Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Batteries

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
william(at)gbta.net

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Batteries Reply with quote

I studied the archives a bit and found that several of you have installed dual batteries.  I cannot find any pictures of how the mods were made.  Does anybody have pictures of their battery mods???  I have not decided on which batteries I will use yet.  Do I need to know this before I build the tray???

Also, this may not be the right list to post this question, but, to those who are considering the Egg H-6 for your -10, what are your battery thoughts/recommendations/locations???

Bill
RV-10 Tailcone

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
millstees(at)ameritech.ne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Batteries Reply with quote

I am plannning on the Subaru H-6 for my -10, Eggenfellner recommends two Odyssey 680 batteries.  As far as location is concerned, I have not reached that point, however since the H-6 is about 60 lbs lighter than the Lycosaur, it would be best from a weight and balance point of view to locate the batteries under the cowl. You can get additional information at Eggenfellners web site http://www.eggenfellneraircraft.com/

Steve Mills
working on wings
[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

bob.condrey(at)baesystems

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Batteries Reply with quote

Here’s what I did, batteries are a pair of PC-680s.  Not a problem to mod the tray later.

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Bill and Tami Britton
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 11:48 PM
To: RV10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Batteries

I studied the archives a bit and found that several of you have installed dual batteries.  I cannot find any pictures of how the mods were made.  Does anybody have pictures of their battery mods???  I have not decided on which batteries I will use yet.  Do I need to know this before I build the tray???

Also, this may not be the right list to post this question, but, to those who are considering the Egg H-6 for your -10, what are your battery thoughts/recommendations/locations???

Bill

RV-10 Tailcone

Tray1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  65.77 KB
 Viewed:  592 Time(s)

Tray1.jpg

tray5.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  86.55 KB
 Viewed:  586 Time(s)

tray5.jpg

tray6.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  97.01 KB
 Viewed:  601 Time(s)

tray6.jpg

pdwalter(at)bigpond.net.a

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Batteries Reply with quote

Hi Group,

As I am part way through the VS I have run into the same problem as I have read about previously.
Plans say to remove 1/8 inch from VS 1013, VS 1005 and VS 1006 so as not to crease VS 1001 Vertical stabilizer skin with the point of these mentioned ribs

Now, removing 1/8 has done nothing to solve the problem and at this point I have taken 1/4 inch off and when assembled and you look down through top of stabilizer the ribs do not sit flush in front of skin as I would like. It almost seems like these ribs have not be manufactured correctly.

Can the fronts be re fabricated to change the actual shape of the rib ?.

Thank you

Paul Walter.

[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: