Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV6-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bmrv09(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: question Reply with quote

HI:

I have an RV6 C with slider canopy C and need to replace the block that holds the
canopy secured C at the rear sides.

Sory I cannot remember the technical name for this material C is the white hard C
plastic like....

I know I can ordered it from Van's C but I tought I could find it some where else
the shipping  would be more than the piece....

Thanks for any information

Maurice
Suspicious message? There’s an alert for that. Get your Hotmail® account now. [quote][b]

- The Matronics RV6-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV6-List
c.ennis(at)insightbb.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: question Reply with quote

I don 7t have a slider C but it was probably 2Teflon 2 E
6nbsp; Do not archive
---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

jclarkmail(at)gmail.com

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: question Reply with quote

UHMW

Ultra-High Molecular Weight Plastic
On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 10:01 PM, robert murillo <bmrv09(at)hotmail.com (bmrv09(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
HI:

I have an RV6, with slider canopy, and need to replace the block that holds the
canopy secured, at the rear sides.

Sory I cannot remember the technical name for this material, is the white hard,
plastic like....

I know I can ordered it from Van's, but I tought I could find it some where else
the shipping would be more than the piece....

Maurice

Suspicious message? There's an alert for that. Get your Hotmail® account now.
Quote:

--
This is an alternate email. Please continue to email me at james(at)nextupventures.com (james(at)nextupventures.com) .

[quote][b]

falconav04(at)yahoo.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: question Reply with quote

Try USPlastic.com
Walt...RV-6A
finishing up

--- On Tue, 12/16/08, Charles Ennis <c.ennis(at)insightbb.com> wrote:

[quote] From: Charles Ennis <c.ennis(at)insightbb.com>
Subject: Re: question
To: rv6-list(at)matronics.com
Date: Tuesday, December 16, 2008, 9:19 PM
I don't have a slider, but it was probably
"Teflon".
Do not archive
---

recapen(at)earthlink.net

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:44 am    Post subject: question Reply with quote

You can make your own - with West Epoxy resin and Flox.
Tape the front and back of the 'carrier' after coating the innards with mold release wax. Fill the 'carrier' with a not-so-thick mixture of resin and flox. Coat the slider 'poke' pins with mold release wax. After the flox mixture starts to set a little, close the canopy, the pins will poke through the tape and form a perfect pocket - maintaining the proper alignment.

One of my canard buddies came up with this as a solution to my concerns about mis-drilling the blocks. I haven't actually done this myself - but with the other experiences that I have had with flox blocks - this should do quite nicely.

--

bmrv09(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: question Reply with quote

Thanks James:

You would not know where one can buy some ?

Maurice

Date: Tue C 16 Dec 2008 22:35:02 -0500

UHMW

On Tue C Dec 16 C 2008 at 10:01 PM C robert murillo <bmrv09(at)hotmail.com> wrote:
Quote:
HI:

I have an RV6 C with slider canopy C and need to replace the block that holds the

Sory I cannot remember the technical name for this material C is the white hard C
plastic like....

I know I can ordered it from Van's C but I tought I could find it some where else

Maurice

Quote:

--
This is an alternate email. Please continue to email me at james(at)nextupventures.com .

Quote:

Send e-mail anywhere. No map C no compass. Get your Hotmail® account now.

D1GCC(at)aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: question Reply with quote

Just google it. You'll find a supplier.

Ralph's idea seems good.

Graham
[quote][b]

robertcutter(at)sc.rr.com

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: question Reply with quote

Graham,

Most rubber and gasket stores have it. I worked for 6-7 years as a rep for one. They usually carry it in a green and a white color. The white is food grade, but that is what most people buy because they think it looks better. Usually the same price. They will usually cut it to size for you. I used to sell 1/2" thick sheets in 4ft. X 10ft pieces up to 1-1/2 " thick and down to 1/16". Also comes as a rod as well. Most stores will GIVE you small pieces of it if you ask.

RVRC
Robert
[quote] ---

bmrv09(at)hotmail.com

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: question Reply with quote

Thanks  for the info.  James C  happy happy Holdidays

Date: Tue C 16 Dec 2008 22:35:02 -0500

UHMW

On Tue C Dec 16 C 2008 at 10:01 PM C robert murillo <bmrv09(at)hotmail.com (bmrv09(at)hotmail.com)> wrote:
Quote:
HI:

plastic like....

Maurice

Quote:

--
This is an alternate email. Please continue to email me at james(at)nextupventures.com (james(at)nextupventures.com) .

Quote:

ww.matronics.com/contribution
tp://www.matronics.com/Navigator?RV6-List
ronics.com
You live life online. So we put Windows on the='_new'>Learn more about Windows Live [quote][b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> RV6-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: