Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XDP4K - Getting a "300 Error" when trying to access CNW Edit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> XDP4000X-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
randyman(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: XDP4K - Getting a "300 Error" when trying to access CNW Edit Reply with quote

Hello,

I needed to re-configure/re-align my system, so I hooked up my laptop to my XDP-4000x. It has been over 3 years since I had to do this. It initially worked fine - I just did a few quick tweaks to the X-Over with the DSC software. Then, I went back last week, and I was ready to fine tune my system with my RTA ready to go. Now, when I try to open the DSC "CNW" editor (for X-Over and Delays), I get some kind of "300" error on the laptop, and the DSC application closes out when I click "OK" on the pop-up box. I can not seem to access any of the XDP's CNW features via the Laptop. The XDP's CNW Preset Memory is still entact (or else I'd have a paperweight on my hands - arrrrgh!).

I can access the EQ just fine (adjusting and saving/uploading the EQ works perfectly via the DSC software)! What is going on??? I also tried another laptop, and I get the same error (only for CNW)? I also tried to completely power down the C90/XDP (Removed +12v for a few minutes), and I still experienced the same error on both laptops...

Could this be a Null-Modem Cable issue? I kind of doubt it as I doubt the CNW editor uses different Serial wires than the EQ editor uses, ya know? And the fact that this same thing happens on 2 Laptops is odd.

I'd hate to say it, but this might be the final straw for my dear C90/XDP-4000x. I am inches away from doing a Car-PC (Waiting for the new Panda CT650 LCD Monitor to come out this summer), but I'd really like to get my XDP's x-over and delays tweaked NOW for my new installation Sad . I also wanted to use the XDP4K in my other ride (4-Runner 4x4) once I get a Car-PC in this ride (Tacoma 4x4). That dream may soon be put to rest...

Thanks for any help from a stuck XDP user.

PS - I was also the guy having iPod issues with my C90/XDP. I junked the crappy PAC "Aux-In Unilink Adaptor" that was locking up my system in favor of a Sony XA-300. I still get some weird issues with the motorized face changing angles on its own, but I no longer have the "Freezing" issue on power-up (thank GOD!!! That was very annoying).
Rock and/or Roll
--
Randy V.
Houston, TX
Audio-Dude/Musician/Crazy Guy
[quote][b]

- The Matronics XDP4000X-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?XDP4000X-List
randyman(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: XDP4K - Getting a "300 Error" when trying to access CNW Edit Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions, Matt. One of the laptops was using a USB-to-Serial adaptor (Running XP), and one of the laptops was using a "real" Serial Port (Running Win98). Tried Compatibility Mode on the XP Machine, no difference. The older laptop with the Serial Port is the same Laptop I used to setup my XDP system 3-4 years ago, and I have not used that particular laptop for anything else since then (it was a $100 P.O.S. laptop I bought just for programming the XDP!).

The funny thing is the XP Laptop with the USB-to-Serial adaptor worked initially (I was able to edit my X-Over the first time I hooked it up). I didn't get any errors until the second time I went to interface the Laptop! Then neither Laptop woud work...

Do you think there is a small chance my Null Modem Cable might be bad? Maybe just passing enough data to allow EQ edits, but not CNW edits w/o errors? Do you still have a link to who sells the Serial Null-Modem cables compatible with the XDP? Any other suggestions?

Thanks again

--
Randy V.
Houston, TX
Audio-Dude/Musician/Crazy Guy
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

bobbybraun

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: XDP4K - Getting a Reply with quote

It seems you've ruled the computer out as being the culprit, after using two very different systems while making the connection.

I would start with swapping out the null modem cable, hopefully the problem is as simple (and as cheap) as that. You might also want to try a different version of the Sony DSC software.

Otherwise I can see no other solution than sending the 4000x in for repair... Best of luck!

randyman(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: XDP4K - Getting a "300 Error" when trying to access CNW Edit Reply with quote

Thanks for the inspiration/hope, Bobby Smile

Do you know of any places that sell Null Modem cables off the top of your head? I'll do some searching in a moment. Was there anything specific (besides the "Null Modem" wiring aspect) that I need to verify for XDP Useage?

Thanks again

Randy V

On 8/30/07, bobbybraun <bobbybraun(at)comcast.net (bobbybraun(at)comcast.net)> wrote:
Quote:
--> XDP4000X-List message posted by: "bobbybraun" < bobbybraun(at)comcast.net (bobbybraun(at)comcast.net)>

It seems you've ruled the computer out as being the culprit, after using two very different systems while making the connection.

I would start with swapping out the null modem cable, hopefully the problem is as simple (and as cheap) as that. You might also want to try a different version of the Sony DSC software.

Otherwise I can see no other solution than sending the 4000x in for repair... Best of luck!

--------
Sony ES CDX-C90, XDP-4000X, XM-2000R, Phoenix Gold M44, MS2250, Infinity Beta 8-5-1

--
Randy V.
Houston, TX
Audio-Dude/Musician/Crazy Guy [quote][b]

bobbybraun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:02 am    Post subject: Re: XDP4K - Getting a Reply with quote

Matt has links to a couple on his site at www.matronics.com/xdp4000x
Here are the shortcuts for your convenience:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Product_Id=16633
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Product_Id=16637

Hope you get it working! Best of luck!

randyman(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:15 pm    Post subject: XDP4K - Getting a "300 Error" when trying to access CNW Edit Reply with quote

Thanks Roland. I recall seeing some discrepancy in Null-Modem Wiring as I searched online (flipping 1 pair or 2 pairs of terminations), so I just wanted to be sure I don't make this issue worse by using the wrong cable.

I finally found Matt's XDP Page that listed the Belkin model cable, and I ordered one from Provantage for like $8 shipped (F-F DB9 10' Null Modem). I'm crossing my fingers, but things like this usually aren't such an easy fix for me...

Beyond that, I might try swapping Unilink cables for the heck of it (but I doubt that would help my problem here).

A CarPC and the Panda Monitor might be happening sooner than I thought Smile

I'll let you know what happens

Randy Visentine

On 9/4/07, Roland M <mdx400(at)hotmail.com (mdx400(at)hotmail.com)> wrote: [quote]--> XDP4000X-List message posted by: "Roland M" <mdx400(at)hotmail.com (mdx400(at)hotmail.com)>

Quote:
From: "Randy Visentine" <randyman(at)gmail.com (randyman(at)gmail.com)>
Reply-To: xdp4000x-list(at)matronics.com (xdp4000x-list(at)matronics.com)
To: xdp4000x-list(at)matronics.com (xdp4000x-list(at)matronics.com)
Subject: Re: Re: XDP4K - Getting a "300 Error" when trying
to access CNW Edit
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 15:54:16 -0500

Thanks for the inspiration/hope, Bobby Smile

Do you know of any places that sell Null Modem cables off the top of your
head? I'll do some searching in a moment. Was there anything specific
(besides the "Null Modem" wiring aspect) that I need to verify for XDP
Useage?

Nah a null modem cable is a null modem cable. You just need the right ends

M/F or whatever the cable has to be, and the right size (can be either 9 pin
or 25 pin; 25 pin ports only really use 9 pins so I have no clue why they
were ever used on PCs). You can probably get one from Monoprice
http://www.monoprice.com .

Roland M.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> XDP4000X-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: