Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question About Installing the Electric Flaps on an RV-6AQ

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV6-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colleenandbrett(at)comcas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: Question About Installing the Electric Flaps on an RV-6AQ Reply with quote

I am in the process of installing the electric flaps and I am need of getting some questions answered:

Quote:
1.) When installing the F-680 Bearing Block after it has been split, are spacers to be placed between to the two halves to fill the gap or is this to be left as an air gap?

2.) Between the Bearing Blocks and flap control tube is this to be lubed (i.e. grease / oil) or left dry?

3.) The F-661EF Bearing Blocks do not fit onto the ends of Wd-613 EF flap control tube as counterbores are 0.010 inch smaller than the ends of the flap control tube. Are the Bearing Blocks to be split, should I open up the counterbores in the F-661 EF bearing blocks or is there something wrong with my parts?

4.) The directions in section Q9 of the Quckbuild manual states that the FF-604 is be 9 1/2 inches forward of F-605 web but drawing EF 6-1 shows this to ~ 10 inches. Which should it be?

Finally, I no longer have the false spar that came with the kit (i.e. unfortunately I threw it out not realizing that I would need it later). I now find that this needed for some of the assembly steps. Is it possible to purchase another one? Should I just make one up?

Thanks.

Brett Herrick
RV-6AQ Columbus, IN

[quote][b]

- The Matronics RV6-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV6-List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV6-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: