Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unique Glasair parts?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Glasair-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPPalmer(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Unique Glasair parts? Reply with quote

I'm getting ready to order that nose gear friction pad from Newglasair. (See previous posts.) I wonder if there are any other parts unique to the Glasair that can't be second sourced, that I should buy now before the economy tanks and companies shut down?

How about posting unique Glasair parts you've had to buy over the years?

For example, years ago, we bought the last cork float spiral gage assembly they had laying around for the main tank stand pipe. (Our cork float seems to have swollen and sometimes sticks in the pipe.) I suppose I should order the gasket for the stand pipe, although I think you could cut your own from a gasket kit from NAPA.

I've had to order canopy bulb seal. The seal separates where you lean against it to get in and out of the plane. You can RTV it back together only so many times. I think one can buy the bulb seal from other sources, but spec'ing it out is the hard part.

I've ordered numerous exhaust hangar springs. For a while, I got about a thousand hours out of those and then something changed in our installation and we started breaking them every flight. I finally switched over to an automotive muffler rubber hanger

I don't think I can get the canopy gas springs for our plane any more. They went to different units for the Glasair II. So far we've been able to re-pressurize ours every few years. (I should probably do the over-center mod anyway.)

Please let me know what specialty parts comes to mind.

Thanks,

Mike Palmer <><

Need a new ride? Check out the largest site for U.S. used car listings at AOL Autos.
(http://autos.aol.com/used?NCID=aolcmp00300000002851) [quote][b]

- The Matronics Glasair-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Glasair-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Glasair-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: