'traditional' SLA battery influences this, since an inactive alternator will show up as a quite obvious voltage drop. I don't know if the lithium tech batteries will have as obvious a voltage drop without the alternator(s) on line. FWIW, Charlie On 11/11/2020 4:40 PM, Foghorn Inc wrote:
Quote:
Here is what I have for my RV8 project.

Fire away!

Jeff Parker

Quote:
On 11Nov, 2020, at 10:24, Robert L. Nuckolls, III <nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelectric.com (nuckolls.bob(at)aeroelectric.com)> wrote:
Jeff and Charlie, Why don't you guys work up a preflight checklist for a full-up Z101 and publish it here. After due opportunity for critical review, I'll add it to the Z101 notes
Bob . . . Un impeachable logic: George Carlin asked, "If black boxes survive crashes, why don't they make the whole airplane out of that stuff?"

Virus-free. www.avast.com [url=x-msg://16/#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2] [/url]

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List

SINGLE_FWD_BATT_SDS_Rev8.pdf
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  SINGLE_FWD_BATT_SDS_Rev8.pdf
 Filesize:  495.14 KB
 Downloaded:  162 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: