Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RV-3 Tach Installation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV3-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eric.sandifer(at)siemens.

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: RV-3 Tach Installation Reply with quote

I need to replace my tach and am having trouble finding something suitable. Currently, I have a 3-1/8" electronic tach w/ hour meter powered by a transducer attaching to the tach drive on the engine.

I have a header tank and no electrical system. Most of the new electronic tachs w/ hour meter I've found require 12V power. I can't find one like the one I've got and would rather not try to route a mechanical tach cable around the tank. Guess I could use a 90 deg. drive if I had to. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Eric Sandifer
N154AB
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This message and any included attachments are from Siemens Medical Solutions
and are intended only for the addressee(s).
The information contained herein may include trade secrets or privileged or
otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing,
copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. If you received this message in error, or have reason to believe
you are not authorized to receive it, please promptly delete this message and
notify the sender by e-mail with a copy to Central.SecurityOffice(at)siemens.com

Thank you
[quote][b]

- The Matronics RV3-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV3-List
klwerner(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: RV-3 Tach Installation Reply with quote

Why not use a small 12V source just for the replacement tach. I would certainly not mess with a mechanical tach cable. Do you use any Radio and/or Transponder in this airplane?
If so, how are they powered? I think having a small battery would do the trick for a few hours of flight time and then you can recharge it over night. do not archive
[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

smokyray(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: RV-3 Tach Installation Reply with quote

I use a Tiny Tach in my RV4, works great. Lithium 20 years battery, hooks to the back of the mag switch and is very accurate. When it's not recieving a pulse from the mag it registers tach hours. Highly recommended.

Rob Ray

www.tinytach.com

"Konrad L. Werner" <klwerner(at)comcast.net> wrote:
[quote] Why not use a small 12V source just for the replacement tach. I would certainly not mess with a mechanical tach cable. Do you use any Radio and/or Transponder in this airplane?
If so, how are they powered? I think having a small battery would do the trick for a few hours of flight time and then you can recharge it over night. do not archive
[quote] ---

julic(at)videotron.ca

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: RV-3 Tach Installation Reply with quote

You can do like me, make a hole in the tank and pass a aluminium tube one inch through the tank and put the rpm cable in the tube. The cable rpm come straight to instrument.

Julien

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV3-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: