Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rubber Seal on CJ6 Pressure Relief Valve

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strodude(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:08 am    Post subject: Rubber Seal on CJ6 Pressure Relief Valve Reply with quote

Hello everyone.  I have a bad rubber seal on my CJ6 pressure relief valve (PRV).  Since the replacement parts situation is at a standstill for the time being, I'm wondering if anyone out there has used something other than an original chinese stock part successfully to replace the PRV rubber pad.  At first, I thought it was similar to the pad used in the Chinese check valves but it isn't.  It has an additional, smaller diameter disk on the underside that "plugs in" to the brass piston.  In fact, mine looks like someone may have hand-made it from vulcanizing rubber which worked until it finally gave up the ghost after 10+ years.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Darrin

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
strodude(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: Rubber Seal on CJ6 Pressure Relief Valve Reply with quote

Hi Walt.

Thanks for the reply.
I suspected as much regarding the homemade seal on mine. I've not seen a new one and the parts manual is not especially clear. Same with the overhaul manual.
I may just take you up on the offer. Please let me know the details directly at strodudeATgmailDOTcom.
Many thanks!
D
On Mon, Sep 27, 2021, 1:10 PM W LANNON <wlannon(at)shaw.ca (wlannon(at)shaw.ca)> wrote:

Quote:
Hi Darrin;
Sounds like you have a home modified PRV plunger.  There is only one "rubber" pad.  That is the one you describe as a "smaller dia disc that plugs into the piston"
I understand the parts supply situation is close to being resolved.  If that is not the case you could send me your plunger and I will install a new 1/16" FKM Viton disc in it.
Walt

From: "strodude" <strodude(at)gmail.com (strodude(at)gmail.com)>
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com (yak-list(at)matronics.com)
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2021 7:07:52 AM
Subject: Rubber Seal on CJ6 Pressure Relief Valve

Hello everyone.  I have a bad rubber seal on my CJ6 pressure relief valve (PRV).  Since the replacement parts situation is at a standstill for the time being, I'm wondering if anyone out there has used something other than an original chinese stock part successfully to replace the PRV rubber pad.  At first, I thought it was similar to the pad used in the Chinese check valves but it isn't.  It has an additional, smaller diameter disk on the underside that "plugs in" to the brass piston.  In fact, mine looks like someone may have hand-made it from vulcanizing rubber which worked until it finally gave up the ghost after 10+ years.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Darrin

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: