Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3300 OP sensor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TELEDYNMCS(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: 3300 OP sensor Reply with quote

In a message dated 9/28/2007 2:59:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jabiruengine-list(at)matronics.com writes:
Quote:
Or anything else that we should
look into that might be wrong at all?

Hey Rob,

My 3300 is #756, currently with about 118 hours TT. I replaced the OP sensor that came on the engine early on, at about 30 hours or so, because it was showing OP fluctuations, or "flicking" as Jabiru calls it. Andy Silvester recommended that it be changed to a VDO sensor. Since installing the VDO OP sensor the "flicking" has gone away.

Don't expect Jabiru to honor their warranty your OP sensor, though. Their stated warranty seems to be worth about as much as the paper it's printed on, if it's worth that much. They exhibit very "Rotaxian" behavior when it comes to warranty issues, IMHO.......

Regards,

John Lawton
Whitwell, TN (TN89)
Europa N245E - Flying

Quote:

See what's new="_blank">Make AOL Your Homepage.
[quote][b]

- The Matronics JabiruEngine-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List
Kayberg(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: 3300 OP sensor Reply with quote

In a message dated 9/28/2007 7:38:56 AM Eastern Daylight Time, TELEDYNMCS(at)aol.com writes:
Quote:

Don't expect Jabiru to honor their warranty your OP sensor, though. Their stated warranty seems to be worth about as much as the paper it's printed on, if it's worth that much. They exhibit very "Rotaxian" behavior when it comes to warranty issues, IMHO.......

I think you shared those thoughts before and a lengthy thread followed.

USAJabiru instantly replaced two OP senders on airplanes we know about. No warrantee hassles at all.

If memory serves, you were offered a replacement also...through the dealer; which is how warrantees are handled.

If I have you confused with someone else, please let me apologize in advance.

Doug Koenigsberg

See " target="_blank">Make AOL Your Homepage.
[quote][b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

vettin74(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:41 am    Post subject: 3300 OP sensor Reply with quote

I have found jabiru to be very excellent in their warrenty claims. No hassles or problems here getting any items taken care of. I beleive maybe you are going about your claim in the wrong fashion.

Nick Otterback
Production Manager
Arion Aircraft LLc

Aicraft designed around 3300 power.

TELEDYNMCS(at)aol.com wrote:
[quote] In a message dated 9/28/2007 2:59:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jabiruengine-list(at)matronics.com writes:
Quote:
Or anything else that we should
look into that might be wrong at all?

Hey Rob,

My 3300 is #756, currently with about 118 hours TT. I replaced the OP sensor that came on the engine early on, at about 30 hours or so, because it was showing OP fluctuations, or "flicking" as Jabiru calls it. Andy Silvester recommended that it be changed to a VDO sensor. Since installing the VDO OP sensor the "flicking" has gone away.

Regards,

John Lawton
Whitwell, TN (TN89)
Europa N245E - Flying

[quote]Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? ">Preview the hottest shows on Yahoo! TV. [quote][b]

N1BZRich(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:35 am    Post subject: 3300 OP sensor Reply with quote

All,
My 3300 engine is serial # 843 and has 366 hours in the last 21 months in my highly modified Esqual LS (Lightning Stuff). During the first 50 hours or so the oil pressure sender was replaces twice under warranty by my dealer - USA Jabiru in Tennessee. They are absolutely great people. The symptoms were oil pressure fluctuations as was previously mentioned and the VDO sender has been problem free. If any of you have not been to their engine seminar, I highly recommend it. By the way, during the 366 hours the engine has been outstanding, requiring only routine maintenance. I change oil and filter every 25 to 30 hours, re-torque the heads and adjust the valves on schedule, and change plugs every 100 hours. 
Blue Skies,
Buz Rich

See what's n="_blank">Make AOL Your Homepage.
[quote][b]

matronics(at)rtist.nl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: 3300 OP sensor Reply with quote

Hi John,

I'm actually using a different sensor. I use a Westach combined oil pressure/oil temperature instrument (2DA3KV) and it requires it's own pressure sensor with 0.5 - 4.5V output. If this sensor is faulty, it's not Jabiru's fault so no need to claim warranty on it.

I still have the original sensor that came with the engine, maybe I'll try that one with a VDO instrument for comparison.

Thanks,
Rob

[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: