Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

0-290 and other Lycoming info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Tailwind-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patreilly43(at)hotmail.co

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: 0-290 and other Lycoming info Reply with quote

Dennis C Are you going to attend Oshkosh?

Pat Reilly

To: tailwind-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Re: 0-290 and other Lycoming info
Date: Fri C 27 Feb 2009 18:39:45 -0600

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P {padding-right:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:0px;} .ExternalClass BODY.EC_hmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;} Pat C
We are in the South Suburbs of Chicago about 30 miles South of MDW C Frankfort C IL.
i flew a W9 Tailwind for 12 years C 1000 hrs and raced it a little C it had an 0-360 with CS prop and did about 200 while racing.
The new W10's are a lot faster C in the 2006 Airventure we were low on fuel so throttled back and flew high but a W10 from CA with
0-320 flew low and fast into mostly headwinds and did 216mph!
See photos of Tailwind C N564DF that i sold in 2005 and last raced in 2006.Also current biplane project.
i am only sport pilot now and hope to be able to lift my leg high enough to get in the biplane.
66 years old and happy to even see 2009.
Dennis from Chicago
PS; i attended the RFD EAA flyins from 1963 on and flew a Cougar C N6484D built by Leonard Eaves into the first OSH flyin.

[quote] ---

- The Matronics Tailwind-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Tailwind-List
downing.j(at)sbcglobal.ne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:11 pm    Post subject: 0-290 and other Lycoming info Reply with quote

Dennis, I have an article on the Cougar built by leonard which was in Sport Aviation. Wonder where the plane is now. Farmer John
[quote] ---

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

flamini2(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: 0-290 and other Lycoming info Reply with quote

John,
i saw photos of N6484D after it crashed due to engine failure on way to Florida from Chicago, it flipped over in a soft field and broke the wings...etc.
At the time it had a balanced C85 and Beech-Roby hand crank prop.
My favorite story is the time we folded the wings and secured them with a bungie cord and towed the plane backward to my garage, the bungie broke and
one wing rotated on the main spar and swung into the prop and punched a hole thru both plywd surfaces but no ribs or spars. We fixed that and covered
the repair with a black racing stripe on red wings.
i will look up the article, still run into Leonard at OSH from time to time.
Dennis in Chicago
[quote] ---

flamini2(at)comcast.net

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:15 pm    Post subject: 0-290 and other Lycoming info Reply with quote

Yes, we have not missed many since i flew a Cougar there in 1970.
Since 2006 i have been driving. Not sure what dates yet.
i will keep you posted.
Dennis in Chicago
[quote] ---

patreilly43(at)hotmail.co

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: 0-290 and other Lycoming info Reply with quote

Dennis C OK. Maybe we can meet in Oshkosh then. I don't know what days I will be there either. I will probably be there 3 days. My cell phone # is 630-292 6117. I will have it with me.

Pat Reilly 

To: tailwind-list(at)matronics.com
Subject: Fw: 0-290 and other Lycoming info
Date: Thu C 2 Jul 2009 01:09:10 -0500

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P {padding-right:0px;padding-left:0px;padding-bottom:0px;padding-top:0px;} .ExternalClass BODY.EC_hmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Verdana;}  

Yes C we have not missed many since i flew a Cougar there in 1970.
Since 2006 i have been driving. Not sure what dates yet.
i will keep you posted.
Dennis in Chicago
[quote] ---

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Tailwind-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: