Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

gas tanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaydub

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:19 pm    Post subject: gas tanks Reply with quote

The guy I got my FSii kit from had use the gas tanks for something else so I don't have them. I only have 1 of the pickup tubes. Does anyone know what you call those 5 gallon containers Kolb used? I know I've seen chemicals come in those types of containers on farms and factories but I don't know what you call those. I need to find 2 or the other thought I have is to see if some sort of outboard motor tank (10-12 gallon) would fit. Any ideas what those plastic jugs are called and where one might find one?

Thanks,
Jay

- The Matronics Kolb-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Kolb-List
lcottrell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:34 pm    Post subject: gas tanks Reply with quote

I just bought two new 5 gal tanks from Kolb. Why don't you try that. I
have heard that some have had a problem getting any one from Kolb, but
I did not. I looked up the website and called the contact number
there, she had two of them on the way in no time.
Larry

On Wed, Dec 21, 2022 at 7:21 PM Jay Dub <bearhawk(at)gmx.com> wrote:
Quote:

The guy I got my FSii kit from had use the gas tanks for something else so I don't have them. I only have 1 of the pickup tubes. Does anyone know what you call those 5 gallon containers Kolb used? I know I've seen chemicals come in those types of containers on farms and factories but I don't know what you call those. I need to find 2 or the other thought I have is to see if some sort of outboard motor tank (10-12 gallon) would fit. Any ideas what those plastic jugs are called and where one might find one?

Thanks,
Jay

--
The older I get, the less tolerant I am of those who are intolerant of others.

If you forward this email, or any part of it, please remove my email
address before sending.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Ceengland

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 6:47 pm    Post subject: gas tanks Reply with quote

If Kolb can't help you, here's a match.
https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=33323
On 12/21/2022 8:33 PM, Larry Cottrell wrote:
Quote:

Larry

>
>
> The guy I got my FSii kit from had use the gas tanks for something else so I don't have them. I only have 1 of the pickup tubes. Does anyone know what you call those 5 gallon containers Kolb used? I know I've seen chemicals come in those types of containers on farms and factories but I don't know what you call those. I need to find 2 or the other thought I have is to see if some sort of outboard motor tank (10-12 gallon) would fit. Any ideas what those plastic jugs are called and where one might find one?
>
> Thanks,
> Jay
>

--
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
www.avast.com

jaydub

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject: gas tanks Reply with quote

Thanks Charlie,
I had looked at that one but it says it's not for fuels or oils.

Jay

Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2022 at 7:48 PM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: gas tanks

On 12/21/2022 8:33 PM, Larry Cottrell wrote:
Quote:

Larry

>
>
> The guy I got my FSii kit from had use the gas tanks for something else so I don't have them. I only have 1 of the pickup tubes. Does anyone know what you call those 5 gallon containers Kolb used? I know I've seen chemicals come in those types of containers on farms and factories but I don't know what you call those. I need to find 2 or the other thought I have is to see if some sort of outboard motor tank (10-12 gallon) would fit. Any ideas what those plastic jugs are called and where one might find one?
>
> Thanks,
> Jay
>

--
www.avast.com[http://www.avast.com]

jaydub

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:22 pm    Post subject: gas tanks Reply with quote

Hi Larry,
I'm glad you found someone there.

Sad to say I have been on the Kolb website. They list 3 ways to contact them: call, email, or text. I have called them several times (during their business hours) and nobody answers but the machine, which I did leave a message the first time and nobody called me back so on the consecutive calls I've made I hope someone will answer, but no. Nobody responds to their email address which I have tried several times. Nobody responds to their tech phone number where they say to text them questions of which I did several times. These are all 3 ways they say to contact them. If they are still in business, it's not like they want the business if they don't respond to people who want to buy stuff from them, especially someone who has reached out numerous times in all 3 ways they list to contact them.

This is why I ask so many questions here because Kolb apparently doesn't want to be bothered from what I can tell. I was going to buy a fabric kit, no response. I needed throttle and enrichener cables but no response. I'll do business with someone who wants it. Glad to hear they are still in business, for whatever good that is, because it seems like nobody is there that wants to respond to requests. 

Jay

Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2022 at 7:33 PM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: gas tanks

Larry

ridefst

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:26 pm    Post subject: gas tanks Reply with quote

They can’t rate them for fuel because it’s a portable container that doesn’t have all the safety stuff that a modern gas can has. Kinda like the race fuel jugs that are way easier to use than proper gas cans, but aren’t actually rated for fuel.

Quote:
On Dec 21, 2022, at 10:22 PM, Jay Dub <bearhawk(at)gmx.com> wrote:

Thanks Charlie,
I had looked at that one but it says it's not for fuels or oils.

Jay

Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2022 at 7:48 PM
To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: gas tanks

> On 12/21/2022 8:33 PM, Larry Cottrell wrote:
>
>
> I just bought two new 5 gal tanks from Kolb. Why don't you try that. I
> have heard that some have had a problem getting any one from Kolb, but
> I did not. I looked up the website and called the contact number
> there, she had two of them on the way in no time.
> Larry
>
>> On Wed, Dec 21, 2022 at 7:21 PM Jay Dub <bearhawk(at)gmx.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>> The guy I got my FSii kit from had use the gas tanks for something else so I don't have them. I only have 1 of the pickup tubes. Does anyone know what you call those 5 gallon containers Kolb used? I know I've seen chemicals come in those types of containers on farms and factories but I don't know what you call those. I need to find 2 or the other thought I have is to see if some sort of outboard motor tank (10-12 gallon) would fit. Any ideas what those plastic jugs are called and where one might find one?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jay
>>
>>
>>
>

--
www.avast.com[http://www.avast.com]

Ceengland

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:27 am    Post subject: gas tanks Reply with quote

Right. Your original isn't rated for gas, either.
They are identical to the tank that was on my original Twinstar, and a friend's Twinstar. I have one on the shelf now.
Get BlueMail for Android
On Dec 21, 2022, at 9:25 PM, Franklin Geiser <fmgeiser(at)gmail.com (fmgeiser(at)gmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
--> Kolb-List message posted by: Franklin Geiser <fmgeiser(at)gmail.com>They can’t rate them for fuel because it’s a portable container that doesn’t have all the safety stuff that a modern gas can has. Kinda like the race fuel jugs that are way easier to use than proper gas cans, but aren’t actually rated for fuel.
Quote:
On Dec 21, 2022, at 10:22 PM, Jay Dub <bearhawk(at)gmx.com> wrote: --> Kolb-List message posted by: Jay Dub <bearhawk(at)gmx.com> Thanks Charlie, I had looked at that one but it says it's not for fuels or oils. Jay Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2022 at 7:48 PM From: "Charlie England" <ceengland7(at)gmail.com> To: kolb-list(at)matronics.com Subject: Re: Kolb-List: gas tanks --> Kolb-List message posted by: Charlie England <ceengland7(at)gmail.com> If Kolb can't help you, here's a match. https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?itemid=33323
Quote:
On 12/21/2022 8:33 PM, Larry Cottrell wrote: --> Kolb-List message posted by: Larry Cottrell <lcottrell1020(at)gmail.com> I just bought two new 5 gal tanks from Kolb. Why don't you try that. I have heard that some have had a problem getting any one from Kolb, but I did not. I looked up the website and called the contact number there, she had two of them on the way in no time. Larry
Quote:
On Wed, Dec 21, 2022 at 7:21 PM Jay Dub <bearhawk(at)gmx.com> wrote: --> Kolb-List message posted by: Jay Dub <bearhawk(at)gmx.com> The guy I got my FSii kit from had use the gas tanks for something else so I don't have them. I only have 1 of the pickup tubes. Does anyone know what you call those 5 gallon containers Kolb used? I know I've seen chemicals come in those types of containers on farms and factories but I don't know what you call those. I need to find 2 or the other thought I have is to see if some sort of outboard motor tank (10-12 gallon) would fit. Any ideas what those plastic jugs are called and where one might find one? Thanks, Jay
-- This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. www.avast.com[http://www.avast.com]
<= --> hs://matronics.com/contribution

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Kolb-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: