Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Econo jetting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gaman(at)att.net

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Econo jetting Reply with quote

I think the last person to respond to my inquiry was Pete.Based on that assumption I would pose this question.2200 tuning info on line suggests 45 idle jet,250 main jet.276 needle jet and jabiru special needle.The markings on my main jet indicate 175,along with some etched symbols I can't identify.Any chance the factory rebored this 175 to make it a 250?The hole in this jet is .089
Thanks G.Aman
[quote][b]

- The Matronics JabiruEngine-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?JabiruEngine-List
jetboy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Econo jetting Reply with quote

Hi,
you should download the current information JSL 002-2 april 2007 standard parts are idle jet .35mm needle jet 2.85mm main jet 2.25mm with the revised needle pt. no. 4A131AOD.

I dont know if the previous needle is compatible with this latest revision,

I've had no problems in drilling out my earlier econo jets with metric drills of those sizes although an EGT audit afterwards showed that in cruise my mixture was over rich so I put back an original 2.76 needle jet to get the target readings.

Problems with routing of carb vent line or air intake to the carb will make a difference to tuning so be sure they are correct first.

Ralph

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Lynn Matteson

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:33 pm    Post subject: Econo jetting Reply with quote

That information, (JSL 002) has been "superseded" (my choice of a
word) by JSB 018-1. According to JSB 018-1 paragraph 2.2:
"Accordingly Service Letter JSB 002 has been cancelled and this
Service Bulletin issued in it's place."

I don't know what constitutes a Service Letter versus a Service
Bulletin, and it's apparent Jabiru doesn't either because they
interchange them at will, but that's what came down the pipeline just
recently...October 5, 2007, according to the download that I have.

Lynn Matteson
Grass Lake, Michigan
Kitfox IV Speedster w/Jabiru 2200
flying w/420+ hrs

On Oct 19, 2007, at 4:46 PM, jetboy wrote:

Quote:

<sanson.r(at)xtra.co.nz>

Hi,
you should download the current information JSL 002-2 april
2007 standard parts are idle jet .35mm needle jet 2.85mm main jet
2.25mm with the revised needle pt. no. 4A131AOD.

I dont know if the previous needle is compatible with this latest
revision,

I've had no problems in drilling out my earlier econo jets with
metric drills of those sizes although an EGT audit afterwards
showed that in cruise my mixture was over rich so I put back an
original 2.76 needle jet to get the target readings.

Problems with routing of carb vent line or air intake to the carb
will make a difference to tuning so be sure they are correct first.

Ralph

--------
Ralph - CH701 / 2200a

gaman(at)att.net

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Econo jetting Reply with quote

Ralph,
Thanks,I had an older copy of the first econo kit and not everything matched up. A little easier to tune with bing parts,but we can handle it.Thanks again
G.Aman

jetboy <sanson.r(at)xtra.co.nz> wrote:[quote] --> JabiruEngine-List message posted by: "jetboy"

Hi,
you should download the current information JSL 002-2 april 2007 standard parts are idle jet .35mm needle jet 2.85mm main jet 2.25mm with the revised needle pt. no. 4A131AOD.

I dont know if the previous needle is compatible with this latest revision,

I've had no problems in drilling out my earlier econo jets with metric drills of those sizes although an EGT audit afterwards showed [quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> JabiruEngine-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: