Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3300A Electrical System Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffrey_davidson(at)earth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: 3300A Electrical System Questions Reply with quote

I have my 3300A physically installed in my CH601 HD using the JabiruUSA FWF kit. I have a couple questions about the electrical system. First, let me also tell you that I am an electrical novice, so I may be missing some rather basic information.
I have Revision 4 of the 3300A Installation Manual dated 22/08/03. On page 10 is the electrical system. It does not include a battery contactor. Why is one not included? Is there a problem if I decide to add one based on other builder's recommendations?
On the same diagram, the master switch controls only the battery. There is no alternator master switch. Looking at the figure on page 18, the single phase alternator is hooked up very differently than the old three phase alternator. I have been told that Jabiru used to recommend an alternator master switch. Does that only apply to the old three phase alternators? Do I need one?
Thank you.
Jeff Davidson
Herndon, Virginia

[quote][b]

- The Matronics JabiruEngine-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List
Duncan.Bennett(at)talktal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:55 pm    Post subject: 3300A Electrical System Questions Reply with quote

Hi Jeff,
<![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]>
The alternator master is only needed with the old 3 phase. It was necessary to prevent the rectifier burning out when the engine had not been started but the master was on.
AUTOTEXTLIST \s "E-mail Signature" <![endif]-->Duncan Bennett
<![endif]--><![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]>
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-jabiruengine-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-jabiruengine-list-server(at)matronics.com]On Behalf Of Jeff
Sent: 19 February 2007 16:55
To: jabiruengine-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: 3300A Electrical System Questions
I have my 3300A physically installed in my CH601 HD using the JabiruUSA FWF kit. I have a couple questions about the electrical system. First, let me also tell you that I am an electrical novice, so I may be missing some rather basic information.
I have Revision 4 of the 3300A Installation Manual dated 22/08/03. On page 10 is the electrical system. It does not include a battery contactor. Why is one not included? Is there a problem if I decide to add one based on other builder's recommendations?
On the same diagram, the master switch controls only the battery. There is no alternator master switch. Looking at the figure on page 18, the single phase alternator is hooked up very differently than the old three phase alternator. I have been told that Jabiru used to recommend an alternator master switch. Does that only apply to the old three phase alternators? Do I need one?
Thank you.
Jeff Davidson
Herndon, Virginia
[quote]<![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]><![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]> - The JabiruEngine-List Email Forum ---> http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List   - NEW MATRONICS WEB FORUMS ---> http://forums.matronics.com<![if !supportEmptyParas]> <![endif]>[b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

tonyplane(at)bellsouth.ne

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: 3300A Electrical System Questions Reply with quote

Jeff,
I use a battery contactor on my Zodiac 601XL/Jab3300A, activated by the
master switch. I also use a relay operated by an alternator switch to bring
power from the alternator to the buss bar. The "Master Switch" is a split
Cessna type (Master and Alternator switch). If you close the Alt you
automatically close the Master. I procured the relay from Radio Shack.

Tony Graziano
Buchanan, Tn
N493TG, 209 hrs

Quote:
Time: 08:56:12 AM PST US
Subject: 3300A Electrical System Questions

I have my 3300A physically installed in my CH601 HD using the
JabiruUSA FWF kit. I have a couple questions about the electrical system.
First, let me also tell you that I am an electrical novice, so I may be
missing some rather basic information.

I have Revision 4 of the 3300A Installation Manual dated
22/08/03. On page 10 is the electrical system. It does not include a
battery contactor. Why is one not included? Is there a problem if I
decide
to add one based on other builder's recommendations?

On the same diagram, the master switch controls only the
battery. There is no alternator master switch. Looking at the figure on
page 18, the single phase alternator is hooked up very differently than
the
old three phase alternator. I have been told that Jabiru used to
recommend
an alternator master switch. Does that only apply to the old three phase
alternators? Do I need one?

Thank you.

Jeff Davidson

Herndon, Virginia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: