Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RV8a Electric Aileron Trim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
japhillipsga(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: RV8a Electric Aileron Trim Reply with quote

Dear Fellow RV-8a Builders, I have the spring type trim setup, but have not installed it yet. Good friend told me that most folks use the manual spring trim if they are installing an auto pilot system and or use the electric trim system if not. I do not plan to install an auto pilot so is the electric system really recommended ? I have electric aileron trim on my present plane and I like how manageable and easy it is. Who has the electric trim without auto pilot in their 8 and how does it compare to spring system ? Advantages/disadvantages? Hope to hear from someone and best regards, Bill of Georgia
Quote:
Quote:

--

- The Matronics RV8-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV8-List
groves(at)epix.net

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: RV8a Electric Aileron Trim Reply with quote

I have the electric trim and love it, Its very easy to use on stick. You don't have to move your hand off the stick.
go for the electric .
All the best
Kirk RV-8

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 22, 2007, at 4:05 PM, japhillipsga(at)aol.com (japhillipsga(at)aol.com) wrote:

[quote]Dear Fellow RV-8a Builders, I have the spring type trim setup, but have not installed it yet. Good friend told me that most folks use the manual spring trim if they are installing an auto pilot system and or use the electric trim system if not. I do not plan to install an auto pilot so is the electric system really recommended ? I have electric aileron trim on my present plane and I like how manageable and easy it is. Who has the electric trim without auto pilot in their 8 and how does it compare to spring system ? Advantages/disadvantages? Hope to hear from someone and best regards, Bill of Georgia
Quote:
Quote:

--

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

carl.froehlich(at)cox.net

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: RV8a Electric Aileron Trim Reply with quote

Same for me. Get the electric aileron trim.

I have both aileron and elevator trim on an Infinity stick coolie hat, to a homebrew relay system. I’m very happy with the set up.

Carl Froehlich
RV-8A (350 hrs)
Dogwood Airpark (VA42)

From: owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-rv8-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Kirk&Laura Groves
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 5:10 PM
To: rv8-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: Re: RV8a Electric Aileron Trim

I have the electric trim and love it, Its very easy to use on stick. You don't have to move your hand off the stick.

go for the electric .

All the best

Kirk RV-8

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 22, 2007, at 4:05 PM, japhillipsga(at)aol.com (japhillipsga(at)aol.com) wrote:
[quote]
Dear Fellow RV-8a Builders, I have the spring type trim setup, but have not installed it yet. Good friend told me that most folks use the manual spring trim if they are installing an auto pilot system and or use the electric trim system if not. I do not plan to install an auto pilot so is the electric system really recommended ? I have electric aileron trim on my present plane and I like how manageable and easy it is. Who has the electric trim without auto pilot in their 8 and how does it compare to spring system ? Advantages/disadvantages? Hope to hear from someone and best regards, Bill of Georgia

--

schad(at)cooke.net

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: RV8a Electric Aileron Trim Reply with quote

I have electric aileron and elevator trim on my RV-8. I did something different and mounted the elevator trim switch on the throttle. It has worked out quite well and is in a handy place.

I would really suggest you install a autopilot while you are building. It is much easier now than later. I thought that altitude hold was not necessary until the first cross country. That is when I learned how pitch sensitive the RV is while fighting with maps. I'm now in the middle of adding altitude hold. Talk about one step forward and six backwards.

Tom Schad RV-8 N558TX
[quote] ---

Lenleg(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: RV8a Electric Aileron Trim Reply with quote

Bill:

I have electric trim and am very happy with it. Flew the first couple of years without autopilot but now have that also ... still love the electric trim when not flying on autopilot.

Len Leggette, RV-8A
Greensboro, NC N910LL
595 hrs

In a message dated 10/22/2007 4:08:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time, japhillipsga(at)aol.com writes:
[quote]Dear Fellow RV-8a Builders, I have the spring type trim setup, but have not installed it yet. Good friend told me that most folks use the manual spring trim if they are installing an auto pilot system and or use the electric trim system if not. I do not plan to install an auto pilot so is the electric system really recommended ? I have electric aileron trim on my present plane and I like how manageable and easy it is. Who has the electric trim without auto pilot in their 8 and how does it compare to spring system ? Advantages/disadvantages? Hope to hear from someone and best regards, Bill of Georgia
Quote:
Quote:

-----Original Message-----
To: RV8-List Digest List <rv8-list-digest(at)matronics.com>
Sent: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 2:57 am
Subject: RV8-List Digest: 2 Msgs - 10/21/07

[quote]* ========================= Online Versions of Today's List Digest Archive ========================= Today's complete RV8-List Digest can also be found in either of the two Web Links listed below. The .html file includes the Digest formatted in HTML for viewing with a web browser and features Hyperlinked Indexes and Message Navigation. The .txt file includes the plain ASCII version of the RV8-List Digest and can be viewed with a generic text editor such as Notepad or with a web browser. HTML Version: willfly(at)carolina.rr.com (willfly(at)carolina.rr.com)> Subject: Re: Aileron pushtube holes in fuselauge There is plenty of room. Should be no need to enlarge. Steve Glasgow-Cappy N123SG RV-8 Cappy's Toy ________________________________ Message 2 _____________________________________ Time: 10:04:28 AM PST US From: "Steve Gregory" <sgregory(at)best.com (sgregory(at)best.com)> Subject: RE: Aileron pushtube holes in fuselauge Yes, I had to enlarge both sides. Used a Dremel. I did it when I was trial fitting the ailerons, before the wings went on. Watch the movement from the bellcrank to where it connects with the aileron. Steve Gregory RV-8QB Livermore, CA --

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV8-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: