Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Louvers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Rocket-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluebird266(at)dslextreme

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:18 pm    Post subject: Louvers Reply with quote

Rocket list has been kind of thin lately so here goes:

After procrastinating many years about hi CHT's & oil temps on climbout or just hi period on hot days I finally bit the bullet and installed Billy Waters louvers on Lower cowl.

Yes I have plenum helped a little bit made CHTS very even but still hot
have oil cooler mounted off back of number 5 should have done off of #6

Okay on 80 deg OAT on CLIMBOUT 2500 RPM 25 IN MP at 120 mph indicated temps on 5 & 6 never went past 405 wahoo!!! Oil Temp at 185

interestingly the oil temp went down as well on both the oil temps and CHT'S OVERALL REDUCTION IS BETWEEN 25-30 DEGREES Smile depend on power setting and altitude.
Can not discern any noticeable speed penalty Smile

If you want to stay cool I highly recommend this for any rocketman

billy waters
info is
Jones15183(at)aol.com

Hi Harry, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I have borrowed a Dig. camera to take pics, to send to you. The price for the Louver panel is $ 150.00, this includes S&H by priority mail to your door. ( In the United States ).If you do not live in USA shipping will be different price...Does not include ins. Although I haven't sent any Insured before. Not much damage can be made to panel. If you decide to purchase a Louver panel for your plane, just send me a check or M.O. for the above amt. to Billy Waters, 745 J.B. Vandiver Loop, Moody, Tx. 76657. And Give me yor proper shippng address...I have two inquiries, and fortunately these are the last two Louver panels that I have left. The Louver panel is approx. 11"x17 1/2" is made from .032 Al. has 12 louvers in each side. Won't be making any more until summer. I am going to attempt to send pics, and other mat'l. to you. If you receive same, let me know..thanks billy waters

Harry Paine
266HP 440 HRS

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Rocket-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Rocket-List
Jones15183(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Louvers Reply with quote

Good job Harry

See what's free at AOL.com.
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

jrstone(at)insightbb.com

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Louvers Reply with quote

Hey thanks for the info, do you know if the Harmon Rocket runs hot too? I haven't heard any complaints but you know how that goes.
Thanks again for the info,
Jim Stone
HRII Louisville
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Rocket-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: