Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moose vs 185

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> MurphyMoose-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhodes5(at)alaska.net

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Moose vs 185 Reply with quote

Loray
You are correct that the Moose needs more wing area with the M14 and also that an M14 Moose is going to weigh at least 2000 lbs. My own is bare bones with lots of beef ups and it weighs 2222 on big tires. A late model 185 with a fancy panel can also top 2000 lbs on big tires. A Beaver will come in around 3200 on wheels with just a shade more HP than the M14.
I used the stock tips as Scott mentioned and added a bay to each wing (13") Scott and I also added trailing edge to the flaps and ailerons for more area.
Prop spray is not a concern as those big blades are only turning 1941 rpm on takeoff and even at heavy weights it is on the step and off in short order. After 100 hours I see no sign or erosion on Ron's blades (Russian 2 blade).  I never had much for prop erosion on my 185 either but I have seen poor habits on the water take its course.

If you really want to build something YOURSELF and think the Moose is the plane then you should investigate further. If you plan to have someone else build one I personally think you are asking for a headache and a huge BILL. The 185 holds up to severe abuse very well and it sounds like yours is already flying.

Steve Rhodes

- The Matronics MurphyMoose-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?MurphyMoose-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> MurphyMoose-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: