Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Smoke system!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> M14PEngines-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
haavard-iversen(at)c2i.ne

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Smoke system! Reply with quote

Hello guys!

I am flying a yak-52 at airshows and flying aerobatics. I have a smoke system installed which consists of one tank of 20 ltr and a fuelpump that delivers about 2-3 ltrs in minute of fluid. The nozzles are installed at the lower end of the exhaustpipes.
That I have heared too many thoughts of re-placing them. I don’t think that is the answer. Not when seeing a Pitts Python (model 12) having it the same way as mine. The question is the correct mixture of fluid to be used. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS THE RIGHT RECIPY? One that works, and leave thick smoke in the sky for a while.
Today I cannot see my own trail in a loop, using diesel or carozene, jet fuel, hydraulic oil, you name it. Since I do have some smoke into the cockpit, it also should not be too dangerous to breath….

Thank you

www.yaknorway.com

05.06.2007 14:38
[quote][b]

- The Matronics M14PEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?M14PEngines-List
havard.dale(at)airlift.no

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Smoke system! Reply with quote

Yes Sir

Use 3 parts of concret oil and 1 part of Diesel!!

Mvh
Hehehe

"HĂ¥vard N. Iversen" <haavard-iversen(at)c2i.net>
Sent by: owner-m14pengines-list-server(at)matronics.com
07.06.2007 09:11 Please respond to
m14pengines-list(at)matronics.com

To
<m14pengines-list(at)matronics.com>
cc

Subject
M14PEngines-List: Smoke system!

Hello guys!

I am flying a yak-52 at airshows and flying aerobatics. I have a smoke system installed which consists of one tank of 20 ltr and a fuelpump that delivers about 2-3 ltrs in minute of fluid. The nozzles are installed at the lower end of the exhaustpipes.
That I have heared too many thoughts of re-placing them. I don’t think that is the answer. Not when seeing a Pitts Python (model 12) having it the same way as mine. The question is the correct mixture of fluid to be used. IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE THAT HAS THE RIGHT RECIPY? One that works, and leave thick smoke in the sky for a while.
Today I cannot see my own trail in a loop, using diesel or carozene, jet fuel, hydraulic oil, you name it. Since I do have some smoke into the cockpit, it also should not be too dangerous to breath….

Thank you

[url=Arial]www.yaknorway.com[/url]

05.06.2007 14:38
[b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Dale

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Smoke system! Reply with quote

Try Phillips Industrial 70. It is a 10 weight oil that looks like water. Low toxic and billows white . $40 for 5 gal is what I pay. I do not mix anything with it. Smoking Airplanes also listed it on the web after I recommended it.

Francois Davel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Re: Smoke system! Reply with quote

Would it not help to inject the oil higher up the exhaust pipe or is it hot enough on the outlets?

I have also heard one should use oil the use for cooling the cutting tools on lathes.....

culpspecial(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:48 am    Post subject: Smoke system! Reply with quote

Oh Yeah. I do it on my airshow planes at a rate of 1 gallon per minute and get pretty good smoke.
A micro switch on the throttle is good to reduce flow at reduced power settings or just clean the excess oil off of the plane. Like when you reduce power on top of a hammer head or entering a spin the excess oil just for that few seconds get the plane oiled up a bit.
Most of my airshow planes with the M-14P just don't ever corrode and really mark their area.
I block the tail wheel off of the ground so it won't sit in the smoke oil as it is very hard on tires. And the smoke oil will drain down the fuselage toward the tail wheel on most of the tail draggers I have flown.
You can go to my website and see the results of plenty of oil.
Some of my customers YKs are only using about 2 to 3 quarts a minute if it is injected high in the system with good results and it depends on how fast you are flying. L
Steve Culp
www.culpsspecialties.com

To: m14pengines-list(at)matronics.com
Sent: Thursday, March 5, 2009 3:22:14 AM
Subject: Re: Smoke system!

--> M14PEngines-List message posted by: "Francois Davel" <fdavel(at)senninger.com (fdavel(at)senninger.com)>

Would it not help to inject the oil higher up the exhaust pipe or is it hot enough on the outlets?

I have also heard one should use oil the use for cooling the cutting tools on lathes.....

--------
Round Engines RULE!

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=233307#233307

[quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> M14PEngines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: