Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEW Mustang Canopy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> FEWMustang-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uh-1driver(at)earthlink.n

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:20 am    Post subject: FEW Mustang Canopy Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am building a FEW P-51D and I wish to add a back seat, providing the person isn't too terribly large. In order to make more headroom, I an going to make a high-top canopy instead of the teardrop canopy supplied with the kit. It will be approximately the same size over the pilot's head but will extend over the passenger's head and taper somewhat sharply behind the passenger's head. I will fabricate fiberglass skirts, skirt frame and canopy bow. I plan to have a quick change release in order to switch canopies. If there are any interested persons please email me.

I found an aircraft custom canopy shop not three blocks from where I work and they do excellent work. I plan to have the front canopy side panels redone there as well.

Does anyone have information about the springs used in the tailwheel box assembly? I need the large spring that pulls the trapeze yoke against the over-center blocks and the uplock latch return spring. If I could get the spring barrel diameter, length, wire dia, pounds/inch tension and a picture,(to identify the type of end hook). Any information would be appreciated. With this, I can order the parts from the McMaster Carr catalog.

I am also fabricating a hydraulic cylender for the tail wheel retract mechinism and will publish plans as soon as it is completed.

Is anyone here not a member of the Replica Fighter's Association? It is a group that is dedicated to the building and flying of replica military aircraft. They have a fairly active website and builder's group at
[quote][b]

- The Matronics FEWMustang-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?FEWMustang-List
mustang

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: FEW Mustang Canopy Reply with quote

Darren ,
I have the complete tailwheelbox made from parts received from FEW , so I can take it apart and measure and take pics .
Let me know , and I will try to do it this weekend .

Regards
Tore
[quote] ---

- The Matronics FEWMustang-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?FEWMustang-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> FEWMustang-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: