Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ameri-King AK-450 ELT - Remote Battery Included?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tim(at)MyRV10.com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Ameri-King AK-450 ELT - Remote Battery Included? Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me if the Lithium battery is included already in the
remote on the AK-450 ELT? I have the remote unit installed and need
to send someone shopping for batteries for the ELT today and I'm
not sure if I need to send them out for the 1 DL 1/3 NB Lithium AND the
D-Cell batteries, or if the lithium is already in the remote....which
is mounted in a hard to reach area from the back.
--
Tim Olson -- RV-10 #40170
DO NOT ARCHIVE

- The Matronics RV10-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV10-List
NYTerminat(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Ameri-King AK-450 ELT - Remote Battery Included? Reply with quote

Lithium battery is in the remote head already. Only need D cells

In a message dated 2/4/2006 8:06:34 PM Eastern Standard Time, Tim(at)MyRV10.com writes:
Quote:
remote on the AK-450 ELT?  I have the remote unit installed and need
--
Tim Olson -- RV-10  #40170
DO NOT ARCHIVE

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Tim(at)MyRV10.com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Ameri-King AK-450 ELT - Remote Battery Included? Reply with quote

Thanks to all who replied. Yes, mine came with a battery
in the remote I found so it's all installed and
ready for a crash. Wink

Current section: Final Assembly
DO NOT ARCHIVE
NYTerminat(at)aol.com wrote:
Quote:
Lithium battery is in the remote head already. Only need D cells

In a message dated 2/4/2006 8:06:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Tim(at)MyRV10.com writes:

remote on the AK-450 ELT? I have the remote unit installed and need

--
DO NOT ARCHIVE

conceptmodels(at)mailbag.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:54 am    Post subject: Ameri-King AK-450 ELT - Remote Battery Included? Reply with quote

Protective covering removal
I'm about ready to start work on the enpennage of 40541.
Question
How do I remove a narrowstrip of the plastic covering over the rivet holes without scratching the surface?
How long can the covering remain on the pieces before it becomes difficult to remove.?

william(at)gbta.net

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:12 am    Post subject: Ameri-King AK-450 ELT - Remote Battery Included? Reply with quote

If you search the archives you'll find that removing strips of the covering is done with a soldering iron and straight edge.  As for how long the stuff can stay on, I bought kit #40137 over a year ago so it's probably 4+ years old now.  Just last week I started removing the covering from the tailcone skins and it's no problem.  The stuff peels right off.  I can tell you that if you put it in front of some heat for a few seconds it peels off much easier.

Bill Britton
RV-10 Tailcone

DO NOT ARCHIVE
[quote] ---

Tdawson(at)avidyne.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Ameri-King AK-450 ELT - Remote Battery Included? Reply with quote

Sounds like a good Wiki topic!

Bill, how do you figure 4+ years?  They started delivering kits in October of 2003 . . .

TDT
Do not archive

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Bill and Tami Britton
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 11:11 AM
To: rv10-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Ameri-King AK-450 ELT - Remote Battery Included?

If you search the archives you'll find that removing strips of the covering is done with a soldering iron and straight edge.  As for how long the stuff can stay on, I bought kit #40137 over a year ago so it's probably 4+ years old now.  Just last week I started removing the covering from the tailcone skins and it's no problem.  The stuff peels right off.  I can tell you that if you put it in front of some heat for a few seconds it peels off much easier.

Bill Britton

RV-10 Tailcone

DO NOT ARCHIVE
[quote]
---

william(at)gbta.net

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Ameri-King AK-450 ELT - Remote Battery Included? Reply with quote

OOPS!!  Meant to type 2+ years.  My kit was delivered to it's original owner in Nov./Dec. 2003.  I've heard people say that if the covering was left on for long periods of time that it is hard to remove.  Mine has been on for more than 2 years and it's not a problem yet.  Maybe it will be eventually but hopefully I won't have to worry about that.

Bill
[quote] ---

rvbuilder(at)sausen.net

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:50 am    Post subject: Ameri-King AK-450 ELT - Remote Battery Included? Reply with quote

This is a good point to remind all of the newer builders to check the archives before they post questions.  Plenty of discussion around this in the past and no need to take up bandwidth discussing it yet again.  Also, please be sure you are using "do not archive" unless you feel your question or comment is useful to someone else down the road.  Lastly, make sure you change the subject line to reflect the accurate topic.

Michael Sausen
-10 #352 Fuselage
do not archive

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Roman Bukolt
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 9:52 AM

Question
How do I remove a narrowstrip of the plastic covering over the rivet holes without scratching the surface?
How long can the covering remain on the pieces before it becomes difficult to remove.?

rene(at)felker.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Ameri-King AK-450 ELT - Remote Battery Included? Reply with quote

I used a hot soldering iron.  I don’t know how long you can leave it on.  I have had my kit for a year, and it is about the same. 

Have fun with your kit……it has been a great 13 months so far for me.

Rene' Felker
Access pannels in fuselage
N423CF

From: owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv10-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Roman Bukolt
Sent: Monday, February 06, 2006 8:52 AM

Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV10-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: