Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Annunciator Panel - The Display

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nick(at)NLeonard.com

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Annunciator Panel - The Display Reply with quote

I may be getting ahead of the design process a little but I have found that one of the more challenging parts of the annunciator panel is how to create an attractive, yet functional display. Once you get beyond the need for a few indicator lights and you try to create something that is flexible in the number of indicators and labeling, it gets complicated. Printing labels on clear stock for individual square buttons works well when you only need a few but they quickly start taking up a lot of real estate on the panel.

Nathan's design is certainly very attractive and would meet all of my requirements, I just don't have access to that type of machining...
Quote:
" I designed and machined an aluminum housing for it, so that it mounts with
six screws from behind the panel above my six pack. You can see a photo at:

http://picasaweb.google.com/nathantu (bottom of the photos)
I think that a more universal design is needed that would provide a flat panel, backlit, from four to x annunciators, flexible labeling, flush or near flush enclosure, minimal excess footprint (beyond/between the labels), ...

Okay, that's enough for a start of the discussion. What other features are needed on the display side of the project. Hopefully someone has already come up a simple to manufacture (average builder's shop), low cost design for the display.
Nathan, can your design be made in the average builder's shop? Is there a way to adapt it to a simpler construction? Bob, no doubt you have some thoughts on this.

Eventually this will have to match up to the group that is designing the electronics side of the panel.

[quote][b]

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
dfritzj(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Annunciator Panel - The Display Reply with quote

[quote][b]

- The Matronics AeroElectric-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?AeroElectric-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> AeroElectric-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: