Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Allegro incident 2005

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bernhard10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Allegro incident 2005 Reply with quote

Has anybody specifics about this tragic incident in 2005:

HISTORY OF FLIGHT

On August 7, 2005, at an undetermined time, a Fantasy Air Allegro 2000 light sport airplane, N9164M, registered to and operated by Sport Inc., as a 14 CFR Part 91 instructional flight, collided with the ground in the vicinity of Supply, North Carolina. The airplane was located during an aerial search on August 7, 2005, at 1630. Visual meteorological conditions prevailed and no flight plan was filed. The airplane received substantial damage. The flight instructor and student pilot were fatally injured. The flight originated from Brunswick County Airport, Oak Island, North Carolina, on August 7, 2005, at approximately 1030 eastern daylight time.

do not archive

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List
Thom Riddle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Allegro incident 2005 Reply with quote

Go to the NTSB website http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/query.asp and search
using Allegro in "make/model" field and NC in "state" field. Click on
the "Full Narative Available" and that will take you to all that anyone
is likely to ever know about this accident.

Thom in Buffalo

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Don't worry about old age... it doesn't last very long.
- Anonymous
malc.stewart(at)btinterne

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Allegro incident 2005 Reply with quote

I have read the report on the NTSB web site and although it is very detailed and informative, it does not give a possible reason for the accident.
I live in the UK so not familiar with NTSB reports, but is it normal not to suggest a possible cause or is the investigation still continuing?

Malcolm in England

[quote][b]

Thom Riddle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Allegro incident 2005 Reply with quote

Malcom,

It has been my observation that NTSB issues two types of reports. One,
they call "Factual" of which type this particular report is. The other
type provides a probable cause. I have no idea why there are two types
or how they decide which type a particular accident merits. It is a
very interesting question. I will write them and ask this very
question. If/when I get an answer, I'll post it.

In what part of England are you located and are you an Allegro pilot?
My son-in-law is from Carlisle but teaches French here in Buffalo, New
York now.

Thom in Buffalo

- Anonymous
Thom Riddle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Re: Allegro incident 2005 Reply with quote

After posting my previous email reply to Malcom, I went to the NTSB website and found the answer to my question, as follows:

The NTSB aviation accident database contains information from 1962 and later about civil aviation accidents and selected incidents within the United States, its territories and possessions, and in international waters. Generally, a preliminary report is available online within a few days of an accident. Factual information is added when available, and when the investigation is completed, the preliminary report is replaced with a final description of the accident and its probable cause. Full narrative descriptions may not be available for dates before 1993, cases under revision, or where NTSB did not have primary investigative responsibility.

- Anonymous
malc.stewart(at)btinterne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Allegro incident 2005 Reply with quote

Hello Thom

I am from Leicester which is pretty much in the middle of England and yes I
am an Allegro owner and am just finishing off a kit and waiting for UK
approval as this is the first Allegro in the UK. I am lucky enough to have
the new 2007 model as this will be a demonstrator as I am the UK
importer/distributor for Fantasy Air. The rules and regulation here in the
UK are very strict and need formal approval with both strength and flight
testing before approval is granted and is taking a lot more time than I had
hoped for.

I will keep the group posted with progress

Malc in England

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: