Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CJ6A Huosai Replacement Blades

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clouddog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:32 am    Post subject: CJ6A Huosai Replacement Blades Reply with quote

Several years ago GT Propellers out of Italy were touting the development  of a new propeller blade that was a direct replacement  for the existing  Chinese metal blades. 

Does anyone know if this has come to fruition, has any experience with the company or if there is another company making replacement  blades? I have gone to GT's website and have tried to reach out to them but have not received a response. 
Of course, any thoughts on this subject would be appreciated.
Greg "Clouddog " Wrobel 

- The Matronics Yak-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Yak-List
gulfstreamdriver(at)comca

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject: CJ6A Huosai Replacement Blades Reply with quote

I understand the blads will be available in a few weeks from Jill at M14P.

Grant "Cowboy" Carrick

Quote:
On 11/18/2021 9:32 AM Greg Wrobel <clouddog22(at)gmail.com> wrote:

Several years ago GT Propellers out of Italy were touting the development of a new propeller blade that was a direct replacement for the existing Chinese metal blades.

Does anyone know if this has come to fruition, has any experience with the company or if there is another company making replacement blades? I have gone to GT's website and have tried to reach out to them but have not received a response.

Greg "Clouddog " Wrobel

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

richard.goode(at)russiana

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject: CJ6A Huosai Replacement Blades Reply with quote

I will contact Alex at GT and let you know what he says.

In addition we have asked MT to make a new hub, based on the MTV-9 -blade threepropeller to suit the Housai and this is currently being designed, and clearly will be useful for our higher-powered versions of the Housai. Sadly, it won't be cheap!

Richard

RICHARD GOODE AEROBATICS
Rhodds Farm, Lyonshall, Hereford, HR5 3LW, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1544 340120 Fax: +44 (0)1544 340129
e-mail: richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com (richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com)
www.russianaeros.com
WORLD LEADERS IN RUSSIAN SPORTING AIRCRAFT & ENGINES
In partnership with Aerometal Kft, Hungary.

From: owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com <owner-yak-list-server(at)matronics.com> On Behalf Of Greg Wrobel
Sent: 18 November 2021 14:32
To: yak-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: CJ6A Huosai Replacement Blades

Several years ago GT Propellers out of Italy were touting the development of a new propeller blade that was a direct replacement for the existing Chinese metal blades.

Does anyone know if this has come to fruition, has any experience with the company or if there is another company making replacement blades? I have gone to GT's website and have tried to reach out to them but have not received a response.

Greg "Clouddog " Wrobel

ALEXGTPROPELLERS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:06 am    Post subject: Re: CJ6A Huosai Replacement Blades Reply with quote

GT/CJ natural blades are ready and work perfectly on the 2 blade hub ! A sample is flying in TX on stock 285 HP Housai.The installation was done by Jill.
For bigger power, 300/330 HP upgraded, Housai engines, we got 3 different options.

1- Different blades model wider in cord for the stock 2 blade chinese hub.

2- GT natural blades compatible with the 3 bladed chinese hub .

3 - Our existing M14/ GT 3 bladed hub modified for the spline installation.We are working on this now.Please note that our 3 bladed hub for M14 and Housai engines has the capability to replace blades on wings so a lot of blades can be tested on field.Transport fees are drastically reduced compared big triangle of the standard prop freights.
Safety of the transport is higher.

For additional details please feel free to reach me via email.
info(at)gt-propellers.com

K regards
Alex Tonini

https://www.facebook.com/yakpropellerexpert

https://www.facebook.com/GtProp

https://www.instagram.com/gtpropellers/

220912772_1889214737913728_4439815251507811579_n.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  120.4 KB
 Viewed:  4962 Time(s)

220912772_1889214737913728_4439815251507811579_n.jpg

jacques

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:01 am    Post subject: Re: CJ6A Huosai Replacement Blades Reply with quote

Case closed.

Last edited by jacques on Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:11 am    Post subject: CJ6A Huosai Replacement Blades Reply with quote

I felt it might be useful for me to respond to the email of Jacques since our business is supplying these developed Housai engines of 370+ horsepower, and clearly we were interested in obtaining a more efficient propeller that could usefully transmit this additional power. We are main agents for MT, and my first thought was to contact them since I knew they would make a perfect propeller, albeit potentially expensive. From their side they would have to design a completely new hub to be able to mate with the splined propeller shaft rather than the "flat plate" of the M 14 family of engines. Because of this need to design the new hub the propellers are going to cost Euro 18,250 and on the basis that we ordered a minimum of five of them!

So through Nanchang owners in the US, we approached Whirlwind propellers, but they said that there were too busy to take on a new project, and so a couple of our Housai customers went to GT propellers in Italy, and some of this information was passed back to me, but of course our real interest and motivation was in terms of supplying the engines.

Since we had supplied an engine to Jacques, I was also aware of the problems that he had had with the trailing edge of the propeller fouling the air intake "gills" on his aircraft. Then Bill Mills, another customer of ours for a new engine, will be getting his new engine before too long and was chasing GT about his propeller delivery, and since I know the people at GT I thought it worth giving them a call this week. It transpired that Alex, the main person, has been quite seriously ill and in hospital, although I understand he is now recovering at home and should be back at work on Monday. However his assistant to whom I spoke said that the work that they had done on the propeller Jacques was purely to get him flying and that they would make a totally new propeller at a later stage. Certainly the "repair" that they had done on his original prop, cutting away the trailing edge looked extremely ugly to my eyes, but, if it were only a temporary measure to keep Jacques flying, then I suppose acceptable and indeed if a perfect prop would come later.

In the meantime, I kept thinking about this whole issue of these better propellers, and of course I'm very much biased towards MT despite the cost. GT were very significantly cheaper, but on the basis that they were making new blades to put into the original Housai Hub. I asked MT why they could not do the same and charge dramatically less. Their answer was quite simple – product liability. They were concerned that if there were an accident relating to any part of the propeller – and indeed possibly the hub itself which was nothing to do with them, it would be seen as "an MT propeller" and they would be seen to be responsible. For this reason they have a specific policy whereby they will only sell a complete propeller.

Clearly the dispute between Jacques and GT is between them, but I thought it might be useful to have some further input, and particularly why I could not persuade MT to make a cheaper prop. But I am going to have discussions with MT at the beginning of next week, and I'm reasonably confident that I can get a price reduction from them, but it would be definitely on the basis of needing five orders for MT 3 blade propellers to fit our up-rated engines that we are producing.

Hope this helps to explain some of the background to these issues.

RICHARD GOODE AEROBATICS
e-mail: richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com
www.russianaeros.com
WORLD LEADERS IN SOVIET & CHINESE RADIAL AIRCRAFT ENGINES

--

jacques

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: CJ6A Huosai Replacement Blades Reply with quote

Case closed

Last edited by jacques on Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:47 am    Post subject: CJ6A Huosai Replacement Blades Reply with quote

Yes, I'm not trying to defend Alex or GT propellers. I only wish I could get an affordable three blade propeller from MT for the Housai engine!

RICHARD GOODE AEROBATICS
e-mail: richard.goode(at)russianaeros.com
www.russianaeros.com
WORLD LEADERS IN SOVIET & CHINESE RADIAL AIRCRAFT ENGINES

--

jacques

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: CJ6A Huosai Replacement Blades Reply with quote

Case closed

Last edited by jacques on Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
jacques

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: CJ6A Huosai Replacement Blades Reply with quote

Case closed

Last edited by jacques on Fri Mar 17, 2023 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Yak-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: