Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MS3SPA on an O-200

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Continental-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vk3eka(at)bigpond.net.au

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: MS3SPA on an O-200 Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I am installing an O-200 on a Zenith 601XL. I am having difficulty routing
the mixture cable from the carb to the cockpit.

Presently the lever operates in such a way as to put the oil sump directly
in its way. I think I have the wrong lever on the carb. The number is
155-28. Does anybody know what part # I should have?

Cheers

Peter
Wonthaggi Australia

- The Matronics Continental-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Continental-List
GLJSOJ1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:14 am    Post subject: MS3SPA on an O-200 Reply with quote

Hi Peter

I had to route my mixture for my O-200 from center firewall toward the passenger side C under the exhaust the then down to the back side of the Marvel carb.  I ended up making a bracket and bolting it to the bolts that support the oil sump(not the rings of nuts).  I used a "generic" throttle and mixture cable and then cut them to length very carefully as these cables can't be taken apart as the "locking" mechanism will come apart.  Bottom line is do not let the cable rub anywhere (I used lots of cable supports) and secure it near the carb so that it will no flex when pushed.

I have to say my plane was easy to buold until I got to the canopy (poor instruction) and firewall forward (no instruction) especially since I did not buy a firewall forward kit.

Hope this helps.

Glenn 

N676L  601XL Completed 
Chesapeake 
VA 

Quote:
To: continental-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: MS3SPA on an O-200
Date: Mon C 29 Jun 2009 18:42:34 +1000

--> Continental-List message posted by: "Peter W Johnson" <vk3eka(at)bigpond.net.au>

Hi Guys C

Cheers

Peter
Wonthaggi Australia

========================>

[quote]

Hotmail® has ever-growing storage! Don’t worry about storage limits. Check it out.
Quote:
[b]

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

vk3eka(at)bigpond.net.au

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:38 pm    Post subject: MS3SPA on an O-200 Reply with quote

Glenn,

Thanks for the info. I still feel the lever is not the correct one for the O-200 (P/N 155-28 written on it, what’s yours?).

I managed to borrow one of Jon Crookes DVD’s for the canopy installation. It was much better than the manual.

The firewall forward kit from Zenith is the cowling and engine mount. The rest is up to you.

Thanks

Peter

From: owner-continental-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-continental-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of GLENN JOHNSON
Sent: Monday, 29 June 2009 9:10 PM
Subject: RE: Continental-List: MS3SPA on an O-200

[quote]Hi Peter

I had to route my mixture for my O-200 from center firewall toward the passenger side, under the exhaust the then down to the back side of the Marvel carb. I ended up making a bracket and bolting it to the bolts that support the oil sump(not the rings of nuts). I used a "generic" throttle and mixture cable and then cut them to length very carefully as these cables can't be taken apart as the "locking" mechanism will come apart. Bottom line is do not let the cable rub anywhere (I used lots of cable supports) and secure it near the carb so that it will no flex when pushed.

I have to say my plane was easy to buold until I got to the canopy (poor instruction) and firewall forward (no instruction) especially since I did not buy a firewall forward kit.

Hope this helps.

Glenn

[b]N676L 601XL Completed [/b]
Chesapeake
VA
[b]

GLJSOJ1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: MS3SPA on an O-200 Reply with quote

Hi Peter

I bought my engine off Ebay out of a 150 and it was very complete.  Only thing I had to add was cooling baffles.  I'd check out the web sites for the carb and see what you can get from there or if you can get a rebuild / parts manual that would answer you question.  Hope that helps.

Glenn 

N676L  601XL Completed 
Chesapeake 
VA 

Subject: RE: MS3SPA on an O-200
Date: Tue C 30 Jun 2009 10:34:49 +1000

.ExternalClass .EC_shape {;} .ExternalClass p.EC_MsoNormal C .ExternalClass li.EC_MsoNormal C .ExternalClass div.EC_MsoNormal {margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:'Times New Roman';} .ExternalClass a:link C .ExternalClass span.EC_MsoHyperlink {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;} .ExternalClass a:visited C .ExternalClass span.EC_MsoHyperlinkFollowed {color:blue;text-decoration:underline;} .ExternalClass p {margin-right:0cm;margin-left:0cm;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:'Times New Roman';} .ExternalClass pre {margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:10.0pt;font-family:'Courier New';} .ExternalClass span.EC_EmailStyle21 {font-family:Arial;color:navy;} (at)page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt;} .ExternalClass div.EC_Section1 {page:Section1;}
Glenn C

Thanks for the info. I still feel the lever is not the correct one for the O-200 (P/N 155-28 written on it C what’s yours?).

I managed to borrow one of Jon Crookes DVD’s for the canopy installation. It was much better than the manual.

The firewall forward kit from Zenith is the cowling and engine mount. The rest is up to you.

Thanks

Peter

From: owner-continental-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-continental-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of GLENN JOHNSON
Sent: Monday C 29 June 2009 9:10 PM

Quote:
Hi Peter

I had to route my mixture for my O-200 from center firewall toward the passenger side C under the exhaust the then down to the back side of the Marvel carb.  I ended up making a bracket and bolting it to the bolts that support the oil sump(not the rings of nuts).  I used a "generic" throttle and mixture cable and then cut them to length very carefully as these cables can't be taken apart as the "locking" mechanism will come apart.  Bottom line is do not let the cable rub anywhere (I used lots of cable supports) and secure it near the carb so that it will no flex when pushed.

Hope this helps.

Glenn 

[b]N676L  601XL Completed [/b]
Chesapeake 
VA 

List">http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Continental-List
ronics.com
ww.matronics.com/contribution

Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone. [quote][b]

vk3eka(at)bigpond.net.au

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: MS3SPA on an O-200 Reply with quote

Glenn,

Thanks, I have had a look around the ‘net but most info would come from a $70 parts manual.

I’ll see what else I can have a look at in my local airport.

Cheers

Peter

Sent: Tuesday, 30 June 2009 8:52 PM

Hi Peter

I bought my engine off Ebay out of a 150 and it was very complete. Only thing I had to add was cooling baffles. I'd check out the web sites for the carb and see what you can get from there or if you can get a rebuild / parts manual that would answer you question. Hope that helps.

Glenn

[b]N676L 601XL [/b][b]Completed [/b]
Chesapeake
VA

Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 10:34:49 +1000
Glenn,

Thanks for the info. I still feel the lever is not the correct one for the O-200 (P/N 155-28 written on it, what’s yours?).

Thanks

Peter

Sent: Monday, 29 June 2009 9:10 PM

Quote:
Hi Peter

I had to route my mixture for my O-200 from center firewall toward the passenger side, under the exhaust the then down to the back side of the Marvel carb. I ended up making a bracket and bolting it to the bolts that support the oil sump(not the rings of nuts). I used a "generic" throttle and mixture cable and then cut them to length very carefully as these cables can't be taken apart as the "locking" mechanism will come apart. Bottom line is do not let the cable rub anywhere (I used lots of cable supports) and secure it near the carb so that it will no flex when pushed.

Hope this helps.

Glenn

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Windows Live™ SkyDrive™: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Get it on your BlackBerry or iPhone.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

[quote][b]

ksheely(at)bellsouth.net

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: MS3SPA on an O-200 Reply with quote

Peter,

Mine comes in from the passenger side also. Check out this picture: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EJudOzvIdUA/Shs7qdwwf2I/AAAAAAAAAY0/g8-gPpQfdZI/s1600-h/Carb+Inlet+Elbow-15.jpg

Kevin

Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 4:42:34 AM

--> Continental-List message posted by: "Peter W Johnson" <vk3eka(at)bigpond.net.au (vk3eka(at)bigpond.net.au)>

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Peter
Wonthaggi ; &nbs=====================
[quote][b]

vk3eka(at)bigpond.net.au

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:10 am    Post subject: MS3SPA on an O-200 Reply with quote

Kevin,

Thanks, looking at the picture I can see I have a different mixture lever. If I can find out what number I need I can order one.

Many thanks

Peter

From: owner-continental-list-server(at)matronics.com [mailto:owner-continental-list-server(at)matronics.com] On Behalf Of Kevin Sheely
Sent: Tuesday, 30 June 2009 9:58 PM
Subject: Re: Continental-List: MS3SPA on an O-200

Peter,

Mine comes in from the passenger side also. Check out this picture: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_EJudOzvIdUA/Shs7qdwwf2I/AAAAAAAAAY0/g8-gPpQfdZI/s1600-h/Carb+Inlet+Elbow-15.jpg

Kevin

[quote]From: Peter W Johnson <vk3eka(at)bigpond.net.au>

--> Continental-List message posted by: "Peter W Johnson" <vk3eka(at)bigpond.net.au>

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Peter
Wonthaggi [b]

hdwysong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:40 am    Post subject: MS3SPA on an O-200 Reply with quote

My mixture lever P/N is a 155-409, Peter (MA-3SPA on a Cessna 150M w/ mixture control coming in from the starboard side much like Kevin's pic). 

HTH,

D
[quote][b]

vk3eka(at)bigpond.net.au

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: MS3SPA on an O-200 Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I managed to find the correct lever at my local aero engine builder. Straight swap for the one I had.

Cheers

Peter.

[quote]From: Peter W Johnson <vk3eka(at)bigpond.net.au>

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Peter
Wonthaggi [b]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Continental-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: