Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trip Home to Virginia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lbmathias(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Trip Home to Virginia Reply with quote

Just want to report that N59JL is home in Wakefield, VA after a ferry flight from SYI this afternoon. With 20 hours on the plane, the Atlanta MIDO approved a ferry flight to home base and then continue the flight testing around Wakefield. The flight home was uneventful but quite rough even at 7500 feet; the plane performed well and gets compliments from everyone who sees it. Both Joe and I are quite pleased with it. Our wheel pants and gear fairings are finished but not yet installed on the plane. Our canopy has a painted sun shield over the heads; Joe Cooper's canopy was taped to be painted that way. We thought it was a good idea; it really changes the appearance of the plane but is a practical idea that came in great during today's flight. It will be even more appreciated when summer temperatures arrive.

I want to thank Pete, Nick, Mark, and Mike for all the assistance and guidance during the build process. Also, a special thanks to Buz Rich for his assistance and valued advice. He did a great job of the initial flight testing and gave me time in his Esqual to get me ready to fly the Lightning. We were pleased to be there for the first flights of Rick Bowen's and Joe Cooper's planes as well; both are great looking planes. Last week was an exciting time to be in Shelbyville even though the weather didn't cooperate for several days which caused us to lose some flight testing time. We used the time to our advantage, however, to work on the wheel pants and gear fairings. They came home in the minivan and will probably go on soon.

Hope all of you have as good a building experience as we did.

Linda and Joe Mathias
[quote][b]

- The Matronics Lightning-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Lightning-List
Scotty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Trip Home to Virginia Reply with quote

Linda,
Was the level problem solved on the Chelton yet? If so what was it?
Wish I could have stuck around and seen it fly. It is a beauty.
Scotty

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

lbmathias(at)verizon.net

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Trip Home to Virginia Reply with quote

Hi Scotty,

No, the Chelton problem is still a mystery; I really don't know what to
do next. I am going to see if my panel builder will come here to do some
troubleshooting.

Linda
---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Lightning-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: