Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Install

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> XDP4000X-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbone7467

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Install Reply with quote

it is amazing how one piece of equiptment can cause so many headaches. I got the TIDD10 to make installtion a breeze and I think it is giving me more headaches. I was under the assumption that it would power everything I have in a round about way it does i guess. It wont power the amps due to the draw from he amps. it wont supply constant power, so I guess I need to know what needs constant power. the CDX-C90 does but I am not sure about the XDP-4000X.

- The Matronics XDP4000X-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?XDP4000X-List
jasonaudio4u(at)sunflower

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Install Reply with quote

im having a hard time understanding what you are saying in this message. the phoenix gold tidd10 is designed to be used for a remote turn on for the amps and powering accessory things like tvs, neons, etc. it isnt designed to power amps, like the positive and negative side of the amp. you pull four gauge from the fuse block to the tidd10 and you send all the amplifier remotes into the remote side of the tidd10. there is an adjustment delay. the head unit remote wire goes into the tidd10 where the positive/negative is at. take the xdp-4000x, take the positive, ground and remote wires and wire them to the accessory side of the tidd10. if there is anymore questions, let me know.
Quote:

it is amazing how one piece of equiptment can cause so many headaches. I got the TIDD10 to make installtion a breeze and I think it is giving me more headaches. I was under the assumption that it would power everything I have in a round about way it does i guess. It wont power the amps due to the draw from he amps. it wont supply constant power, so I guess I need to know what needs constant power. the CDX-C90 does but I am not sure about the XDP-4000X.

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=109081#109081

Quote:

--
Jason Shields

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

tbone7467

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Install Reply with quote

thanks for the info!! I know that the TIDD cant power amps. what i needed to know was can I run the xdp-4000x off it solely? or did i need to run a power line to my battery for any kind of memory function. I appreciate your help though this does clear up that part. I still need to run a constant to the cdx-c90 and then the rest off the TIDD correct? Sorry about the post it made sence when I wrote it (too me that is). as I have the XAV-7w also but am just using it for the screen I should be able to run the whole thing off of the TIDD10 correct? it shouldnt need constant power? what about the cd changers will those need a constant connection?

jason shields <jasonaudio4u(at)sunflower.com> wrote: [quote]--> XDP4000X-List message posted by: "jason shields"

im having a hard time understanding what you are saying in this message. the phoenix gold tidd10 is designed to be used for a remote turn on for the amps and powering accessory things like tvs, neons, etc. it isnt designed to power amps, like the positive and negative side of the amp. you pull four gauge from the fuse block to the tidd10 and you send all the amplifier remotes into the remote side of the tidd10. there is an adjustment delay. the head unit remote wire goes into the tidd10 where the positive/negative is at. take the xdp-4000x, take the positive, ground and remote wires and wire them to the accessory side of the tidd10. if there is anymore questions, let me know.
Quote:
--> XDP4000X-List message posted by: "tbone7467"

it is amazing how one piece of equiptment can cause so many headaches. I got the TIDD10 to make installtion a breeze and I think it is giving me more headaches. I was under the assumption that it would power everything I have in a round about way it Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?
Check out [url=http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48245/*http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html;_ylc=X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDbmV3LWNhcnM-]new cars at Yahoo! Autos.[/url] [quote][b]

bobbybraun

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: Install Reply with quote

bobbybraun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Install Reply with quote

For some reason my last email response was lost, but anyways here goes another try...

The 4000x needs a constant connection to the battery. The changers and whatever else is in the Unilink chain is powered from the 4000x's power supply, of which constant power is necessary for certain changer functions that continue even after a power down.

Even worse, if the 4000x does not have a constant supply of power, there will be a slight delay caused by the turning on of the C90 first, which will send a remote signal to the TIDD10 to finally supply power to the 4000x. This delay will cause the C90 to think it's alone in the unilink chain at first, and once the 4000x powers up the C90 will see it and do a system reset, power everything in the chain down and up again to sense what is connected in the chain.

This is probably not good for any of the equipment in the chain, and at the very least is an annoyance watching the C90 power up, then down, then back up again every time you turn the system on. Years ago I had a bonehead installer put my system in my car just like this, then I had to go in there and fix it up myself... Sure learned my lesson.

Anyways, I hope I didn't confuse you any more than you were when you started, this is a hard topic to put into words. Best of luck!

Bobby

tbone7467

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Install Reply with quote

no this was exactly what I needed to know answers a lot of questions thanks. my only other question was can I install the XA-300 on the same unilink chain between the cdx-c90 and the xdp-4000x? I dont know if it would be better to make a direct connection from the c90 to 4000x. my concern is that I am over loading the changer port on the xdp. on that port will be my dvd dvx-100/xt-40v/xa-300. will this be an issue? Thanks for your help I appreciate it.

bobbybraun <bobbybraun(at)comcast.net> wrote: [quote]--> XDP4000X-List message posted by: "bobbybraun"

For some reason my last email response was lost, but anyways here goes another try...

The 4000x needs a constant connection to the battery. The changers and whatever else is in the Unilink chain is powered from the 4000x's power supply, of which constant power is necessary for certain changer functions that continue even after a power down.

Even worse, if the 4000x does not have a constant supply of power, there will be a slight delay caused by the turning on of the C90 first, which will send a remote signal to the TIDD10 to finally supply power to the 4000x. This delay will cause the C90 to think it's alone in the unilink chain at first, and once the 4000x powers up the C90 will see it and do a system reset, power everything in the chain down and up again to sense what is connected in the chain.

This is probably not good for any of the equipment in the chain, and at the very least is an annoyance watching the C90 power up, then down, then back up again every time you turn the system on. Years ago I had a bonehead installer put my system in my car just like this, then I had to go in there and fix it up myself... Sure learned my lesson.

Anyways, I hope I didn't confuse you any more than you were when you Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?
Check out [url=http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48245/*http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html;_ylc=X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDbmV3LWNhcnM-]new cars at Yahoo! Autos.[/url] [quote][b]

bobbybraun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Install Reply with quote

I do not believe the 4000x will function properly unless it is hooked up first in line with the C90. But keep in mind that I'm saying this having never tried using anything in the Unilink chain in front of the 4000x, plus I do not have any video equipment in my system.

Regardless, having everything hooked up from the 4000x should be just fine. In reality you're only powering the XA-300 auxillary input adapter and your DVX-100 DVD changer off of the Unilink system, since the XT-40V requires it's own power supply and will draw the necessary current from a direct connection made to the battery.

If you hooked up the XA-300 from the 4000x first, and from there the XT-40V and then lastly the DVX-100, I believe the 4000x's unilink system would only be powering the XA-300, while the externally powered XT-40V's Unilink system would be powering your DVD changer. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I've never used any of this equipment and am going off of my own experiences.

mdx400(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Install Reply with quote

Quote:
Reply-To: xdp4000x-list(at)matronics.com
To: xdp4000x-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Install
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:51:17 -0700

it is amazing how one piece of equiptment can cause so many headaches. I
got the TIDD10 to make installtion a breeze and I think it is giving me
more headaches. I was under the assumption that it would power everything I
have in a round about way it does i guess. It wont power the amps due to
the draw from he amps. it wont supply constant power, so I guess I need to
know what needs constant power. the CDX-C90 does but I am not sure about
the XDP-4000X.

What exactly is a TIDD10??? Are you trying to use these products outside of

a mobile environment? Not a good idea for the amps (as you've discovered)
at the very least...

Roland M.

mdx400(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Install Reply with quote

Quote:
To: xdp4000x-list(at)matronics.com, bobbybraun(at)comcast.net
Subject: Re: Re: Install
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:14:52 -0700 (PDT)

no this was exactly what I needed to know answers a lot of questions
thanks. my only other question was can I install the XA-300 on the same
unilink chain between the cdx-c90 and the xdp-4000x? I dont know if it
would be better to make a direct connection from the c90 to 4000x. my
concern is that I am over loading the changer port on the xdp. on that port
will be my dvd dvx-100/xt-40v/xa-300. will this be an issue? Thanks for
your help I appreciate it.

You should be able to go HU --> XA-300 --> XDP no problem. Theoretically it

should work fine this way but there have been known to be issues mixing or
ordering certain UniLink gear in certain ways. These are exceptions of how
things are *supposed* to work though, so again it should work. If it
doesn't then you'll have to hook it up differently.

You won't overload the changer port I don't think. The XT-40V uses it's own
power connection (it isn't bus powered) and I believe it also holds up it's
pass-through UniLink port using that power as well (could be wrong but it
would make sense). The XDP does the same--it isn't bus powered.

The DVX-100 shouldn't draw any more than a changer, if it did they would
have made the XA-118 with a separate power connection as well. XA-300 is
even less power than a changer I'm sure, so not a problem there. Units
connected on the bus do not require that much current when they are
inactive, and devices are usually not active at the same time (except for
some rare instances of CD-checking, etc.). Even with multiple devices doing
checking for a short time, while one plays, the system was all designed with
that in mind.

There's not really a way for you to overload any one port in the system
easily. If more devices were present an MCA would be used and then that
would provide current for the devices connected to it. The only thing I
could think of that would cause that is trying to attach more than one
pass-through capable device to one changer port chain. The only way I can
think you could do that would be with multiple XA-107 or XA-300 units;
however connecting more than one of those (particularly the 300) will likely
lock/shut down the bus anyway because only one is supposed to be
enumerated/used on the bus. All other combinations will always end with the
device or have a device in the chain which is separately connected to power,
aside from the BUS.

Roland M.

tbone7467

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Install Reply with quote

http://www.phoenixgold.com/2004/distributioncenter.html

this link will take you to the product page at Poenix gold

Roland M <mdx400(at)hotmail.com> wrote:
[quote]--> XDP4000X-List message posted by: "Roland M"

[quote]From: "tbone7467"
To: xdp4000x-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Install
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 18:51:17 -0700

--> XDP4000X-List message posted by: "tbone7467"

it is amazing how one piece of equiptment can cause so many headaches. I
got the TIDD10 to make installtion a breeze and I think it is giving me
more headaches. I was under the Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?
Check out [url=http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48245/*http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html;_ylc=X3oDMTE1YW1jcXJ2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDbmV3LWNhcnM-]new cars at Yahoo! Autos.[/url]
Quote:
[b]

tbone7467

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Install Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. to bypass any issues I am going to connect it like this I guess:

CDX-C90--------XDP-400X

Then

XDP-4000X-----------XA-300-------------XT-40V----------DVX-100

Seems the easiet less hassle installation.

Roland M <mdx400(at)hotmail.com> wrote:
[quote]--> XDP4000X-List message posted by: "Roland M"

Quote:
To: xdp4000x-list(at)matronics.com, bobbybraun(at)comcast.net
Subject: Re: Re: Install
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 08:14:52 -0700 (PDT)

no this was exactly what I needed to know answers a lot of questions
thanks. my only other question was can I install the XA-300 on the same
unilink chain between the cdx-c90 and the xdp-4000x? I dont know if it
would be better to make a direct connection from the c90 to 4000x. my
concern is that I am over loading the changer port on the xdp. on that port
will be my dvd dvx-100/xt-40v/xa-300. will this be an issue? Thanks for
your help I appreciate it.

You should be able to go HU --> XA-300 --> XDP no problem. Theoretically it

should work fine this way but there have been known to be issues mixing or
ordering certain UniLink gear in certain ways. These are exceptions of how
things are *supposed* to work though, so again it should work. If it
doesn't then you'll have to hook it up differently.

You won't overload the changer port I don't think. The XT-40V uses it's own
power connection (it isn't bus powered) and I believe it also holds up it's
pass-through UniLink port using that power as well (could be wrong but it
would make sense). The XDP does the same--it isn't bus powered.

The DVX-100 shouldn't draw any more than a changer, if it did they would
have made the XA-118 with a separate power connection as well. XA-300 is
even less power than a changer I'm sure, so not a problem there. Units
connected on the bus do not require that much current when they are
inactive, and devices are usually not active at the same time (except for
some rare instances of CD-checking, etc.). Even with multiple devices doing
checking for a short time, while one plays, the system was all designed with
that in mind.

There's not really a way for you to overload any one port in the system
easily. If more devices were present an MCA would be used and then that
would provide current for the devices connected to it. The only thing I
could think of that would cause that is trying to attach more than one Ahhh...imagining that irresistible "new car" smell?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> XDP4000X-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: