Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Бесп

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
promod69camaro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Бесп Reply with quote

???????????? ???????????????? ????????????????????????, ???????? ?????????? ??????????????????, ?????????? ???????????? ???????????? ????????????????. ???????????? ?????? ?????????????? ????????.
?????????? ???????????? ?????? ???????????????????????????? ???????????????? ?????????????????? ???????????????????????????? ?? ?????????????????? ??????????, ?????????????????????? ??????????????, ???????????????????? ?????????????????????? ?? ???????? ???????? ????????.
???????????????????????? bork. ???????????? ?????????????? ??????????????, ???????????????????????? ?????????????? ???????????? - ???????????????? acex ep1k50tc144 ???? ???? ?????????? ??.????????????????????.
?????????????? ?????????????? jennna jamesson ?????????????? ?????????? ?????????????? ????????????????????. ???????????????????? ?????? ?????????????? ?????????????? ???????????? ?????????????????? ????????????.

?????????????????????? ?????????? ?????????????? ??????????????????, ???????????????? ???????????????????? ???????????????????? ?????????????? ?????????????????? ???????????????????? ?????? ???????? ???????????? ?? ???????????????????????? ?????????????? ????????????????
?????????????????? ???????? ???????????? ?????????????? ???????????????????? ???????? - ???????????????????????????? ?????????????? ???????????? ???? ????????. ???????? ???????? ????????????????, ?? ?????? ?????????????????????? ?????????????? ?????????? ??????????
bloodninja: ??????????, ?? ???????? ?????? ?????????????? ????????, ?????? ?????? ???????? ???? ???????? ????????????????????, ????? ?? ?? ?????????? ?????????????? ??????????????????????14: ????. ???????????????????????? ???? 13-16 bloodninja: ?????????? ????, ??????????, ???????????? ???????????? ????????????????. ?????? ???????? ?????????? ??????????????????????14: bloodninja, ?? ?????????????????? ????!
... ???????????????? ???????????????? ?? ?????? ?????????? ???????????? ???????????? ????????, ???? ???????????? ?????????? ?????????? ???????????????????? ???????? ?????????????????????? ??????????. Smile???????? ?????????? ???????????????????? ?????????? ?????????? ???????????????????? ?????????????? ???????????????? ?????????? ????????????????????. ?? ???????? ?????????????????????????? ????????????????. ???? ??????????.
?????????? ???????????? ?? ????????????, ???????????????? ?????????? ?? ???????????????????????? ????????????, ???????? ?????? ?????????????? ???? ??????????????, ???????? ?? ??????????????????????????????. ???????????? ?????????????????? ??????????????.
???????????????????? ???? ??????????, ???????????? ?? ???? ???????????? ?????? ?????????? ??????????-?????????????????????????? ?? ????????????? ???????????????? ?????????????????? ???????? ???????? ?????????? ???? ???? ???? ?????? ????????????????... ???? ?????? ?????????????? ?????????? ???????????? ?????????? ???????????????????? ???? ??????????, ???????????? ?? ???? ???????????? ?????? ?????????? ??????????-?????????????????????????? ?? ????????????? ?????????????? ?????????? ?????????????? 2 ???????????????? ????????????, ?????? ?????? ????! ?????? ?? ???????? ??????????????! ???? ????????????????, ?????? ?????????? ?????????????? ?????????? ?????????? ?????????????????? ??????????????, ?? ???? ????????????????????!, ???? ?? ???????????????? ???????????????? ?????? ?????????????????? ???? ????????????????????????. ?????? ???????????? ???????????? ?????? ???????????????? ?????????????? ????????... ?? ?????? ???????????????????? .
Bakshi, ?? ???????????? ???? ?????????????????????? ???? ???????????????????????????????,?? ?????? ?????? ???????????? ?????????? ???????? ??????-????????????,?????? ?????????? ?????? ??????????????????? ??????????,?????? ?? ????????????,???????????????? ?????? ?????????? ?????????????? ?????????????????????????????? ???? ?????????? ?? ???????????? ???? ???
________
Unimog

- The Matronics JabiruEngine-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List

Last edited by promod69camaro on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:30 pm; edited 6 times in total
matronics(at)rtist.nl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Jabiru 3300 on ebay Reply with quote

Hi Shawn,

If things went the way you say then you are one lucky b*stard..
Congratulations!

Make sure you get all records with the engine before paying good money. Ask
the current owner for the engine history. Watch out for signs of a prop
strike. You will want to get the serial number of this engine and post it
here for comments. Old engines may require some work to get to good
condition again. There are a few known stolen engines as well. Make sure you
don't buy one of those or you'll end up having no source for spares...

Rob

---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Peter H

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Jabiru 3300 on ebay Reply with quote

Shawn have you researched the serial number and the bulletins? There have
been a number of improvements to the 3300 since it was first released.Where
are you located?
Peter H

--

promod69camaro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Jabiru 3300 on ebay Reply with quote

Thanks for the information guys. I have emailed the seller and requested the serial number. I understand that it was made just prior to the change to hydrolic lifters. They say that they purchased several engines at the same time but did not finish the projects. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will give me the serial number so I can verify that its not stolen.
Thanks
Shawn
________
Wiki vaporizer

Last edited by promod69camaro on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peter H

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Jabiru 3300 on ebay Reply with quote

I have an engine that was factory rebuilt about the same time.Good luck.
Peter

--

promod69camaro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Jabiru 3300 on ebay Reply with quote

Peter,
Are there any particular things I should know about the 3300's built at that time? Can they be converted to hydraulic lifters with changing the cam and drilling new lifter bores?
Shawn
________
No2 vaporizer

Last edited by promod69camaro on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peter H

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Jabiru 3300 on ebay Reply with quote

Shawn,
Conversion to hydraulic lifters is so major it is not a proposition. If you
want full performance at the higher throttle settings look for an
alternative to the Bing. I found my engine was unbalanced but corrected with
dynamic balancing the prop and added weight to the backing plate. It made a
dramatic difference even though the prop was carefully static balanced
beforehand.(not now of course so all parts have been marked)
I am finishing a TBI fuel injection and have so far gained 160rpm static.
I like the engine but wary of the reports of broken flywheel bolts. Based on
my experience I think the problem is caused by unbalanced engines and not
necessarily unbalanced props.
Peter

--

promod69camaro

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Jabiru 3300 on ebay Reply with quote

Peter,
They do perform a dynamic balance on the crank don't they? With my race car, we balance the entire assembly to 1 gram at 4/5ths max RPM. They drill every counter weight to reduce weight or add mallory metal. Its expensive, but so are these engines. And in a race car, if I blow the motor, I just wait for a tow back to the pits. Can't do that in an airplane.
Now I am going to have to open up the motor to make sure its all assembled properly, and that the machine work is adequate.
I have a friend in Rowlett Texas who takes billet aluminum blocks and machines them into custom engine blocks. They are crazy strong and super good looking. I use one on my race engine. They are used in top fuel dragsters and top alcohol engines also. Top fuel makes over 8000 hp with these blocks. Anyway, I should ask him to sit down and take a look at the Jabiru and see if there are any suggestions he may have for reducing vibration. He has the equipment if he is not to busy.
Shawn
________
Atheism dicussion

Last edited by promod69camaro on Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peter H

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Jabiru 3300 on ebay Reply with quote

Shawn I don't know what work is done by the factory to balance the engine if
any but I am guessing it is made symmetrical. Remember that it is designed
for comparatively low RPM. I can only report on my own personal experience.
My prop backing plate is now working as a harmonic balancer and the engine
is smooth as.
Peter

--

flyacub

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Jabiru 3300 on ebay Reply with quote

Hi

I think you will find that this engine is several years old. Make sure you get the serial number and check it with the factory before you ante up any payment.
It has probably been sitting around for a long time and, although the owner says it has been inhibited regularly, who knows what the level of expertise involved was like.

FWIW
flyacub

promod69camaro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Jabiru 3300 on ebay Reply with quote

Its a Jabiru 3300 serial number 207. It belongs to the only commercial and military helicopter manufacturer in the southern hemisphere. They make un-manned preditor helicopters, un-manned rescue helicopters, and are getting final approval to manufacture commercial helicopters with full medical triage for rescue like the life flight aircraft.
They were trying to use Jabiru engines in their design, but could not get them to work the way they wanted. So they designed their own engine with a sister company, now called the DeltaHawk, for use in their helicopters. The DeltaHawk is a diesel, and has a very low consumption per hp, and operates at high altitudes. It has a turbo charger and a super charger. They wanted to use diesel because the navy wants aircraft that use jet fuel so they don't have to load up on gasoline also. Trevor told me that they consider gasoline to be an explosive hazard on a ship and want as little of it around as they can get by with.
I had him send me a picture of him, in the shop, with the engine holding a muffler. He did so. I checked it against the media and it is him.
Man am I pumped. I asked if I could purchase another from him, but he said this is the last one they have on hand that has not been modified or damaged. I would have purchased 25 of them at that price.
He also told me that the engine loves to be fuel injected. They picked up right at 10 hp with fuel injection alone. Then they mounted a 3,500 CFM belt driven centrfugal fan with a plenum to the top of the motor. It pulled cooling air threw the cooling fins for additional cooling capacity. They then installed a turbo charger and cranked up the pressure a little. At the same RPM, the output went to over 200 hp without any cooling problems. But it was not good enough for the their helicopter, and the navy wanted a diesel. So they finally gave up trying without using all the Jabiru engines they purchased.
Anyway, this purchase turned out to be very interesting.
I want to thank all on this group for their assistance. I would not have found out all this neat information, if I had not listened to the group and insisted on proof that the engine and seller do indeed exist.
Now I will be a regular to this site so I can keep up with development as they occur.
Thanks again,
Shawn
________
ULTIMATE FIGHTER

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: