Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cool running Jab

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TELEDYNMCS(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Cool running Jab Reply with quote

In a message dated 3/7/2007 2:59:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, europa-list(at)matronics.com writes:
Quote:
All
has anyone managed to cool a Jab 3300 properly yet? I know a couple who
haven't but it can only be a matter of persuading the cooling air to go
through the fins I suspect?
Graham

Hey Graham,

N245E has a cool running 3300 installed. It didn't start out that way, but I've arrived at a combo that seems to work quite well. I'm very pleased with it! I'd be happy to share what it took to get there if you are interested. I'm currently in Colorado and away from my main computer. If you can wait a couple of days until I return I'd be happy to flood your inbox with photo's of my installation.

One thing that is probably different on mine is I used the Suncoast Sportplanes FWF. I think most of the folks who are having overheating issues on Jab powered Europa's are using the stock Jab cowls. Suncoast's cowls use round intakes. The Jab factory cowls I've seen use "D" shaped intakes and that turbulates the intake airflow at high angles of attack. The result is overheating at high angles of attack, i.e., climb out.

Contact me off list and I'll load you up when I get back to Tennessee.

Regards,

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN (TN89)
N245E - Flying - 90 hours

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at AOL.com.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Europa-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Europa-List
DuaneFamly(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Cool running Jab Reply with quote

Hi John,

Since I'm installing the Jab3300A also, I would appreciate it if you could add my name to the "To" list when you send out these pix. I have the SunCoast FWF kit but I want to make sure I use all the tried and true methods that those successful people before me have come up with.
Mike Duane A207A
Redding, California
XS Conventional Gear
Jabiru 3300
Sensenich R64Z N
Ground Adjustable Prop

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at 657x4311227241x4298082137/aol?redir=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eaol%2Ecom" target="_blank">AOL.com.
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

grahamsingleton(at)btinte

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Cool running Jab Reply with quote

John
I would very much like to see your photos when you're back in Tennessee.
Up to now I've had very little to do with Jab's but have lived with a
Lycoming for a while in my Long EZ. The EZ crowd have done a lot of
development and testing with some success.
There are some guys near me who recently bought a Europa with a Jab and
aren't having much luck with it, quite apart from the overheating there
isn't much power either, 300 fpm climb rate! Not a lot of use,
bye for now
Graham

TELEDYNMCS(at)aol.com wrote:
Quote:
In a message dated 3/7/2007 2:59:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
europa-list(at)matronics.com writes:

Hey Graham,

N245E has a cool running 3300 installed. It didn't start out that way,
but I've arrived at a combo that seems to work quite well. I
One thing that is probably different on mine is I used the Suncoast
Sportplanes FWF. I think most of the folks who are having overheating
issues on Jab powered Europa's are using the stock Jab cowls. Suncoast's
cowls use round intakes.

John Lawton
Dunlap, TN (TN89)
N245E - Flying - 90 hours

mikenjulie.parkin(at)btop

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Cool running Jab Reply with quote

Where is our Jabiru salesman who gave a very strong sales pitch on this
list.

MP

---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Europa-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: