Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last Chance

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
info(at)jabirucanada.com

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Last Chance Reply with quote

We would just like to set the record clear.

Having thoroughly checked our emails for the last 12 months let
alone 7 weeks we find no trace of any emails from "Dave G"

We take our business very seriously and return emails the same day
received and return telephone messages the same day also, should we
be unable to answer the call.

Dave must be sending the emails to an address that is not ours... our
email address is: info(at)jabirucanada.com

Lancaster Aero Ltd.
PO Box 56
Bainsville, ON K0C 1E0
Tel: (613) 347-3155
Fax:(613) 347-3074
Email: info(at)jabirucanada.com
www.jabirucanada.com

- The Matronics JabiruEngine-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List
d.goddard(at)ns.sympatico

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Last Chance Reply with quote

I can post copies of the emails I've sent since the beginning of June.
Every single email was sent to the current email listed on your website,
which has not changed. If your email was missed once, or twice I might
understand. I was even willing to overlook the preposterous coincidence
that you recieved only the one on the day I finally said something here. But
that last is a little too much for me. I'm sorry things did not work out,
but I'll look for an engine elsewhere.

---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

deuskid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Re: Last Chance Reply with quote

third option: filtering

it could be that a sender's emails might be treated as spam. I've had this happen to me both as sender and receiver.

the filters on email systems are not perfect.

it could be that 4 were sent and none were received and it isn't either's fault but simply technology 'helping' us out once again.

Peace,

John

info(at)usjabiru.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Last Chance Reply with quote

I find that the spam filter is the culprit in some instances as well.
Especially if the sender uses some "stationary" that includes graphics.
Also, the filter will sometimes pick up emails from out of the country and
send them to the spam folder.

We get about 300 emails a day at Jabiru USA and 250 of them are spam - most
from spammers getting our info from the Yahoogroups system. Sometimes a
bona fide email will be in the spam batch and I will not catch it before
deleting (I do take a brief look at the spam folder before I trash it)

Pete

--

donmorrisey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:37 am    Post subject: Last Chance Reply with quote

Several months ago, I had an experience with Jabiru Canada, similar to what Dave G has had.

My inquiries were for the Italian prop they rep. It took three messages over several weeks to finally get a response, and the response basically said they couldn't help me and that I should go to the prop maker's website.

Customer service is king. There is no excuse in 2007 not to be up on communicating via email, and to do it quickly. If I am going to spend thousands of dollars it's going to be with someone I know will repond when I have an issue. All the messages I sent were to the address Lancaster Aero just posted on this list. And if my messages and Dave G's messages were treated as spam, why did "one" message finally get through.

Be careful who you give your money to.

Don.

Quote:
--> JabiruEngine-List message posted by: "deuskid" <empire.john(at)gmail.com>

third option: filtering

it could be that a sender's emails might be treated as spam. I've had this happen to me both as sender and receiver.

the filters on email systems are not perfect.

it could be that 4 were sent and none were received and it isn't either's fault but simply technology 'helping' us out once again.

Missed the show?  Watch videos of the Live Earth Concert on MSN. See them now! [quote][b]

Float Flyr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Last Chance Reply with quote

Why do you need to reply to a phone call the same day?..... What's wrong with having someone answer the call?
Don't think I'm singling out your firm. Many companies are t'ing off the public, you phone only to get a record player. That may be good enough for the Telco provides a necessary service and also who sells the record service.

Because of the nature of E-mail, where every letter in the address has to be perfect or no delivery or delivery to the wrong person, just as bad, too many communications can get lost in a world wide maze of wire. Initial contact should be made human to human by phone. I'm sorry human to pile of wire doesn't do it for me and I suspect few people any where.

Nice product

Noel Loveys
noelloveys(at)yahoo.ca (noelloveys(at)yahoo.ca)
Possible customer.
[quote][b]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Last Chance Reply with quote

---

Kayberg(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Last Chance Reply with quote

In a message dated 7/12/2007 9:39:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time, donmorrisey(at)hotmail.com writes:
Quote:
Several months ago, I had an experience with Jabiru Canada, similar to what Dave G has had.

My inquiries were for the Italian prop they rep. It took three messages over several weeks to finally get a response, and the response basically said they couldn't help me and that I should go to the prop maker's website.

Customer service is king. There is no excuse in 2007 not to be up on communicating via email, and to do it quickly.

There is an excuse. That is what some of us who are in the airplane business are trying to say. Think about it. If you tried to get a price on that particular prop from that particular manufacturer, you might well experience the same 3 week delay. I have. When you try to get a price from them, it is easy to get the run-around. Ask Pete. He no longer deals with them.. (not that Sensinich is without sin either).

Oh, they could have said, "we havent heard anything" every other day as they waited for a response that made sense. But that seems like a waste of everyone's time.

On a number of items, the dealer is at the mercy of single-point manufacture. I could tell many stories about that. The fuel tanks we use are only affordable from one guy. He uses a cell phone and never answers. Out of the blue we will get a call to meet him at a truckstop on the interstate and he will have however many tanks he felt like making. Any other source would be 3 times as expensive and probably as prone to being unreliable. We hear a lot of bitching about the costs of airplane parts, but if you want instant service, you should be prepared to pay for it. Check Cessna and Piper prices.

And finally, there is the phone. We answer it all the time. Sometimes while we are on a call it goes to a message. But for some reason, the people who get frustrated with email seem unwilling to simply call, even tho the number is readily available. I often see people on a Yahoo group looking for a part that I have in stock....but they wont call me for it even tho I am the only source. If we have it , we ship the next day (unless it goes by freight)

Believe me, I know how hard it can be to get stuff for airplanes. We finally got a kitplane shipment after waiting for 3 months...from a supposedly reliable shipper! An this was to get it shipped from 5 states away!!!

None of us want a customer to wait on an email in this day and age. But trust me, it is going to happen on this level of production and sales. I know some of you on the list do not want to hear that. But an old adage suggests, "Make Peace with Reality!"

Doug Koenigsberg

Get a sneak peak of the all-new AOL.com.
[quote][b]

craig(at)craigr.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Last Chance Reply with quote

Nonsense.

Why do customers have to "make peace with reality" but not vendors? The reality is that people are going to contact you by email when you publish your address and invite them to communicate with you that way. You may not be the best typist, and a lot of your email may be spam, but that is the reality -- make peace with it.

I don't know what happened between Don and Jabiru Canada, but the way I read it he wrote several messages and got no response. When they finally did respond it was to tell him they couldn't help him. Your proposed excuse is that they had inquired of the manufacturer and gotten no response. If that was the case, why didn't they write to Don and tell him they were doing that? It's not sufficient to act on an email right away ... you need to tell the other person that you're acting. Otherwise it's as if you aren't doing anything.

This spam filter excuse is also nonsense. If you found out the phone company was "filtering" your calls and you weren't getting some calls from customers, you'd complain until the problem was solved. But when customer email gets routed to the spam folder, vendors just accept it as unavoidable. That simply isn't true. Fix it. When multiple customers report on this list that a company isn't responding to email, there's more to it than spam filters. And if spam filters are the problem, fix them.

I realize this is a tough business to be in. But hey, they're all tough. I'm currently chasing a bug in my software that's incredibly illusive. I've been working 18-hour days for the last week to find it. The magic tool from Microsoft that was supposed to instantly solve my problem crashed immediately when I launched it. In the meantime I'm keeping my inbox empty and I'm taking and returning phone calls as needed. The fact that my job is hard isn't an excuse for not doing it right. That's the reality.

Craig

--

Kayberg(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Last Chance Reply with quote

In a message dated 7/12/2007 12:50:38 PM Eastern Daylight Time, craig(at)craigr.com writes:
Quote:
Nonsense.

Why do customers have to "make peace with reality" but not vendors? The reality is that people are going to contact you by email when you publish your address and invite them to communicate with you that way. You may not be the best typist, and a lot of your email may be spam, but that is the reality -- make peace with it.

I don't know what happened between Don and Jabiru Canada, but the way I read it he wrote several messages and got no response. When they finally did respond it was to tell him they couldn't help him. Your proposed excuse is that they had inquired of the manufacturer and gotten no response. If that was the case, why didn't they write to Don and tell him they were doing that? It's not sufficient to act on an email right away ... you need to tell the other person that you're acting. Otherwise it's as if you aren't doing anything.
Craig,

I am not trying to defend Jab Canada. I dont know them. And you do make a couple good points.

I think I am trying to suggest a little understanding on the part of customers. I dont disagree with your point of view that emails deserve a response. However, I am admitting that I have not always answered emails quickly...either from fatigue or the difficulty of dealing with the question. You are a better man (or more driven?) than I am to work 18 hour days. I try to quit after 12. Smile

I think that if customers can build a relationship and ask for what they want rather than demand; they also get better service. I find it very difficult to say "no" to some one ASKING from my help and much easier to say "NO" to someone who DEMANDS I do something.

I would point out that the only way you would know that your emails have been spam filtered is if someone calls on the phone and tells you! For that matter, how would you know if your phone was filtering out calls unless someone sent you an email to complain?!

The other reality with experimental aircraft engines is that unless you like engine-outs, your choices in the 50-120 HP range with a weight less than 160 lbs is either Rotax or Jabiru. You may not like that, but ..

doug

Get a sneak peak of the all-new AOL.com.

craig(at)craigr.com

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Last Chance Reply with quote

Quote:
The other reality with experimental aircraft engines is
that unless you like engine-outs, your choices in the
50-120 HP range with a weight less than 160 lbs is
either Rotax or Jabiru. You may not like that, but ...

Oh, I have no problems with Jabiru engines. I'm on my second one in less
than 100 hours so I must like them, right? Smile

Craig

jimlc

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:14 pm    Post subject: Last Chance Reply with quote

I have not had an experience with the Canadian distributor, but I did recently purchase a Jabiru 3300 from Jabiru, USA. My experience with them has not worked perfectly, as everything in the firewall forward package for my Kitfox Series 5 will not be available. As they say, "stuff happens." Rather than rant about one short coming, I am very pleased with my choice so far. I will work with them to solve the issue which I will admit was a big disappointment. However, if I don't always hear back promptly, I will persist and I am sure I will be happy in the end.

I just attended their weekend engine seminar which, I think will be very prove to have been helpful. I am certainly no engine expert after it, but I will say I know more about the Jabiru engine and aircraft engines in general than I did before. Has every call I made or email sent been answered immediately? I am sure not, but I never let my request hang. I follow up an email with a phone call and the other way around. I get to know the names of the people I talk with or correspond with and address them by name. I try to be an aggressive but understanding buyer. I just ordered an engine monitoring package from another company and it was the same thing. We ended up coming to an agreement and I sent a check this afternoon.

I just ordered some parts from Jabiru USA and I followed up the order with an email listing once again my needs. Such verbal orders are often forgotten and I know that this follow up email is likely to help Jabiru USA do their job.

You see I was in the furniture business for many years and after that a custom home builder. I can still remember some terrible lapses in execution on my part. Some of my customers were much better organized than I was. I have learned a lot from them and a part of that is contained here. If our list member lets this poor email response he described remove Jabiru from his engine list, I think he will be making a big mistake. Poor front office actions are not truly indicative of total company performance, especially with small businesses.

I am very pleased to have made Jabiru my engine choice.

Jim Crowder
[quote] --

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Last Chance Reply with quote

There's no question that most of the time these people please their customers. They'd be gone otherwise, which is just what I thought may have happened with the CDN fellows. I was pleased to discover they still were around and I recieved a fairly nice email from them after I asked here if they still existed. I made my request (again) to them and reported back here that I had indeed heard from them. I was dissappointed and annoyed that the next move on their part was not to provide me with information, but to come to this group and deny that I had ever communicated with them at all. I don't know why or who did that but I'm very angry about it and they've not bothered explaining. I'll make do with the engine I have for now and hope that others have a better experience.

[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: