Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Was Nothing new then now propeller twist

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RotaxEngines-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thilo.kind(at)gmx.net

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Was Nothing new then now propeller twist Reply with quote

I am not entirely sure. what caused the hose to burst. It was the hose from the water rad to an aluminum tube and from there from another hose to the pump. The hose did burst lengthwise over a length of approx 12".
It looked like it started at the aluminum tubing, so I suspect the edge of the aluminum tube was too sharp (although I couldn't feel any burrs). The hose was not near the exhaust or any other hot items.

Thilo Kind
-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Quote:
Datum: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 15:07:25 -0400
Von: "Hugh McKay III" <hgmckay(at)bellsouth.net>
An: rotaxengines-list(at)matronics.com
Betreff: RE: RE: Re: Was Nothing new then now propeller twist

[quote]
<hgmckay(at)bellsouth.net>

Thilo:

What caused the radiator hose to burst? Was is a defective hose, loose
clamp, or what?

Hugh McKay

--

- The Matronics RotaxEngines-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RotaxEngines-List
Savannah174(at)msn.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Was Nothing new then now propeller twist Reply with quote

<?xml:namespace prefix="v" /><?xml:namespace prefix="o" /><![endif]--> Hey Thilo, your description of your installation is similar to mine. Q. Is the aluminum tube something you made or was it provided in your FWF kit if it was a kit, my tube was pre-bent by the kit manufacturer. the hose from the Rad to the aluminum tube is a 1" ID, 4" L wire reinforced gates high pressure hose and from the Al tube to the water pump fitting same type hose about 10 " long, the Aluminum tube is secured at each end by two Adel clamps to the engine mount. I guess that was real good info you provided the list. I often thought about coolant failure and what catastrophic event would occur, like a Timex watch "Takes a licking, and keeps on ticking"
Above all Thilo thank the Almighty all went well for you, Cheers
RJ
[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Thom Riddle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:52 am    Post subject: Coolant hose problems Reply with quote

The original coolant hoses installed by the Fantasy Air factory on our less than 4 year old Allegro 2000 w/ 912UL showed signs of age cracking during our annual inspection in May of this year. They were made from pretty thin stuff so we replaced them all with Aeroquip hoses which appear to be very strong, multiple ply, and are much thicker. They are also much more expensive but should last a very long time. I don't have the product number in front of me but think it was Aeroquip FC252.

Don't worry about old age... it doesn't last very long.
- Anonymous
hgmckay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Was Nothing new then now propeller twist Reply with quote

Thilo:

How old was the hose? If there was no restriction in the flow path
(blockage, or partial blockage) it sounds like the hose was defective, or if
the hose had age on it, it had become brittle and vibration finally caused
it to rupture, but your guess is as good, if not better than mine.

Hugh

--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RotaxEngines-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: