Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3 blade props
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwadejr(at)direcway.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: 3 blade props Reply with quote

My two cents worth. I chose the Aerocomposite prop. For weight reduction and for the construction. At Sun & Fun last year I looked at both MT and Aerocomposite. The Aero has much better construction and durability. No wood!! The way the blades are built, you have a much less chance of blade to hub frailer. I also decided on the 2 blade, mainly for speed. The 3 blade is smoother, looks better, takes off a little quicker, but slower in cruise, especially at altitude. I was hoping to make Sun & Fun, but panel will delay me. I will be at OSH.
http://www.aerocomposites.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=home.viewPage&page_id=1
Jim Wade
Wings finished
Cabin & Doors on. 

[i]----

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
speckter(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: 3 blade props Reply with quote

I too have an Aerocomposite prop for the exact same reasons.  The sales hype says it will be faster than the Hartzel, we will see!
Gary
[quote]
--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

10flyer(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: 3 blade props Reply with quote

Thanks Randy! Still hard to believe how well it flies right out of the box. Hope to see some of you other guys around the West this summer.Mark.

2eyedocs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: 3 blade props Reply with quote

jwadejr(at)direcway.com wrote:
My two cents worth. I chose the Aerocomposite prop. For weight reduction and for the construction.
Jim Wade
Wings finished
Cabin & Doors on.?
?
[i]----

Jim,
I'm sure this must have been brought up before, but how does the lighter prop affect W&B? I would think you wouldn't have to add as much balast to the baggage area to make it less nose heavy. I wonder, though, if by shifting the CG effectively further back that it would make it more difficult to stay within the W&B envelope.
Thanks,
Mark

jwadejr(at)direcway.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: 3 blade props Reply with quote

Looks to me like the envelope  is wide enough to handle it very well. I would think the most weight needed would be 25 pounds instead of 50 for solo or two up front. Even when  you load 4 and heavy baggage, I don't think you can get it too far aft.
Jim 40383

[i]----

jesse(at)itecusa.org

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:05 pm    Post subject: 3 blade props Reply with quote

It’ll sit on its haunches if you load it full seats and full baggage.  We experienced that bouncing across the field at OSH this year, and have a new tail light to show for it.  In fact, if you don’t fill at least one of the front seats before filling the back seats, it likes to take a tail dive when the pilot hits the step.  It’s your plane, but the last thing I want is to shift the CG aft.  Removing weight is a good thing for when you are flying heavy, but I would have to move more weight up front to compensate for the lighter prop in N256H.  This is not a new discussion, of course, but it seems to be a new round of people discussing it.  IMHO, it is easier to add weight to the baggage compartment when flying light than it is taking weight out of the tail when it is heavy.
Jesse Saint
I-TEC, Inc.
jesse(at)itecusa.org (jesse(at)itecusa.org)
www.itecusa.org
Fax: 815-377-3694
I am in Ecuador until May, 2006.  If you have questions regarding I-TEC, please call the office at 352-465-4545.  If you would like to talk to me, please call me at 352-505-1899.  This number won't always be on, but it has voicemail that will get to me in Ecuador.

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Jim Wade
Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2006 3:34 PM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Re: 3 blade props

Looks to me like the envelope  is wide enough to handle it very well. I would think the most weight needed would be 25 pounds instead of 50 for solo or two up front. Even when  you load 4 and heavy baggage, I don't think you can get it too far aft.

Jim 40383

-------Original Message-------

Date: 01/28/06 13:25:50

To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com (rv10-list(at)matronics.com)

Subject: Re: 3 blade props

--> RV10-List message posted by: "2eyedocs" <2eyedocs(at)comcast.net (2eyedocs(at)comcast.net)>

jwadejr(at)direcway.com wrote:

Quote:
My two cents worth. I chose the Aerocomposite prop. For weight reduction and for the construction.

Quote:
Jim Wade

Quote:

Quote:
  Wings finished

Quote:
  Cabin & Doors on.?

Quote:
  ?

Quote:
  [i]----

Jim,

I'm sure this must have been brought up before, but how does the lighter prop affect W&B?  I would think you wouldn't have to add as much balast to the baggage area to make it less nose heavy.  I wonder, though, if by shifting the CG effectively further back that it would make it more difficult to stay within the W&B envelope.

Thanks,

Mark

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=7633#7633

mritter509(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: 3 blade props Reply with quote

I had a Bonanza F33A for a few years and it liked to sit down on its tail if you loaded the rear passengers first.  I learned to deal with it.  Just ask everyone to lean forward.
Mark

[quote] From: "Jesse Saint" <jesse(at)itecusa.org>
Reply-To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
To: <rv10-list(at)matronics.com>
Subject: RE: Re: 3 blade props
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 16:03:47 -0500

.shape {;} p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin-right:0in;margin-left:0in;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:'Times New Roman';} span.EmailStyle17 {font-family:Arial;color:black;} (at)page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in;margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;}
It’ll sit on its haunches if you load it full seats and full baggage.  We experienced that bouncing across the field at OSH this year, and have a new tail light to show for it.  In fact, if you don’t fill at least one of the front seats before filling the back seats, it likes to take a tail dive when the pilot hits the step.  It’s your plane, but the last thing I want is to shift the CG aft.  Removing weight is a good thing for when you are flying heavy, but I would have to move more weight up front to compensate for the lighter prop in N256H.  This is not a new discussion, of course, but it seems to be a new round of people discussing it.  IMHO, it is easier to add weight to the baggage compartment when flying light than it is taking weight out of the tail when it is heavy.
Jesse Saint
I-TEC, Inc.
jesse(at)itecusa.org (jesse(at)itecusa.org)
www.itecusa.org
Fax: 815-377-3694
I am in Ecuador until May, 2006.  If you have questions regarding I-TEC, please call the office at 352-465-4545.  If you would like to talk to me, please call me at 352-505-1899.  This number won't always be on, but it has voicemail that will get to me in Ecuador.

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Jim Wade
Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2006 3:34 PM

Jim 40383

[i]----

Tdawson(at)avidyne.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: 3 blade props Reply with quote

Four adults and low fuel will get you past the aft c.g. . . .

TDT

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com on behalf of Jim Wade
Sent: Sat 1/28/2006 3:34 PM
Looks to me like the envelope is wide enough to handle it very well. I would think the most weight needed would be 25 pounds instead of 50 for solo or two up front. Even when you load 4 and heavy baggage, I don't think you can get it too far aft.
Jim 40383

----

2eyedocs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: 3 blade props Reply with quote

Tdawson(at)avidyne.com wrote:
Four adults and low fuel will get you past the aft c.g. . . .
TDT

I like the idea of decreasing the overall weight. If a composite prop is used up front, is there any way to redistribute some of the weight away from the rear to counter the aft cg? The only thing that comes to mind might be repositioning the batteries. If this is even possible, it wouldn't be enough.

Mark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: