Matronics Email Lists Forum Index Matronics Email Lists
Web Forum Interface to the Matronics Email Lists

Get Email Distribution Too!Get Email Distribution Too!    FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

damaged 2005 allegro 2000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawnflyer44(at)hotmail.co

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:25 am    Post subject: damaged 2005 allegro 2000 Reply with quote

The accident occured on an aborted take-off when the aircraft veered left and encountered a ditch along left side of the runway.  The impact bent the nosegear and ripped out the left maingear.  The right main was also damaged slightly and will probably need replacement.  Prop strike occured and prop was destroyed.  While sliding along grass surface C the exaust pipe end was flattened.  Mechanic states that this is not a big problem.  The oil cooler is bent from the nose gear impact. The left wing has a small wrinkle near the tip C but this should be an easy fix C  
The engine C empenage C cowl C aft fuselage C all instruments C trim and flap controls are all intact and right wing is also intact.  As noted C left wing will need minor repair. 
the mid fuselage and landing gear housings will need to be rebuilt.  I am told that this fix can be made but no one around here seems wanting to tackle it.  Pictures are available (at) my e mail address if you want to take a look.  Will sell entire aircraft or parts as desired.  List   of pics below.

1170- overall view of fuselage from R
1171-bottom view of nosewheel socket C intact C and  
        bent oil cooler
1172-bottom view shows bent oil cooler and flattend
        exhaust
1173- shows crack back of R gear socket
1174 shows major damage to L gear socket
1175- shows fully intact panel and instruments
1176-shows fully intact empenage
1177-showa rear view of intact empenage
1178- Left view of cabin
1179-view from R side of R gear socket damage
1180-outside view of R gear socket
1181-intact engine and gearbox
1182-intact nose gear proximal support
1183reverse view of intact nose gear proximal
       support
1184-flattened end of exhaust
1185- wrinkle top surfac distal L wing
1186- same thing
1187- minor damage to undrsurface L wing

I hope this gives you a good idea of the situation.  This aircraft can be salvaged by someone with the right skills and is a sweet flyer.  I wish I had the time and skills to fix it myself !

Let me know what you think C

Mick(at) dawnflyer44(at)hotmail.com (dawnflyer44(at)hotmail.com)

[quote][b]

- The Matronics Allegro-List Email Forum -

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

http://www.matronics.com/Navigator?Allegro-List
Roger Lee

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Re: damaged 2005 allegro 2000 Reply with quote

Hi Mick,

Just so you cover all your bases...
You also have an engine and gearbox inspection to carry out. They will want to know what rpm the engine was turning when it hit and what kind of prop it was. Rotax has a special procedure that must be followed since it is an SLSA or it will not be able to have it's airworthy cert again. Any repair not in the Allegro maint manual will need to be written up and submitted to the Allegro people for approval. Take pictures before and after the repair, you will need them.

Just for everyones info.
If a procedure is not in the maint. manual (i.e...a brake replacement) it must have a "letter of approval" from the factory to keep its airworthy certificate. It is now considered a major repair if it is not in the manual.

Use the List Feature Navigator to browse the many List utilities available such as the Email Subscriptions page, Archive Search & Download, 7-Day Browse, Chat, FAQ, Photoshare, and much more:

Light Sport Repairman
Home 520-574-1080 TRY HOME FIRST
Cell 520-349-7056
dawnflyer44(at)hotmail.co

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: damaged 2005 allegro 2000 Reply with quote

Thanks Roger C

I will post that info as soon as I can.
                                                    Mick
and Coh yes C this will be a major repair!

Quote:
Subject: Re: damaged 2005 allegro 2000
Date: Sun C 16 Aug 2009 15:37:58 -0700
To: allegro-list(at)matronics.com

--> Allegro-List message posted by: "Roger Lee" <ssadiver1(at)yahoo.com>

Hi Mick C

Just so you cover all your bases...
You also have an engine and gearbox inspection to carry out. They will want to know what rpm the engine was turning when it hit and what kind of prop it was. Rotax has a special procedure that must be followed since it is an SLSA or it will not be able to have it's airworthy cert again. Any repair not in the Allegro maint manual will need to be written up and submitted to the Allegro people for approval.

Just for everyones info.
If a procedure is not in the maint. manual (i.e...a brake replacement) it must have a "letter of approval" from the factory to keep its airworthy certificate. It is now considered a major repair if it is not in the manual.

--------
Roger Lee
Tucson C Az.
Light Sport Repairman - Maintenance Rated
Rotax Service Center
520-574-1080

Read this topic online here:

http://forums.matronics.com/viewtopic.php?p=258061#258061

=======================
&g=======

[quote]

Quote:
[b]

Thom Riddle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Re: damaged 2005 allegro 2000 Reply with quote

Dawnflyer,

A guy at Dart Field south of Buffalo, NY bought an Allegro a few years ago that had similar damage but it occurred in a landing accident. He did not do the repairs himself but may be able to steer you in the right direction for repairs if you decide to keep the airplane rather than sell it. He sent the fuselage to some place in Arizona that specializes in composite repairs. Roger may know of this outfit but I don't have the name. I saw photos of the airplane after the accident and then I saw it in person after the repairs. The repairs were perfect cosmetically. Amazing work.

The guy's name who bought the damaged Allegro is John Landrich and his email is n7570a_at_roadrunner.com if you want to contact him. At least this was his email the last time I communicated with him, which was a couple years ago.

Don't worry about old age... it doesn't last very long.
- Anonymous
Roger Lee

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: damaged 2005 allegro 2000 Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

The people that I would send any composite aircraft to is Lone Mountain Aviation in Las Vegas. I have seen tails chopped off and damage that you would think was a total. They do unbelievable work. Looks like it's right out of the box when done. You can't tell where they even touched it. They are a Cirrus dealer and just recently a Flight Design distributor. Their specialty is composites and repairs.
Kenny Scherado
Lone Mountain Aviation
lonemountainaviation.com
(702) 309-2200
2830 N Rancho Dr, #A
Las Vegas, NV

Light Sport Repairman
Home 520-574-1080 TRY HOME FIRST
Cell 520-349-7056
Thom Riddle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: damaged 2005 allegro 2000 Reply with quote

Roger,

I think that was the place that the local Allegro owner sent his to be repaired. I was only one state off and both are in the desert Smile.

Don't worry about old age... it doesn't last very long.
- Anonymous
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Matronics Email Lists Forum Index -> Allegro-List All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: