Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Distributor cap and rotor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynn Matteson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Distributor cap and rotor Reply with quote

I just replaced the caps and rotors on my 2200, and decided to have
some fun with the old parts. I bored 3/4" holes into one cap between
the four spark plug wire terminals, and hogged out as much material
as I could and still retain the strength of the cap. I then installed
the cap and wires and fired up the engine. Using my digital camera, I
got one shot out of the seven I took which showed the spark jumping
the gap from the rotor to one of the segments...no big deal, just for
my amusement.

Lynn Matteson
Grass Lake, Michigan
Kitfox IV Speedster w/Jabiru 2200
flying w/420+ hrs
do not archive

- The Matronics JabiruEngine-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List

info(at)usjabiru.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Distributor cap and rotor Reply with quote

Lynn,

I'd like to see that photo!

Pete Krotje
Jabiru USA Sport Aircraft, LLC

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Lynn Matteson

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Distributor cap and rotor Reply with quote

It's on its way to you, Pete.

Lynn
On Oct 17, 2007, at 5:44 PM, Jabiru USA wrote:

[quote]
<info(at)usjabiru.com>

Lynn,

Pete Krotje

--

gaman(at)att.net

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:27 am    Post subject: Distributor cap and rotor Reply with quote

Good day,
I have been following the postings but may still need some info. I have an early 2200 w/economy tuning I believe,Only 1 groove in the needle.My Exhaust temps get near 1500 in cruise on cold mornings 1410 during the summer.I am uncomfortable with these numbers and prefer temps in the 1300 range.Cyl heads show just under 300.low speed adjustments are super sensitive,with temp changes.Can I fatten it up a little
Thanx Gary Aman

Lynn Matteson <lynnmatt(at)jps.net> wrote:[quote] --> JabiruEngine-List message posted by: Lynn Matteson

Lynn

[quote] --> JabiruEngine-List message posted by: "Jabiru USA"

Lynn,

Pete Krotje

--

info(at)usjabiru.com

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Distributor cap and rotor Reply with quote

Gary,

You can place a small washer (1/8 diameter or a washer from a #8 screw) under the clip on the needle. That will hold the needle slightly higher in the jet and create a richer mixture. Aim for a cruise EGT of 1350 to 1400

Pete

From: owner-jabiruengine-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-jabiruengine-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of gary aman
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 8:27 AM
To: jabiruengine-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: JabiruEngine-List: Distributor cap and rotor

Good day,
I have been following the postings but may still need some info. I have an early 2200 w/economy tuning I believe,Only 1 groove in the needle.My Exhaust temps get near 1500 in cruise on cold mornings 1410 during the summer.I am uncomfortable with these numbers and prefer temps in the 1300 range.Cyl heads show just under 300.low speed adjustments are super sensitive,with temp changes.Can I fatten it up a little
  Thanx Gary Aman

Lynn Matteson <lynnmatt(at)jps.net> wrote:
--> JabiruEngine-List message posted by: Lynn Matteson

Lynn

> --> JabiruEngine-List message posted by: "Jabiru USA"
>
>
> Lynn,
>
> I'd like to see that photo!
>
> Pete Krotje
> Jabiru USA Sport Aircraft, LLC
>
> --

gaman(at)att.net

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Distributor cap and rotor Reply with quote

Thanks Pete,I'll give it a try.
G Aman

Jabiru USA <info(at)usjabiru.com> wrote:[quote] v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} <![endif]--> st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) } <![endif]--> Gary,

You can place a small washer (1/8 diameter or a washer from a #8 screw) under the clip on the needle. That will hold the needle slightly higher in the jet and create a richer mixture. Aim for a cruise EGT of 1350 to 1400

Pete

From: owner-jabiruengine-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-jabiruengine-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of gary aman
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 8:27 AM
To: jabiruengine-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Distributor cap and rotor

Good day,
Thanx Gary Aman

Lynn Matteson <lynnmatt(at)jps.net> wrote:
--> JabiruEngine-List message posted by: Lynn Matteson

Lynn

> --> JabiruEngine-List message posted by: "Jabiru USA"
>
>
> Lynn,
>
> I'd like to see that photo!
>
> Pete Krotje
> Jabiru USA Sport Aircraft, LLC
>
> --

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: