Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

a good landing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fred Klein

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 3:11 pm    Post subject: a good landing Reply with quote

Gents…

Like all of you, I’m familiar with the phrase, “a good landing is any landing which you can walk away from”.

I’ve just been introduced to a follow on…i.e.,…”a really great landing is one in which you can use the airplane again”.

Having walked away from stuffing my Europa in some trees, I’m now on my way to getting it back in shape so I can use it again…I’ll keep you posted as I proceed.

Fred
A194

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
peterz(at)zutrasoft.com

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 3:21 pm    Post subject: a good landing Reply with quote

Great to hear that yer getting her (and yourself) back in the game!

Must be heartbreaking though.

All the best,
PeteZ

Quote:
On May 23, 2022, at 8:17 PM, fklein(at)orcasonline.com wrote:

Gents…

Like all of you, I’m familiar with the phrase, “a good landing is any landing which you can walk away from”.

I’ve just been introduced to a follow on…i.e.,…”a really great landing is one in which you can use the airplane again”.

Having walked away from stuffing my Europa in some trees, I’m now on my way to getting it back in shape so I can use it again…I’ll keep you posted as I proceed.

Fred
A194

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Fred Klein

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:32 pm    Post subject: a good landing Reply with quote

Quote:
On May 23, 2022, at 5:21 PM, Pete <peterz(at)zutrasoft.com (peterz(at)zutrasoft.com)> wrote:
--> Europa-List message posted by: Pete <peterz(at)zutrasoft.com (peterz(at)zutrasoft.com)>Great to hear that yer getting her (and yourself) back in the game!

Pete...your empathy is much appreciated...
Quote:
Must be heartbreaking though.

surprisingly, I’ve yet to experience heartbreak, though I admit to some self-flagellation…thus far, I’ve only found damage which I characterize as superficial, though some suspicions remain…

most of the trees I bumped into were young Alders which swayed and bended quite a bit, so most of the impacts at approx. 50 kts were not harsh…a couple of Shore Pines OTOH were much sturdier and when one snapped off, the sharp end gouged a ragged rip into the fuselage underside which happily, did not rupture any fuel lines.

much gratitude that I didn’t hit a building or vehicle or a couple of pedestrians

thanks to the composite construction vocabulary, everything looks repairable, even my (totally custom) lower cowling…I’m very grateful that my fears of damage to the primary structure, particularly the interfaces between the CM, the engine mounting frame and the airframe were unfounded…am assembling new blades in the hub of my ground-adjustable prop…when complete I’ll have a go at starting the engine…

my back injuries, not resulting from the crash, but totally avoidable if I’d have remained in the cockpit instead of blindly exiting the aircraft and falling 12 feet to the ground...are slowing me down…but healing nonetheless…

Fred
A194

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: