Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For Sale: RV-9A Tail and Wing Kits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV9-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rvator(at)lindonnet.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: For Sale: RV-9A Tail and Wing Kits Reply with quote

For sale:

1 completed RV-9A tail kit (+ electric trim and white tail position light)
1 Partially completed RV-9A wing kit (flaps and ailerons done, initial spar work)

Salt Lake City, UT area

Asking price: $1700 for tail, electric trim and light, $5900 for wing kit (about 10% off Van's list price - see below).
$7500 for both.

I've posted pictures here: http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn277/rvator/

The tail kit includes the electric trim option and white tail position light (installed, but not wired). Internal structures have been primed with AFS white primer. All fiberglass has been done and attached.

The wing kit has had the flaps and ailerons completed, also internally primed with AFS white primer (including skins). Flaps and ailerons are very straight due to using a polished angle-iron jig to do the riveting. The main spar has been started, with counter-sinking and plate-nuts done, plus the tie-down brackets.

Workmanship: before starting I took a class put on by local RV builders on doing metal aircraft construction (we built the Vans practice kit). I've had many years of doing other "handyman" work including woodworking, and have built at least 10 radio control RC planes. So I would consider the workmanship to be solid.

Why am I selling? After 4 years of intermittant work, I've finally admitted to myself that I have too many other projects and priorities to be able to finish this in a reasonable amount of time (ETA given current rate of construction: 2032!). I would love to finish, but I think it would be better to pick it up again when I am closer to retirement and have fewer family responsibilities. Also, some good rental planes have come on line locally since I started building that can satisfy my flying urge for the time being (Diamond DA-40 - at least it has a stick! Smile).

Here's a chance to get a jump on a significant amount of work and save some money to boot. Plus you can avoid the 8 weeks lead time on Van's wing kit.

Current Van's prices (not including crating/shipping):
- tail kit: $1600
- electric trim: $305
- tail position light: $80
- Wing kit: $6455

Shipping: I am willing to deliver within about 300 miles of SLC, UT. Otherwise, we will have to arrange for shipping and the buyer will pay actual costs.

I am willing to sell the tail and wing kits seperately if there is interest.

Please e-mail me at rvator(at)lindonnet.com with any questions. Once we establish contact I can give you a phone number to call me if you would like to talk in person. I can also post additional pictures if you would like a closer look at any particular area.

Thanks for looking!

Bob Smith
rvator(at)lindonnet.com

do not archive

[quote][b]

- The Matronics RV9-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV9-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV9-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: